PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats T-Shirt and Hat MNF Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC00

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Dolphins lose and the Pats will clinch the East.

I still don't get that considering the Dolphins are in last place in the East. And the Jets (the only team in the East who can at least tie the Pats) and Patriots are undefeated against both the Dolphins and Giants.

Including next week it'll be 3 weeks in a row rooting for the Giants....:eek:

Melissa Etheridge. :eek: Yuck!

Must be weird for our players to watch a t shirt and hat game rather than be playing in it

Doesn't really matter when we clinch, rather see the Giants lose. Go fins! Man sick seeing a throwback stadium. Wish Kraft would get the helmets painted and do a throwback Pat Patriot field too.

IDK how that works but okay. I will take it.

Ok donkey kong suh, give Eli a concussion that is really mild but forces him to leave the game so we can win the division.

Edit: Lolphins need to lose for us to win division? I'll take that.

I still don't get that considering the Dolphins are in last place in the East. And the Jets (the only team in the East who can at least tie the Pats) and Patriots are undefeated against both the Dolphins and Giants.

A dolphins loss would clinch at least a tie in the strength of victory. Which then it goes to strength of schedule if both the Pats and jests are tied, which Pats own that tiebreaker over the jests.

But a Dolphins' loss offers a confusing path to a quicker clinching. Here's how it would work, as confirmed by the NFL today:

The Miami loss would clinch at least a tie in the Pats' strength-of-victory tiebreaker with the Jets. That's fifth on the list of tiebreakers the NFL uses. And since the Patriots would own the sixth tiebreaker, strength of schedule, the Patriots would win the AFC East. Of course, both of those tiebreakers would only come into play if the Patriots lost their final three games and the Jets won their last three so that both teams finshed with an 11-5 record.
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...an_clinch_afc_east_tonight_with_dolphins_loss

lol danny aiken is playing for the giants? He's going to save us if the giants some how make the superbowl. BB's secret weapon heheheh:D

See the above posts. The specific issue is in this worst-case scenario, the Jets would have 2 wins over the Dolphins while the Pats would have only 1. So we need the Dolphins to be as bad as possible so the "strength" of those two wins over the Dolphins is considered low, while the Pats only have it count against them once.

Actually upon further review it does seem like a dolphins loss is pretty close to a clincher. I have been playing with the playoff machine and i have not found a way for the Pats not to clinch if the dolphins lose this game.

Last edited:
you know, it's too bad that Dan will never get his ring.

well, not really...Done Noringo..stuck on suck forever

How many times a year do the Dolphins alumni gather on the sidelines? It seems like every other game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST