PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign Reche Caldwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAWN!

How can you all be soooooo excited over a MAYBE mediocre reciever? Yikes. I'm more excited about Bam Childress having more of an impact on the offense. What has Reche done in his career? Oh yah.....NADDA.

GIVE ME MOULDS!

patchick said:
Nice to hear.

Now can somebody tell me how to pronounced "Reche"?
Ru-shay. Like Paper Ru-shay :D (credit goes to a fellow poster on another board).

pciamp24 said:
I'm pretty sure that it is more like REE-SHEA, if I remember correctly...
Hopefully, he can REACH for the ball real good. Good name for a wide receiver, actually, Reche.

Garbanza said:
YAWN!

How can you all be soooooo excited over a MAYBE mediocre reciever? Yikes. I'm more excited about Bam Childress having more of an impact on the offense. What has Reche done in his career? Oh yah.....NADDA.

GIVE ME MOULDS!
Translation: who cares what the FO thinks? I need to be entertained, NOW, whether its the right thing for the team or not!

He's 26 years old, coming two years off a ACL and is a 2nd round pick.

Garbanza said:
GIVE ME MOULDS!

perhaps we will sign him too...

i like Moulds a lot.

MoLewisrocks said:
I hope we didn't overpay. :rolleyes:

LOL, I don't think that'll be a problem.
Seriously though, i think this a good signing.
They must see something in him.

He should give us a good #3 WR and a playable #2. I'd still like Moulds or Keyshawn, at the right price, to give us a nice 1-3 trio.

I'm not one of the several people here pushing the panic button because the FO has made no moves so far this off-season. But lets be real, my dear little homers, Reche Caldwell is no great shakes. It's not even a given that he will make it through camp. Nonetheless, he's the second coming of God to some of you. Just keeping it real.

On to Moulds. He is still a great talent, though aging. I suspect he may be HUNGRY. The Pats, in the past, have picked up hungry, aging vets and the outcome has been magnificent. Harrison and Dillon come to mind.

So I assume he's playing for $5...

:O

hehehehe Garb, with only Bethel Johnson and Bam as the other WR (besides Branch) on the team, I think he makes it. :)

Good depth signing. Doesn't he KR?

Reche Caldwell ....honestly people, just resign Troy Brown and call it a day then. Brown is better than Caldwell who HAS DONE BUNK IN HIS CAREER.

Garbanza said:
Reche Caldwell ....honestly people, just resign Troy Brown and call it a day then. Brown is better than Caldwell who HAS DONE BUNK IN HIS CAREER.

Besides TO and KJ, I don't think any of the WR FA class left has done bunk. Maybe we can trade for Moulds, or pick him up in August when the Bill release him out of spite.

David Terrell was supposed to be the second coming too.....oh yah, and Andre Davis.....gee wiz, is Stokes still out there? LOL!

Garbanza said:
I'm not one of the several people here pushing the panic button because the FO has made no moves so far this off-season. But lets be real, my dear little homers, Reche Caldwell is no great shakes. It's not even a given that he will make it through camp. Nonetheless, he's the second coming of God to some of you. Just keeping it real.

On to Moulds. He is still a great talent, though aging. I suspect he may be HUNGRY. The Pats, in the past, have picked up hungry, aging vets and the outcome has been magnificent. Harrison and Dillon come to mind.
Not the slightest bit of exaggeration on this post. I'm reading the same thread as you and haven't seen anyone even remotely suggest anything even approximating this. You're emplying the age-old 'strawman' technique to refute something that no one said in the first place.

I think the reaction here is pretty clearminded as to the player's track record. Any projection going forward is really uninformed, pro OR con. We just don't know. Any enthusiasm you see is simply about the Patriots adding someone after a frustrating week for most.

We have to "somebody" to line up at WR. I'm thinking he replaces Bethel Johnson as KR and depth WR.

Looks like we've signed our #3 receiver..Not to bad. Keep the depth coming.

PATRIOTS-80 said:
He's 26 years old, coming two years off a ACL and is a 2nd round pick.

Sound like a good equation to me.

Anyone know if he can return punts or kick offs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back