PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats release McKenzie

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you pissed off about?
We just concluded a decade as the most successful team of that decade, and one of the top 3 most successful of any decade.
If you are a season ticket holder for 18 years how can you possiubly be pissed off at the results BB has brought to this franchise?
When you bought your season tickets in 1992 did you really expect 3 Lombardis, 4 trips to the SB, 14 playoff wins, 5 trips to the AFCC, and the most wins in one decade?Ever? Come on. Either you arent really a fan or you have seriously lost your way.

So very true!

What a stupid, spoiled, entitled fanbase we have become.

I won't tolerate idiot talk from idiots that think we would be doing so much better without BB.

A couple bad calls from officials, and a couple barely missed plays ended two of our playoff runs, including a potential fourth superbowl victory. We also would have beat the Bears had we made it to that superbowl.

We literally came extremely close to winning 5 superbowls last decade.

Originally Posted by Brarrell
I think alot of this goes back to the owner they haven't spent any money on FA's in the last few years adding good players while developing your young guys. Instead we trade Seymore for a 2011 1st instead of a 2010 1st which would have been a top ten pick where you can get a top defensive player, but no we take the 2011 because there will probably be a new CBA and a rookie salary cap are you freakin kidding me. You didn't want to sign Samuel why because he didn't intercept a pass in the Superbowl! So you spend all this money and effort to replace him they should have signed the guy he is a PLAYMAKER. They hide behind the cap and Felger has continuously shown that its a bunch of baloney. The Jets, Redskins and numerous other teams have shown its a bunch of crap.

Felger has only shown he has no clue when it comes to talking finances, Jonathan tried to explain it to him and it didnt penetrate his cheese brain.
Im sure they didnt decide not to sign Samuel because he missed one interception, he simply wanted more money than they had him valued, argue if you want about that but they have a system and stick to it and they have fielded a good to great team almost every year since 2001.
They have a system that keeps them competetive year in and year out and they're not going to shoot their wad for one SB only to have a crappy team for the next 5 years.

What are you pissed off about?
We just concluded a decade as the most successful team of that decade, and one of the top 3 most successful of any decade.
If you are a season ticket holder for 18 years how can you possiubly be pissed off at the results BB has brought to this franchise?
When you bought your season tickets in 1992 did you really expect 3 Lombardis, 4 trips to the SB, 14 playoff wins, 5 trips to the AFCC, and the most wins in one decade?Ever? Come on. Either you arent really a fan or you have seriously lost your way.

If you're counting from 1992 we've seen them go to 5 SB's and 6 AFC Championships.:D I get your point though.;)

I don't even want to bother with the rest, but just because you didn't know about Mankins doesn't mean no one else did. Word was that the 49ers were going to draft him the selection right after the Pats took him. Besides, the Pats have a Fresno State connection and knew exactly what they were going to get. Pat Hill, the head coach, have been friends with Belichick since Hill coached under Belichick in Cleveland in the early 90s. You can argue the only reason why they drafted him was because of Hill and not the Pats' scouts, but no way was Mankins a "luck" pick.
Already knew this. And to say "he knew what he was going to get" is BS because nobody knows what their going to get when drafting players.
BTW, Mankins and Wilfork are All Pros. There would be a significant drop off for any team. I agree that some of the Pats' drafts were bad. I think you are being ridiculous to draft good drafts like the 2005 draft which produced 5 starters.
Mankins played because he was a first round pick. Hobbs and Sanders didn't start because they were good, they started because they didn't have anybody else. Get real dude. Cassel started because Brady tore his ACL. And Kaczur started but was never anything special. There's tons of people on this board that wouldn't mind seeing Kaczur out the door.
And the 2009 draft since the players have only played one year and it may end up producing 5 starters (Chung, Butler, Brace, Vollmer, and either Tate or Edelamn) and and three significant role players (whichever of Tate or Edelman who doesn't start although they both may be our returners, Ingram who is the long snapper, and Pryor). If you expect superstars every draft, you don't understand drafting.
I'm sorry, you clearly didn't read what I wrote concerning there 2009 draft. I wrote that this looks like their overall best draft class between the years of '04-'09.
When you clearly don't know all the facts, you really shouldn't spout BS.
I remember when Mike Nolan came out and said he wanted Mankins for whatever reason. I knew BB is friends with Pat Hill.

Homers will deny it, but you guys are in the minority regarding how well the Pats drafted over the last several years. Even Pats fans favorite Reiss is starting to admit it.

I also find it funny when people defend McKenzie for tearing his ACL yet call Chad Jackson a bust.

Last edited:
How could anyone in his right mind question how the Patriots drafted last year?

Felger has only shown he has no clue when it comes to talking finances, Jonathan tried to explain it to him and it didnt penetrate his cheese brain.
Im sure they didnt decide not to sign Samuel because he missed one interception, he simply wanted more money than they had him valued, argue if you want about that but they have a system and stick to it and they have fielded a good to great team almost every year since 2001.
They have a system that keeps them competetive year in and year out and they're not going to shoot their wad for one SB only to have a crappy team for the next 5 years.

IMO right now the Dolphins and the Jets man for man have better rosters and better defenses the Pats have the better offense and the trump card Brady. But there will come a day when Brady won't be here and the throwing away of 2nd & 3rd round picks which people will say oh see BB is not afraid to cut someone that can't play. I see it differntly stop trading down for value and trade up for quality. I still like the Pats to win the division because its a qb driven league and we have a top 3 qb with weapons.

IMO right now the Dolphins and the Jets man for man have better rosters and better defenses the Pats have the better offense and the trump card Brady. But there will come a day when Brady won't be here and the throwing away of 2nd & 3rd round picks which people will say oh see BB is not afraid to cut someone that can't play. I see it differntly stop trading down for value and trade up for quality. I still like the Pats to win the division because its a qb driven league and we have a top 3 qb with weapons.

Let's wait and see how good Brace, Butler, Vollmer and Chung are this year. Also let's see how Gronk, Cunningham and Spikes turn out. That is a lot of 2nd round guys - You would have preferred just two of those guys or even only 1 if we traded up and took two higher 1st round selections instead?

Last edited:
If you're counting from 1992 we've seen them go to 5 SB's and 6 AFC Championships.:D I get your point though.;)
Yeah, I know, but I was done with the post before I considered 1996, so I added 'in a decade'

Already knew this. And to say "he knew what he was going to get" is BS because nobody knows what their going to get when drafting players.

Mankins played because he was a first round pick. Hobbs and Sanders didn't start because they were good, they started because they didn't have anybody else. Get real dude. Cassel started because Brady tore his ACL. And Kaczur started but was never anything special. There's tons of people on this board that wouldn't mind seeing Kaczur out the door.

Thats because there's tons of people on this board who are idiots, and only watch football for a good reason to yell at the TV.

I'm sorry, you clearly didn't read what I wrote concerning there 2009 draft. I wrote that this looks like their overall best draft class between the years of '04-'09.

I remember when Mike Nolan came out and said he wanted Mankins for whatever reason. I knew BB is friends with Pat Hill.

Homers will deny it, but you guys are in the minority regarding how well the Pats drafted over the last several years. Even Pats fans favorite Reiss is starting to admit it.

I also find it funny when people defend McKenzie for tearing his ACL yet call Chad Jackson a bust.

I agree that criticizing jackson is kind of silly, but your overall point is just drivel. EVERY team in the NFL makes a lot of picks that bust. When it comes down to it, pretty much every metric shows the Pats have been in the top half of the NFL.

OK, I'll play along. Where are the Dolphins stronger than the Patriots?
Remember the Dolphins were a 7-9 team last year who didnt really do anything particularly well. So, lets see what you've got.

BB at presser saying essentally that White was a ST player and McK not. Hope he makes it to the PS I still think he has a lot of upside.

First, I never said all the Pats drafts were good. I totally disagree with you about 2005. They had four starters on the 2007 team that was perfect in the regular season. That is a good draft. You also look to be wrong about the 2009 draft so far. Yes, McKenzie is gone, but Chung, Vollmer, Brace, Butler, and Tate are or could be starters; Edelman could be a starter or a valued contributor, Ingram is a very good long snapper, and Pryor is a good rotation guy. I am not a fan of the 2006 draft or the the 2008. The 2007 draft isn't good without the trades, but not as bad as people make it since most of the picks were in the sixth and seventh round.

Second, like most of your arguments, you take a legitimate point and blow everything out of proportion to make things worse than they look. That is why most people don't take you seriously. You go out of your way to prove your point that you make ridiculous arguments (Cassell was a one year wonder, Kazcur would have been cut if he was healthy, Mankins was a lucky pick and only played because he was a first round pick).

Third, in reference to Cassel, if all he ever became was a #2 QB on this team, it was a good pick. Cassel was a late seventh round pick. Most seventh round picks don't even make it to year two on a roster. The fact that Cassel stepped in for Brady (isn't that what #2 QBs do in stepping in when the starter is injured), played well enough to win 11 games, and netted the Pats a 2nd rounder just makes him a spectacular pick for where he was drafted.

Fourth, I was always a Jackson defender. So you are confusing me with someone else. It was Jackson's maturity and dedication that ultimately made him a bust. The fact that the Bills just cut him (it is like his fourth team in two years) proves that he is a bust.

Fifth, as for Kazcur, I am not the biggest fan of his, but he has started most of the last three years and was scheduled to start this year.

Shouldn't we know by now if he was claimed or not? I believe it's been 24 hours or so. I want the Pats to at least sign him to the Practice Squad now.

Shouldn't we know by now if he was claimed or not? I believe it's been 24 hours or so. I want the Pats to at least sign him to the Practice Squad now.

It has to be close to time; I hope he ends up on the PS. You never know-Patriots information does tend to trickle out very slowly.

The two new practice squad players were on the field today, and the media was wondering who number 84 was!

OK, I'll play along. Where are the Dolphins stronger than the Patriots?
Remember the Dolphins were a 7-9 team last year who didnt really do anything particularly well. So, lets see what you've got.

I still think the Dolphins will be better than the Jets! Henne is now starting his first season, and has a new weapon to pass to.

Trying to sift though this thread to find out if McKenzie cleared waivers and is now on the PS.

I would think that a guy who had a cup of coffee on the 53 would be PS material.

Does anyone know?

Starting to think McKenzie is done in NE.

I'm pretty disappointed he couldn't make the team. I was rooting for the guy. Not sure what the problem was. Anybody have any ideas? Couldn't grasp the system? Still suffering residual effects from the ACL injury? Not fast or strong enough?

Spikes was sitting in his chair.

To all posters saying draft picks are bad investments, this is not an IRA account, it's a team. When one of your Managers loses the job to another, you don't make him the janitor, you hire a janitor.

It's a team. Players that expect to start at a position are not always, even usually, the best player for a back up or special teams role. Sometimes you cut them loose. Believe it or not, if they end up playing on another team, sometimes you are even happy for them. It does not make you a failure, you like the player you hired for the job.

I still think the Dolphins will be better than the Jets! Henne is now starting his first season, and has a new weapon to pass to.
Better than the Jets does not mean good. The Jets may have the worst offense in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST