PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats release McKenzie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather see him on the 53 man roster....but PS is next best thing unless someone poaches him.

I don't care how long you've been a season ticket holder. That doesn't mean a damn thing in terms of your knowledge of the game or your knowledge of Belichick both with the Browns and with the Pats.

BB wasn't the GM in Cleveland. He had a say, but not the final say in who was drafted. And, if you actually looked at his record there, he consistently improved that team until the final year when, after starting the season 3-1, it was announced that the Browns were moving to Baltimore. BB was made the sacrificial lamb by the owner, Art Modell.

Brock Williams, Guss Scott, and Tyrone McKenzie suffered major injuries. Are you honestly saying that Belichick should be clairvoyant and know that they were going to suffer those injuries??

David Thomas can hardly be considered a bust. He was a productive special teams player and someone who also missed a year because of an injury.

It sounds to me that you are simply an irrational person who's expectations have little or no foundation in reality.
Defend the current state of this team all you want, and I certainly hope that come the last week of the season the Pats have a bye and a 12-4 record. I'm just saying, in addition to other things, that when you compare the quality on this current roster to the rosters in 01-04 and 07, there's a dearth of talent in comparison, especially on defense. Does this defense REALLY pass the eye test? People who think they do are fooling themselves. The times of players taking less $ to come to the Pats are gone, so Krafty's going to have to let the cobwebs out of his wallet if he wants to sign any impact free agents....

This is like going to a fight..

and having a hockey game break out.

Who said Dabruinz was banned? :eek:

Defend the current state of this team all you want, and I certainly hope that come the last week of the season the Pats have a bye and a 12-4 record. I'm just saying, in addition to other things, that when you compare the quality on this current roster to the rosters in 01-04 and 07, there's a dearth of talent in comparison, especially on defense. Does this defense REALLY pass the eye test? People who think they do are fooling themselves. The times of players taking less $ to come to the Pats are gone, so Krafty's going to have to let the cobwebs out of his wallet if he wants to sign any impact free agents....

Yeah because he never opened up and signed impact F/A before......do the names Colvin and Adalius Thomas ring a bell? How did those work out?

Harrison, Vrabel et al were all unknowns prior to coming here (well not complete unknowns but not super stars either), that is where the value has been with prior teams and that is where it will be in the future, just have to find that diamond in the rough in let BB and staff polish it.

Last edited:
The times of players taking less $ to come to the Pats are gone, so Krafty's going to have to let the cobwebs out of his wallet if he wants to sign any impact free agents....
All I can say is that nitwits critical of the ownership like you are either not playing with a full deck, have a negative IQ or are simply trolls. Take your pick...

Last edited:
Yeah because he never opened up and signed impact F/A before......do the names Colvin and Adalius Thomas ring a bell? How did those work out?

Harrison, Vrabel et al were all unknowns prior to coming here (well not complete unknowns but not super stars either), that is where the value has been with prior teams and that is where it will be in the future, just have to find that diamond in the rough in let BB and staff polish it.

Harrison was definitely not n unknown. Vrabel yes. But Harrison was a top player who San Diego thought was finished after a groin injury.

Glad we kept McKenzie. I believe he will play for us eventually.

And congrats Reiss for getting it right after all! :D

pass the eye test? People who think they do are fooling themselves. The times of players taking less $ to come to the Pats are gone, so Krafty's going to have to let the cobwebs out of his wallet if he wants to sign any impact free agents....

You must have missed the assloads of money hes paying Brady, Moss, Wilfork, Warren, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back