PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats re-sign Spach, waive Pociask, sign Hodges to practice squad, waive DeVree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Reiss: Another Roster move coming

That would seriously suck.

Slight relief: Pokey-ass was cut to fit Spach. Watson remains active (though not practicing today) - no IR no IR no IR... hehe

Last edited:

My feelings exactly. I like Thomas & agree he could probably fill in well, but it'd suck to see Watson out for a while. Watson just needs one healthy season and he'd probably emerge among the NFL's elite TEs.

And if pigs had wings...

You are what you are

Re: Reiss: Roster moves - Spach back, extra punter?

They have released Posiak. Hodges was signed to the practice squad and Spach was added to the 53. Now Gostowski is missing from practice.

And so they sign . . . a PS punter. Somehow, I'm thinking this might be a dentist's appointment or a stomach bug or something.

But let's not forget we do have a backup kicker on the roster. . . . one whose career long is longer than Gostkowski's. :)

Last edited:

But let's not forget we do have a backup kicker on the roster. . . . one whose career long is longer than Gostkowski's. :)

And that would be...?

I'd be a bit more worried if Welker was practicing FGs tooday...I had a bad feeeling about Watson....HOPE he is OK in the long run.. I really thought something was wrong with Hansen..apparently something is amiss...

Last edited:

My feelings exactly. I like Thomas & agree he could probably fill in well, but it'd suck to see Watson out for a while. Watson just needs one healthy season and he'd probably emerge among the NFL's elite TEs.

IMHO, never gonna happen. I've been looking for that since Georgia. Nonetheless, I hope he's OK for sure. He's needed.

And so they sign . . . a PS punter. Somehow, I'm thinking this might be a dentist's appointment or a stomach bug or something.

If your players can't cover punt returns, you sign a punter who

can't kick the ball very far. In his pro career , Hodges averages

less than 40 yards a kick.

If your players can't cover punt returns, you sign a punter who can't kick the ball very far.

Wasn't the major knock on Hanson last season that his punts were short? :confused:

Slight relief: Pokey-ass was cut
What's this all about? What do you know about Posiak to make fun of the guy?

What's this all about? What do you know about Posiak to make fun of the guy?

Nothing, I just forgot how to spell his name after looking it up and went for phonetics. :D

Wasn't the major knock on Hanson last season that his punts were short? :confused:

Yes, from the view of the fans like us. This preseason Hanson

has averaged 45.2 yards per punt but the coverage people have

not been able to cover the punts adequately. Maybe BB wants

him to aim more towards the sidelines or punt out of bounds.

...."and tight end Jason Pociask has been released" - Reiss.

So Belichecks' Jedi mind tricks are afoot. He has 'debriefed' Pociask about the Jests (limited) offensive playbook (with Favre learning on the fly) and now has cut him before he can learn the Pats playbook and become a double-spy.

Even if Bill has not sucked his mind clean of Jests secrets - how does Mangina not know for sure one way or the other? Therefore requiring Jests to change signals and further slowing down Farves picking up the offense.

Brilliant move Bill! :p

Oops. going to post this now in the Pociask thread which is still very active.

Last edited:

If your players can't cover punt returns, you sign a punter who

can't kick the ball very far.

But the FO already did that, when it signed Hanson last year.

And why didn't the FO sign Dragosavich instead of this JAG?

...."and tight end Jason Pociask has been released" - Reiss.

So Belichecks' Jedi mind tricks are afoot. He has 'debriefed' Pociask about the Jests (limited) offensive playbook (with Favre learning on the fly) and now has cut him before he can learn the Pats playbook and become a double-spy.

Even if Bill has not sucked his mind clean of Jests secrets - how does Mangina not know for sure one way or the other? Therefore requiring Jests to change signals and further slowing down Farves picking up the offense.

Brilliant move Bill! :p

Oops. going to post this now in the Pociask thread which is still very active.

Wow, very good analysis. And may i add, Bill picked uo Pociask to provoke the Jets into signing Lynch, but BB knows that Lynch is no longer the pro bowler he once was. But, Mangini didnt bite.:D

I seemed to remember this kid Hodges having a great game for Ball St. a while back vs BC and I looked it up and it was even more impressive than I remebered. 10 punts for 44.0 avg, 65 yd punt and 7 of 10 punts downed inside 20. http://www.bsudailynews.com/home/in...story_id=3257e7d1-a21c-4c15-9562-fd908cc5449a

Not a big deal but pretty impressive performance by the kid.

Just my opinion, but I think Spach was re-signed because Watson won't be able to play on Sunday. The Pats didn't want to go in to a game with only one TE that knew the system so they cut Pociask and brought back Spach. The Pats still might prefer Pociask long term, but they know he's unlikely to be claimed by another team (he was passed over by 30 NFL teams when he was on waivers a few days ago). Pociask could wind up on the practice squad, or he could be re-signed to the active roster when Watson in healthy. It's also very possible that the Patriots simply weren't impressed with Pociask in person or that Bill used him to get info on the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes