PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tryouts Mike Dragosavich and Tyson DeVree sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was also captain of his baseball team...so throwing a pass would NOT be out of the question either..

Re: Pats sign a punter and tightend

finally, we have 1 more TE in our team.
Yep but only three safeties, Rodney, Merriweather and Tank unless this kid Slater is a safety and the kid from Troy. We still need a SS badly.
DW Toys

Yep but only three safeties, Rodney, Merriweather and Tank unless this kid Slater is a safety and the kid from Troy. We still need a SS badly.
DW Toys

Slater will get a trial at safety as well as ST gunner.
We don't need a safety badly as Sanders is an experienced good timeshare for Harrison at SS.

James Sanders says hello.

Don't bother. DWToys is completely irrational when it comes to James Sanders.

He was also captain of his baseball team...so throwing a pass would NOT be out of the question either..

He did throw a pass on a fake punt this year. It looked like a dying pheasant coming down out of the air, but it did find it's target.
The media asked him to the post game press conference. He showed up with his arm in a sling, and talked about the "bullet he threw that hit the receiver in the numbers."

I like both these guys.

Pats usually end up with an undrafted player on the final roster. Basically the law of averages says if each Day Two player has a 50% chance and each undrafted player has only a 10% chance, but you take a dozen of them, someone is going to make it from the udfa roster.

These two guys, I think, are near the top of the list of guys that could make it, based on the current roster.

The Pats are relatively weak at TE and P. So Drago has a decent chance. They also sometimes keep a kicker on the practice squad - they had the punter that beat up his dad a couple seasons ago.

DeVree sounds like a decent third TE - could compete with Spach, and certainly Pollard. And with Watson and Thomas, there could always be an injury spot.

Guyton and Redd also have a shot. Guyton brings a record as a very good special teams player, and could unseat Alexander based on his ST skills and defensive upside.

We just got a text from Drago. Signed a one year contract.

See, this is what makes absolutely NO sense to me. We signed the guy to a ONE year contract. Why only one year? Is that normal for UDFAs?

It just seems like we would have got him locked up for more than 1 year since we need a better punter. If the guy does great this year, we have to cough up the money or he is gone. I don't see how this deal helps the patriots, unless it was the only way he would sign with us.

But think about it if you are him.... why would you only agree to sign with us if it was for one year? The NE Patriots are the best team in the NFL and the one area that is definitely weak is punter... the perfect opportunity for him... it couldn't get any better if the stars aligned.

Which leaves me sitting here wonder why we only signed the guy for a 1 year contract.

See, this is what makes absolutely NO sense to me. We signed the guy to a ONE year contract. Why only one year? Is that normal for UDFAs?

Yes, it's normal. 1 year = 3 years thanks to the ERFA system, and it would be very unusual to sign a UDFA for more than 3 years.

Drago is 6'5" 220 lbs. He was a WR in HS.

Couldn't this guy really fill TWO spots? P and 4th/Goal Line TE?

Meanwhile, regarding the vid that Joesixpat posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vZiaMrdRCs

This guy is athletic! Not only was a pass catcher, but did you notice the bottom of the scouting report at the beginning of the vid reads: "Also tackles well on his kicks and completed a 47 yard pass".

I won't even get into his dancing ability - - that other youtube vid was Hi-Larious!

Obviously his Achilles Heel (no pun intended) is his long stride. I'm sure it will be Seely's Priority #1 to address this.

Last edited:
Drago is 6'5" 220 lbs. He was a WR in HS.

Couldn't this guy really fill TWO spots? P and 4th/Goal Line TE?

I'll go you one better . . . imagine this: Pats 42, JEST 3, Pats 1st and goal from the 2, and the skill players are:

"TE" O'Callaghan
"TE" Dragosavich
"TE" Vrabel
"FB" Seau
"RB" Welker

I could just imagine the announcers trying to figure that out. :D

Dragosavich and Gostkowski - that would have to be a record for number of letters combined in a P/PK combo.

That would be interesting. I remember growing up there were kickers and punters with names like Yepromian, Mojsiejenko,Von Schamann, Andrusyshyn, Stoyanovich, Staurovsky, Arapostathis, and a whole lot of Zendejas and Grammaticas.

At times, the Patriots had a P/K combos of Camarillo/Staurovsky and Cappelletti/Scarpitto (Go Paizans!), so they get the Patriots mark....but not by much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents