Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Punter and tight end sign
Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff
May 3, 2008 08:00 PM

Two players in for tryouts at the Patriots' rookie minicamp -- punter Mike Dragosavich and tight end Tyson DeVree -- have been signed to undisclosed contracts.

Dragosavich, who punted at North Dakota State, joins Chris Hanson and Scott Player on the roster at punter.

DeVree, who played at Colorado, joins Benjamin Watson, David Thomas, Stephen Spach, Marcus Pollard and Jonathan Stupar at tight end.

Last edited:
Pats sign a punter and tightend

I saw this coming. The guys at PFW seemed impressed with one of the tightends, and from everything that I've read, EVERYONE (MEDIA) was impressed with "Drago".

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Dragosavich anygood?

Re: Pats sign a punter and tightend

I saw this coming. The guys at PFW seemed impressed with one of the tightends, and from everything that I've read, EVERYONE (MEDIA) was impressed with "Drago".

Not surprised by either of these...Drago will be a solid punter in time and DeVree looks like he has a shot at a TE spot...as does Stupor. Hmmmm I am still wondering about the other RBs/WRs...who they are..what is their chance of signing??

Last edited by a moderator:

God I hope we keep Drago. We always seem to have the worst punter in the league except the year or two Miller was good. I know he'll have a shank here and there and miss on an attempted drop inside the 10 but over the course of the year I don't see how he'd be worse than Hanson.

Is Dragosavich anygood?

He has a huge frame (6'5") which means that his motion is not so campact & he will need a little more time,

but when he has time I guess the leg strength is awesome.

I'm sure he has to learn all the finesse stuff like downing it inside the 20.

God I hope we keep Drago. We always seem to have the worst punter in the league except the year or two Miller was good. I know he'll have a shank here and there and miss on an attempted drop inside the 10 but over the course of the year I don't see how he'd be worse than Hanson.

Drago has a really long stride which helps him get those booming punts, but causes a few blocks. He'll need to shorten up his stride if he expects to beat out the vets.

I don't see how DeVree has any future in the NFL ... supposedly he has had multiple concussions or concussion symptoms? Perhaps his medical report is faulty ... so does anyone have information regarding his concussions?

Drago has a really long stride which helps him get those booming punts, but causes a few blocks. He'll need to shorten up his stride if he expects to beat out the vets.
Long stride and three steps. Hopefully he can cut down to two steps and shorten the stride a little - I can't take any more of these punters we keep putting out there.

I don't see how DeVree has any future in the NFL ... supposedly he has had multiple concussions or concussion symptoms? Perhaps his medical report is faulty ... so does anyone have information regarding his concussions?
He had a concussion in 07..9./22 against Miami(OH) and a reoccurence the next week against Oklahoma..and because of that was out the next week against Baylor..but after that nothing...and before that nothing as far as concussions..He had operations on both shoulders in 05..I'd be MORE worried about those...also had an air bubble in his lung develop after a rib contussion..and a hip flexor that kept him out a game...

Last edited:
We just got a text from Drago. Signed a one year contract.

I thought with our prolific offense we did not need a punter???

We just got a text from Drago. Signed a one year contract.
I hope he feels comfortable here...I really think he'll be a fan favorite!! Although it may take some time before he can dive into the stands...

Dragosavich and Gostkowski - that would have to be a record for number of letters combined in a P/PK combo.

I started a thread a few weeks ago about Gost's arm. Now we have Drago who used to play WR in HS. Are we seeing a trend here?

Last edited:
I started a thread a few weeks ago about Gost's arm. Now we have Drago who used to play WR in HS. Are we seeing a trend here?

This will really open up a lot of options in our multiple-kicker formations.

finally, we have 1 more TE in our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes