PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats offering #23 & #47 to Jax @ #8 According to Peter King

I don't think there is much chance of the pats going up to 8 and then moving back to 13 with a deal from Washington.

Jacksonville isn't going to pull the trigger on a deal with the Pats until Sanchez goes off the board or when they are on the clock at 8 with him on the board and they determine no one is going to pay them more for Sanchez than the Pats are offering. If Synder is going to make a Snyder like move to get to 8 Jacksonville will prefer that to 23 and 47.

I think you're absolutely right. I was just kicking scenarios around.

I think Jacksonville wants to trade out of #8 but is hoping that Sanchez will fall and they will be able to get more than the Pats are offering. I think that if Sanchez goes early the Pats should call back and repeat their offer as a one time deal, take it or leave it.

Snyder reportedly stated today that he will not trade his 2010 1st to move up for Sanchez. For whatever that's worth - he has a track record of buckling under when something he covets is available.

The Associated Press: Snyder: Redskins won't trade 2010 1st-round pick

I think you're absolutely right. I was just kicking scenarios around.

I think Jacksonville wants to trade out of #8 but is hoping that Sanchez will fall and they will be able to get more than the Pats are offering. I think that if Sanchez goes early the Pats should call back and repeat their offer as a one time deal, take it or leave it.

Snyder reportedly stated today that he will not trade his 2010 1st to move up for Sanchez. For whatever that's worth - he has a track record of buckling under when something he covets is available.

The Associated Press: Snyder: Redskins won't trade 2010 1st-round pick

This is probably the smartest thing he ever done since buying the team.

I didn't hear it personally, but reportedly Chris Mortenson said on Sports Center that the Patriots are targeting Michael Crabtree if they move up to #8. That would be interesting. Talent-wise Crabtree, Andre Smith and Aaron Curry are probably the 3 best players in the draft. To get one of them at 8 would be amazing for the Pats. Running a 4 WR set with Moss, Crabtree, Welker and Galloway (with Faulk at RB) and a health TB would be nearly unstoppable on 3rd down. I prefer defense (Curry or Raji) or a LT, but Crabtree would have to get some serious consideration.

Crabtree/Moss/Galloway/Welker

just give up....honestly

Crabtree/Moss/Galloway/Welker

just give up....honestly

BB can bring Crabtree along slowly and make sure his potential is maximized. I hope Crabtree is smarter than Jackson was.

Does anyone know how Snyder made his money? He seems like a terrible executive.

BB can bring Crabtree along slowly and make sure his potential is maximized. I hope Crabtree is smarter than Jackson was.

Mike Leach, the HC of Texas Tech, would have to be thrilled to have both Crabtree and Welker catching passes from TFB. :D

Mike Leach, the HC of Texas Tech, would have to be thrilled to have both Crabtree and Welker catching passes from TFB. :D

No doubt. Actually I'm just very amused that we are sitting here debating drafting a superstar we don't even really need. But it is fun and great to be a Patriot fan non the less. Life is good.

No doubt. Actually I'm just very amused that we are sitting here debating drafting a superstar we don't even really need. But it is fun and great to be a Patriot fan non the less. Life is good.

Then again, Moss's contract will be expiring soon so that would be good planning ahead.

This whole thread has me so giddy it's almost obscene.

Anyone else have a feeling of destiny this year? I almost don't care who we draft; it's gonna be an amazing season.

But isn't the essence of drafting BPA not being suckered by need? And if BB thinks Crabtree is "best value available" then why not? Moss is aging and we will need a long term #1 WR at some point, and we may not get another opportunity to find a Crabtree-like talent. And BB may feel that what Crabtree could bring to the offense would help the team more than what any OL or defensive player could bring. I wouldn't argue with him if he felt that way.

This whole thread has me so giddy it's almost obscene.

Anyone else have a feeling of destiny this year? I almost don't care who we draft; it's gonna be an amazing season.

I have a feeling that New England players have some unfinished business that needs to be addressed. I expect with Brady back under center,this team will be focused and ready to get nasty.

Add with a Crabtree and as long as Brady is healthy, we can score on anybody.

Last edited:
But isn't the essence of drafting BPA not being suckered by need? And if BB thinks Crabtree is "best value available" then why not?
I think that line of thinking applies to picking in your own spot, but when you trade up, shouldn't it be for the BPA who also plays a position of need?

Not that I'd hate getting Crabtree at #8.

Last edited:
But isn't the essence of drafting BPA not being suckered by need? And if BB thinks Crabtree is "best value available" then why not? Moss is aging and we will need a long term #1 WR at some point, and we may not get another opportunity to find a Crabtree-like talent. And BB may feel that what Crabtree could bring to the offense would help the team more than what any OL or defensive player could bring. I wouldn't argue with him if he felt that way.

I agree. The major kicker would be Braylon Edwards and the Browns and the Pats moving up.

I think that line of thinking applies to picking in your own spot, but when you trade up, shouldn't it be for the BPA who also plays a position of need?

Not that I'd hate getting Crabtree at #8.

BB repeatedly has said that his only metric as to whether a draft has been "good" is whether he feels he has bettered the team. If he felt that Crabtree offered the greatest opportunity to better the team, then the hell with need.

I wont be able to see the draft tomorrow but if I see that we got Crabtree then holy ****.

We have 11 picks, might as well make a run at a top talent player.

I've lost focus these last few hours. I need to concentrate on the whole draft and not just the first round. To me adult Christmas is tomorrow. Very giddy today which is unusual. I'm usually level headed when it comes to being an armchair gm.

Can you believe we've had a 220 post thread without once discussing C*nn*r B*rw*n? Unless that's who BB is trying to trade up to 8 for. :D Sorry, couldn't resist.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back