Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pats loss to Bills: pass rush discussion

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Sean Pa Patriot, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

no rush no rings...

simple as that no rush no ring.. plus someone else has to step up on offense... beside wes welker and gronk... but the bottom line is the pats have not improved the defense, there is not one good player on the defense right now.. that includes mayo and wilfork... i keep saying that the defense is still behind the curve because of the lockout, but with mccourty taking steps back, and mayo not making any plays its back to where we are.. the season is not over , but we are going to be 99-01 rams and colts teams that we said we despise , i want the 2003/04 pats defesne at least we could sack and pressure the qb.... the poor drafts from 06-09 are coming to bite us big time..
  2. crowell33

crowell33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: no rush no rings...

we could be the 86 Bears but if Brady throws 4 picks a game it won't work
  3. PatriotFan77

PatriotFan77 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Agreed. The pass rush must become viable for the Pats to make a serious run.
  4. LasVegasPatsFan

LasVegasPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sorry, offense isn't the problem. We lost having a 21 point lead. Are you suggesting that we have to score over 40 points a game to mask our pathetic defense? That is hard to ask any offense to accomplish.
  5. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I don't expect Brady to throw 4 picks in a game very often. This defense on the other hand, is another story.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  6. LiveShot

LiveShot Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -16

No pass rush, no playoffs---amen.
  7. PushnPencils

PushnPencils Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1

None of you people on here have read any coaching books.

Your negative evaluations mean nothing.
  8. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

when I first read this thread I thought you meant the rush on offense or maybe you mean both(pass rush and rushing attack on offense). we simply can't throw continuously or 75% of the time. I'm predicting Riddley will be getting more of the snaps as we progress and will be a 1000 yard rusher this year
  9. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +214 / 3 / -1

#95 Jersey

This game is on Brady..not the D...pats had plenty of chances to keep scoring..but when they looked good...boom..pick..can't keep doing that to the D
  10. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Agreed, like I said in the other thread Brady cannot do it all himself.

This high flying spread offense is great for big stats and regular season wins but come playoff time if we're not willing to run the ball we aren't winning anything. Way too predictable. If they're not going to respect the run game, MAKE THEM!

This has nothing to do with the loss today either. Just something I've always felt towards the post Dillon offense. 3 straight playoff games our offense has been garbage.
  11. 12Brady

12Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How about putting the blame where it belongs today and that is with Tom 4 picks! The D didnt help the cause at all! This Defense is plain right just horrible! A high school team could score on these guys! I really thought the pass rush problem was fixed or atleast inproved over last year but it isnt! This team is nothing more then playoff pretenders until something is done and i am affraid that its not fixable this year.
  12. BlueHen

BlueHen Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

100% agreed
  13. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

the pats have become the red sox. score 10 runs and they win. score only 3 and they lose.

can't rely on brady and scoring 30 points every game. we should be able to score 17 points and win

that being said i realize brady set them up in some real primetime field position.
  14. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

its not all rush, we need coverage as well.

Our secondary has taken a step back and thats not good. Honestly it seems that the two corners we were really high on are making the most mistakes.

McCourty got beat for huge plays and Bodden was terrible. Arrington had a better game this week. He got 2 picks.
  15. carolinatony

carolinatony Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We all have know this for 3/4 years but BB has not addressed it for whatever reason.
    Oh this guy is too short, this guy too tall...ect
    Until we get 2 guys who can rush the passer we won't win the SB.

Its a shame cause we could have had a few more rings the last 5 yrs!
  16. TheComeback

TheComeback Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I'm really getting sick of the "great defense" argument to success in the playoffs.

The only thing you "need" to win in the playoffs in this NFL is a great offense. I can tell you a team that didn't have a great defense and won the Super Bowl -- the New Orleans Saints, the Colts -- but I bet you can't show me a single team in the last few Super Bowls who has won without a great offense.

We have that. The next thing you need are good matchups for your offense. Lately, we've been facing some of the very best defenses in the NFL in the postseason.

The defense needs to get better, there's no doubt about that. But acting like this team is automatically doomed to failure in the postseason because we don't have a top five defense is actually pretty ignorant.
  17. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0

Rather than simultaneous discussions on the same topic in multiple threads, why don't we keep the talk about the (lack of) pass rush by the Pats defense in one thread.
  18. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 13 / -8

The pass rush can't get there fast enough for the coverage to hold and the coverage can't hold long enough for the pass rush to get there.
    IMO, we need to trash the man coverage except when we blitz.
  19. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -6

#51 Jersey

Its sad every year we have to talk about how bad our pass rush is. There is no pass rush. No pressure at all. Its either use a week to practice pass rush OR trade for someone who will bring in a pass rush!!
  20. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I was in a sports bar so it was hard to really see all facets. That said, it didn't look that bad to me. There was decent pressure. We do need AH back though. On several big catches, the DB's got not jams in the 5 yard zone. Something we need to work on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.