PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats leaving GM position unfilled?

The Pats haven’t had a GM since before Bill and for most of the Krafts’ ownership as I understand it. Many teams don’t have a GM but instead have someone in an executive role who is GM equivalent (“VP of Player Personnel”, etc). I would expect the Pats to continue that trend.

Having someone with final say is crucial, obviously.

Wolf should get the gig and the supporting staff can help him out. We need someone who’ll hit more often than miss and get some talent on the roster via FA, trades, the draft.

Wolf should get the gig and the supporting staff can help him out. We need someone who’ll hit more often than miss and get some talent on the roster via FA, trades, the draft.
They are running things differently now than previously. I think they will assign a title and it will be The Wolf…or Highsmith.

Accountability is important. Players and agents want to know who is running the show.

The Pats haven’t had a GM since before Bill and for most of the Krafts’ ownership as I understand it. Many teams don’t have a GM but instead have someone in an executive role who is GM equivalent (“VP of Player Personnel”, etc). I would expect the Pats to continue that trend.
since 1991, before Robert Kraft...

Why would we want to hire a GM when we’ve got the highest draft pick assignment since we took Drew Bledsoe? Don’t you feel as comfortable as I do just thinking of Draft night when Robert walks into the room and asks, “So what are we doing Jonathan”?

Why would we want to hire a GM when we’ve got the highest draft pick assignment since we took Drew Bledsoe? Don’t you feel as comfortable as I do just thinking of Draft night when Robert walks into the room and asks, “So what are we doing Jonathan”?
Wolf is the de facto GM. Jon is not picking players. Bob is not picking players.

Jeez, some people here...

Reactions: Ian
Who needs someone with control. You guys aren't paying attention. Stop Collaborate and listen.

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
Wolf is the de facto GM. Jon is not picking players. Bob is not picking players.

Jeez, some people here...
Topic heading stated Pats leaving GM position unfilled perhaps it should have said - “Pats having “de facto” GM make the most important draft choice in years”. Then if it works out he should have the job, if it doesn’t, better luck with next year’s #3 pick.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back