PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Pats just doing what Colts did"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boomer has his bloomers in a bunch

With that being said, I don't ever want to hear from your dumbass about the Patriots "running up the score," regardless of how much time is left in a game. Any given Sunday does apply, and any given Sunday a team can score two touchdowns in twenty seconds.

And its hilarious that snow/bad weather is your argument for why Brady will not set the record, yet I would bet that the obvious advantage Manning has had in playing half of his games in a dome is dismissed by you when discussing who is the better QB.

After all, Manning did come up to blustery Foxborough and lay a stinker (not once, but two times) in the weather that Brady has to deal with every year.
Please find me a team that has scored TWO TD's in 20 seconds, starting from inside their own five. I BEG YOU ALL, please, find me a time when that has happened. PLEASE. I am really interested to see out of the thousands of professional and hell, even college games, where this has happened.

Go ahead, take all day if you need to.

Please find me a team that has scored TWO TD's in 20 seconds, starting from inside their own five. I BEG YOU ALL, please, find me a time when that has happened. PLEASE. I am really interested to see out of the thousands of professional and hell, even college games, where this has happened.

And please find me an example of team that takes a knee on 4th down and hands the ball over to the other team with time still left on the clock. I BEG YOU, please, find me a time when that has happened. PLEASE. I am really interested to see out of the thousands of professional and hell, even college games, where this has happened.

And please find me an example of team that takes a knee on 4th down and hands the ball over to the other team with time still left on the clock. I BEG YOU, please, find me a time when that has happened. PLEASE. I am really interested to see out of the thousands of professional and hell, even college games, where this has happened.

I'll do my best brotha, but in the meantime, have a look at this:

http://www.footballcommentary.com/twomindrillprobs.htm

The Cowboys probability of winning, under the circumstances provided, were LESS THAN .0095.

They trailed by 3>, they had ZERO time outs (must look at first column), and they would have had first and ten inside the 10.

They do not have a chart for trailing by TWO TD's, but I imagine the number is infinitesimally small.

The Cowboys probability of winning, under the circumstances provided, were LESS THAN .0095.

They trailed by 3>, they had ZERO time outs (must look at first column), and they would have had first and ten inside the 10.

They do not have a chart for trailing by TWO TD's, but I imagine the number is infinitesimally small.

Regardless of what a teams chances are at coming back, no NFL team is going to take a knee on 4th down, stop the clock and just hand it over to their opponent.

The Cowboys clearly demonstrated that they were not conceding the game by taking their last time outs on that drive. Had they not, then the Pat's could have run out the clock by taking a knee. Running the ball straight up the middle with your fourth string RB is a close to handing the ball over as anyone is ever going to get from BB. The fact that Dallas could not even stop that play is not the Patriot's fault.

Stated this before, but here are some facts:

*In 2004, PM had 7 4th Quarter TD's. Brady has 5 to date.
*Of those 7 TD's, 6 came with either the Colts TIED or LOSING the game
*In the ONE game where PM threw a 4th QTR TD, with 12:56 to play, Colts were up 20. In the first half, Tennessee was up 24-17 at one point.
*PM threw THREE TD passes his last three games in '04.
*PM played 3 downs in the last game of the season, and did not throw a TD on any one of those 3 downs he played.

:p

Don't confuse them with facts, facts confuse them.......

if they could....they would, but thats why they got the rules changed to favor offenses. And that why BB got randy, donte and wes. Once again the receive our middle finger.

Man you just gave me a terrific thought. We always heard "Win one for the thumb!"

Well, with all that has gone on this season with spygate and all the other whining and hypocrisy from the rest of the NFL, maybe our battle cry should be.....

"Win one for the middle finger!" :rocker:

I don't care if no one else has done it. Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it couldn't. There is a first time for everything.

Beyond all that, you are making it out as if Brady threw his sixth touchdown pass for the score. They ran up the middle with their backup fullback. Let me repeat that. The backup fullback. They did the same thing against the Bills in week three, but the Bills were able to stop them. It wasn't attempting to run up the score then, so why is it now?

Last edited:

If you're argument is that we needlessly scored to secure a victory then you make a minor insignificant point. We probably could not lose even if we turned the ball over by taking a knee. You win a pointless argument. The bigger point is that Phillips as much said "we're still trying to win" when he called a time out. So we said, ok go for it but were going to play too. As a matter of fact we'll give our 3rd string back some valuable real game practice with a team that is playing for real to try and stop us to get the ball back. We should thank Wade for giving us the opportunity. If Wade was just giving his defense some goal line practice, then oh well, I guess it's back to the drawing board. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Originally Posted by He Ban Me
Stated this before, but here are some facts:

*In 2004, PM had 7 4th Quarter TD's. Brady has 5 to date.
*Of those 7 TD's, 6 came with either the Colts TIED or LOSING the game
*In the ONE game where PM threw a 4th QTR TD, with 12:56 to play, Colts were up 20. In the first half, Tennessee was up 24-17 at one point.
*PM threw THREE TD passes his last three games in '04.
*PM played 3 downs in the last game of the season, and did not throw a TD on any one of those 3 downs he played.

Don't confuse them with facts, facts confuse them.......

Oh, I get it now. Manning set the standards by which "running up the score" is determined. As long as you don't "exceed" any of these facts, then you're safe and playing within the "sportsmanship rules" as defined by the Colts.

However, go over any of those facts and you've now crossed into "classless stat padding" territory.

When did that memo go out?

Last edited:

The point is -- which you obviously don't want to see -- is that *your* team didn't lose out on its fourth Superbowl in six years, due to a 2nd half snafu of almost biblical proportions. No, instead, you saw *your* team finally win the big one after falling short for lo these past 8 seasons with the Peyton show.

This time there will be no mistakes.

///

Brady is only halfway to the record, and I know some of you smug Pat fans live in your own personal wonderland, but this is still the NFL. Any given Sunday STILL applies to every single team even your anointed princes Anything can and will happen including snow/ bad weather. Being on pace for 62 , 7 games in the season is one thing, finishing with 62 TD's is another.
True... but being on a pace for 62 at this point of the season is a decent indicator that you could finish with 50.

Dude, it's just eating you alive, isn't it..? Now that Brady finally has NFL caliber WR's, he is devastating what little doubt there ever was that he is light years ahead of Peyton Manning.

Gee, I'm sorry, are we talking about Pop Warner football or are we talking about grown men and professionals..?

STFU and quit whining. You just hate that your team isn't the only one winning by 30 points anymore.

True... but being on a pace for 62 at this point of the season is a decent indicator that you could finish with 50.

Dude, it's just eating you alive, isn't it..? Now that Brady finally has NFL caliber WR's, he is devastating what little doubt there ever was that he is light years ahead of Peyton Manning.

Yeah, it's eating me alive :rolleyes: it must be eating you alive for every one of the MAJORITY of the NFL records Peyton currently owns and will own before he retires

Last edited:
Yeah, it's eating me alive :rolleyes: it must be eating you alive for every one of the MAJORITY of the NFL records Peyton currently owns and will own before he retires

that is the problem with your organization and QB...you care about individual records. the only records the Pats are concerned with are how many rings they have.

that is the problem with your organization and QB...you care about individual records. the only records the Pats are concerned with are how many rings they have.

You're confusing me a bit here (that's easy to do), are you saying that the Colts players are focusing on their individual stats? If so, where did you get that from?

Wow. Flip Flop much? You're the one on this thread talking about how much the record means, and how much it must be eating us colt fans/peyton up inside, when in reality, you are the one's making the big deal about it. Been there, done that. We know the only thing that matters is victories in January, Brady can have the record for all i care I've seen that having the record doesn't mean squat come January.

What's there to be confused about? The game was over either way so why not just down the ball? Of course no one is obligated to do that (or even care about being called a good sport) but it's what usually happens in such a situation.

If you down the ball on 4th down, your defense has to come back onto the field and defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST