PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Pats just doing what Colts did"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You had to put your D back on the field anyway after the score..... The situation itself is rare enough. And while I certainly cant recall any team going the route the Pats chose I do remember the Saints kneeling the ball 4 times last year up big on Dallas inside the 5 with almost a minute to play on a Sunday night. Dallas, obviously out of respect, chose to kneel the ball and the end game since the game was over anyway.

Ahem... http://scoreboards.aol.com/football/nfl/game/48097/play_by_play.aspx

The Saints were up by 25. The Patriots were up by 14. Despite what you may think, 14 points is not an insurmountable lead, even with 22 seconds left in the game. Why even take the chance of losing a lead late in the game because "you're supposed to be nice"? It's stupid to point at a game where the victor was leading by four scores with one minute to play and act as if it proves your point, because it doesn't.

He Ban Me said:
Stated this before, but here are some facts:

*In 2004, PM had 7 4th Quarter TD's. Brady has 5 to date.
*Of those 7 TD's, 6 came with either the Colts TIED or LOSING the game
*In the ONE game where PM threw a 4th QTR TD, with 12:56 to play, Colts were up 20. In the first half, Tennessee was up 24-17 at one point.
*PM threw THREE TD passes his last three games in '04.
*PM played 3 downs in the last game of the season, and did not throw a TD on any one of those 3 downs he played.

What are you attempting to prove? That his year was better? Because no Pats fan is going to say that. If throwing a TD is your best bet to win the game, throw the TD. As has been said, no lead is safe in this league.

And if your stance is that he was just tacking on at the end of the game, you're mistaken.

The Saints were up by 25. The Patriots were up by 14. Despite what you may think, 14 points is not an insurmountable lead, even with 22 seconds left in the game. Why even take the chance of losing a lead late in the game because "you're supposed to be nice"? It's stupid to point at a game where the victor was leading by four scores with one minute to play and act as if it proves your point, because it doesn't.

What are you attempting to prove? That his year was better? Because no Pats fan is going to say that. If throwing a TD is your best bet to win the game, throw the TD. As has been said, no lead is safe in this league.

And if your stance is that he was just tacking on at the end of the game, you're mistaken.
The Title of the Thread is "Pats doing just what the Colts did", I am telling you that this is NOT true.

The "they can score in bunches" excuse is bunk. When is the last time a BB coached team gave points up in bunches in the waning moments of a dominant victory?

By illustrating that Manning only through 1 4th qtr TD when leading, I further make my point.

Okay, I haven't been posting here hardly at all so maybe I don't have the right to go off on a rant, but I'm going to anyway. I love my team, I love this season but are we seriously going to have to deal with a new scrutiny every week? First, it's the never ending Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater, then it's cheap hits because people fall down, now all of these million dollar athletes and the water boys turned "journalists" have their skirts all mangled because we accomplish the point of the game--put the ball in the damn end zone!!!!!!! Are you serious? This is absurd.
I could have cared less if Peyton scored 85 touchdowns that year. You know why? Because I always knew that when the spotlight was on, he'd choke, low and behold he did. If he didn't, well, good on ya buddy, you finally lived up to the hype and pedigree. All we heard from Colts fans was stats, stats, stats and we chanted back rings rings rings. Now that Troy Brown ran the wrong route and we were 4 frickin yards away from the next Super Bowl, the Colts got thier ring and they can say stats don't matter, Peyton did it better, Peyton did it nicer!!!! Nicer!!!! Seriously? In Football? I'm a girl and even I understand that there is nothing nice going on on that field.
I guess my question is, what is next? Randy runs faster that most CB's, that's not fair? Is anyone else as sick of it as me, or am I crazy?

What's there to be confused about? The game was over either way so why not just down the ball?
You seem to be confused about what ends a game. It ends when all sixty minutes have been played. You kneel down when you can run the clock to zero. This would not have happened after Dallas called a time out (which also signified their desire for the game to continue).

Q. Why do you play the game?

A. You play so as not to embarrass the other team too much, and to give respecting a team more priority than beating them, so that everyone will admire you.

No, that's not it. I know! You play to win the game. The Pats played to win the game. They won.

The fact is that people are dumping on the Pats for things they would not dump on other teams for. It isn't about running up the score, or you would be talking about how certain other teams scored when up by 2 TDs, or even more.

But that doesn't bother you, because it wasn't the Pats. Is the world full of hypocrits?

Okay, I haven't been posting here hardly at all so maybe I don't have the right to go off on a rant, but I'm going to anyway. I love my team, I love this season but are we seriously going to have to deal with a new scrutiny every week? First, it's the never ending Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater, then it's cheap hits because people fall down, now all of these million dollar athletes and the water boys turned "journalists" have their skirts all mangled because we accomplish the point of the game--put the ball in the damn end zone!!!!!!! Are you serious? This is absurd.
I could have cared less if Peyton scored 85 touchdowns that year. You know why? Because I always knew that when the spotlight was on, he'd choke, low and behold he did. If he didn't, well, good on ya buddy, you finally lived up to the hype and pedigree. All we heard from Colts fans was stats, stats, stats and we chanted back rings rings rings. Now that Troy Brown ran the wrong route and we were 4 frickin yards away from the next Super Bowl, the Colts got thier ring and they can say stats don't matter, Peyton did it better, Peyton did it nicer!!!! Nicer!!!! Seriously? In Football? I'm a girl and even I understand that there is nothing nice going on on that field.
I guess my question is, what is next? Randy runs faster that most CB's, that's not fair? Is anyone else as sick of it as me, or am I crazy?
No, you aren't crazy.

People are so insanely jealous of the Patriots that they have lost their minds.

Since they cannot find fault with our performance, and they desparately need to find fault, they complain aobut things that don't matter. It doesn't seem to bother them that they are hypocrits. They are so jealous and so want the Patriots not to be as good as they are, they will say almost anything.

All these detractors are whining not becasue of what the Patriots are doing - other teams do the same thing - but because they cannot raise the level of their own teams, and so must try to lower the Patriots.

The best answer for the Patriots, and I think BB has figured this out, is to do exactly what they are crying about, and shove it in their face. Week after week. Miami was a perfect example. What? You picked us off and scored a TD? You punishment is Brady comes back and scores on you.

It must be tough to hate the Pats these days.

27 TDs, 2 INTs, totally dominating every team they play.

It must be discouraging to see the Pats on their way to a perfect season. Expect the whining to go into hyper-drive after we beat Indy.

I would love love loooove to see a 16-0 season out of the Pats. Just a stinking shame you guys have to play my boys this weekend.

19-0 is the only thing acceptable if they are going to go undefeated

I seriously do not think the Colts could whine anymore, it's not humanly possible. I do daycare for 6 kids under the age of 5 and I have two teenagers, and they do not whine as much.
And my teenagers could teach their fans a thing or two about coming up with excuses..and my kids are terrible at it.

I seriously do not think the Colts could whine anymore, it's not humanly possible. I do daycare for 6 kids under the age of 5 and I have two teenagers, and they do not whine as much.
And my teenagers could teach their fans a thing or two about coming up with excuses..and my kids are terrible at it.

Ma, is that you?

Just kidding, I'm great at making excuses.

oh come on...... they're goning to cry like stuck pigs when we run it up on them both next week and in foxboro in january

oh come on...... they're goning to cry like stuck pigs when we run it up on them both next week and in foxboro in january

And I'm sure Polian and Dungy will the limit the amount of scores you are allowed to win by (unless of course it's them)

And I'm sure Polian and Dungy will the limit the amount of scores you are allowed to win by (unless of course it's them)

if they could....they would, but thats why they got the rules changed to favor offenses. And that why BB got randy, donte and wes. Once again the receive our middle finger.

Stated this before, but here are some facts:

*In 2004, PM had 7 4th Quarter TD's. Brady has 5 to date.
*Of those 7 TD's, 6 came with either the Colts TIED or LOSING the game
*In the ONE game where PM threw a 4th QTR TD, with 12:56 to play, Colts were up 20. In the first half, Tennessee was up 24-17 at one point.
*PM threw THREE TD passes his last three games in '04.
*PM played 3 downs in the last game of the season, and did not throw a TD on any one of those 3 downs he played.

:p

What's the point of those stats? That Manning only scored 49 TDs and 3 points against the Pats, but Brady is on pace to score 62 TD? Why make excuses for Manning already? Brady is only barely half-way to the record.

Last edited:
The Title of the Thread is "Pats doing just what the Colts did", I am telling you that this is NOT true.

The "they can score in bunches" excuse is bunk. When is the last time a BB coached team gave points up in bunches in the waning moments of a dominant victory?

By illustrating that Manning only through 1 4th qtr TD when leading, I further make my point.
In the immortal words of Bugs Bunny ......

http://www.earthstation1.com/WBCartoonFiles/WB_Wavs/ahshedup.wav

LOLOLOLOLOL!

Brady is only halfway to the record, and I know some of you smug Pat fans live in your own personal wonderland, but this is still the NFL. Any given Sunday STILL applies to every single team even your anointed princes Anything can and will happen including snow/ bad weather. Being on pace for 62 , 7 games in the season is one thing, finishing with 62 TD's is another.

And Manning sat out so many 4th quarters that season it wasn't even funny. While he did have a couple 6 TD games it's not in comparison to the circumstances and the events that are surrounding your team now.

Last edited:

Careful what you wish for. Next year there may be a new rule: Randy Moss must wait three seconds after the snap of the ball to run his route.

Seeing what the commish has done so far, it might not be so far out of the question......:bricks:

I would love love loooove to see a 16-0 season out of the Pats. Just a stinking shame you guys have to play my boys this weekend.

I like a man with perspective.

Brady is only halfway to the record, and I know some of you smug Pat fans live in your own personal wonderland, but this is still the NFL. Any given Sunday STILL applies to every single team even your anointed princes Anything can and will happen including snow/ bad weather. Being on pace for 62 , 7 games in the season is one thing, finishing with 62 TD's is another.

And Manning sat out so many 4th quarters that season it wasn't even funny. While he did have a couple 6 TD games it's not in comparison to the circumstances and the events that are surrounding your team now.

Brady was sitting out the first, then the game got closer and Brady fixed it. You can't explain away the 49-9 game against Detroit. Colts could've just run the ball if they didn't wanna run it up. and BTW, having 1 super bowl ring is one thing, having 3 is another.
That's right, that just happened.
All I can picture is a 45 year old bald man wearing nothing but a Manning Jersey and eating Cheese Puffs making the Manning face at his computer screen. Don't cry Boomer, I am sure you can go home to Indystar and make a post about it.

Last edited:

You're right, the personal stats don't matter, because it's hard to compare them among players who have played on different teams (though I doubt you said that when Manning was in mid 40's and before the Super Bowl win.) What matters are Super Bowl wins, like the ring in your signature shows, and the Patriots have 3 while the Colts have one. I think you're the smug one educating us on our own forum.

Last edited:

With that being said, I don't ever want to hear from your dumbass about the Patriots "running up the score," regardless of how much time is left in a game. Any given Sunday does apply, and any given Sunday a team can score two touchdowns in twenty seconds.

And its hilarious that snow/bad weather is your argument for why Brady will not set the record, yet I would bet that the obvious advantage Manning has had in playing half of his games in a dome is dismissed by you when discussing who is the better QB.

After all, Manning did come up to blustery Foxborough and lay a stinker (not once, but two times) in the weather that Brady has to deal with every year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST