PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Pats just doing what Colts did"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's eating me alive :rolleyes: it must be eating you alive for every one of the MAJORITY of the NFL records Peyton currently owns and will own before he retires
Actually, no it doesn't... as evidenced by the fact that I don't spend all my time in Indy Colts forums telling everyone there how my guy is better. Unlike you, I don't obsessively research stats trying to "prove" that my QB wasn't running up the score when they had a 31-6 lead and were still throwing the ball.

You can have the record book. I'll take the fistful of rings, thank you very much.

Originally Posted by He Ban Me
Stated this before, but here are some facts:

*In 2004, PM had 7 4th Quarter TD's. Brady has 5 to date.
*Of those 7 TD's, 6 came with either the Colts TIED or LOSING the game
*In the ONE game where PM threw a 4th QTR TD, with 12:56 to play, Colts were up 20. In the first half, Tennessee was up 24-17 at one point.
*PM threw THREE TD passes his last three games in '04.
*PM played 3 downs in the last game of the season, and did not throw a TD on any one of those 3 downs he played.

Oh, I get it now. Manning set the standards by which "running up the score" is determined. As long as you don't "exceed" any of these facts, then you're safe and playing within the "sportsmanship rules" as defined by the Colts.

However, go over any of those facts and you've now crossed into "classless stat padding" territory.

When did that memo go out?
No Tedy, the point is the PM was absolutely VILIFIED in '04 for the season he was having, when in reality, he was just doing what you all are defending Brady for doing. AND, in the end, his "stat padding" (based on the facts presented) appear to be less egregious than that of the Golden Boy of the Awesomes, Tom Brady.

Last edited:
No Tedy, the point is the PM was absolutely VILIFIED in '04 for the season he was having, when in reality, he was just doing what you all are defending Brady for doing. AND, in the end, his "stat padding" (based on the facts presented) appear to be less egregious than that of the Golden Boy of the Awesomes, Tom Brady.

Wow, talk about completely opposite perspectives.

Maybe by some Brady fans but the nation celebrated Peyton. Now the Patriots are being vilified by a good part of the nation and only mostly defended by Patriots fans.

Yeah, it's eating me alive :rolleyes: it must be eating you alive for every one of the MAJORITY of the NFL records Peyton currently owns and will own before he retires

Even if that is true....The question will remain after witnessing what Brady CAN do with even talent.

Would Brady have all the records if he had the same talent on offense as Manning for his whole career?

Yep

Wow, what a difference in perspective.

My recollection was that Manning was glorified the entire way, that the media hung on every reception, and had a countdown as to how many passes Manning would complete. Maybe some media didn't like it, but I was unaware of this. Probably other loser players whining.

The same thing is happening now. Most of the talking heads are talking up Brady, and then loser players and loser fans crying about it.

There isn't any difference, and it is poor of you to complain that people unfairly called out Colts and then unfairly call out the Pats. I'm sorry you can't see it is the same thing, but your response is 180 out.

Just like the game after MNF. You didn't complain when the Pats came to Indy after MNF, so stop whining now that you have to play the Panthers the week after MNF.

As far as whose stat padding is more egregious, what a stipid concept.

Dean Pees has the answer to whining about defenses who slack off while ahead:

MEDIA: How much of that was playing with a big lead? Is it human nature to let up a little bit?

PEES: "No, I would hope that human nature is putting your foot on their throat and finish the game. That would be what I hope a defensive personality would be. ..."

The same is true of offenses.

The Colts earned a rep as girlie girls by complaining, "Ooo, their hitting us. Make them stop."

Now you and other whiners are earning a different rep: "Ooo, those big meanies are picking on us. Make them stop."

Just as the Colts are gaining respect, their fans are turning into crybabies. Grow a pair, or watch bowling and golf. This is football.

Or you can look at the anonymous poll taken by CBSSports this summer.... you know the one where 65 percent of players, coaches, and front office people said they would take Brady over Manning.

And it seems kind of foolish to claim that Manning is the reason those players developed into what they are. Players take several years to develop to their full potential (and many don't even do that) and it is a symbiotic relationship. And Brady has put up comparable numbers with Manning throughout his career, at similar points in their careers, with far less.

Last edited:
Wow, what a difference in perspective.

My recollection was that Manning was glorified the entire way, that the media hung on every reception, and had a countdown as to how many passes Manning would complete. Maybe some media didn't like it, but I was unaware of this. Probably other loser players whining.

The same thing is happening now. Most of the talking heads are talking up Brady, and then loser players and loser fans crying about it.

There isn't any difference, and it is poor of you to complain that people unfairly called out Colts and then unfairly call out the Pats. I'm sorry you can't see it is the same thing, but your response is 180 out.

Just like the game after MNF. You didn't complain when the Pats came to Indy after MNF, so stop whining now that you have to play the Panthers the week after MNF.

As far as whose stat padding is more egregious, what a stipid concept.

Dean Pees has the answer to whining about defenses who slack off while ahead:

MEDIA: How much of that was playing with a big lead? Is it human nature to let up a little bit?

PEES: "No, I would hope that human nature is putting your foot on their throat and finish the game. That would be what I hope a defensive personality would be. ..."

The same is true of offenses.

The Colts earned a rep as girlie girls by complaining, "Ooo, their hitting us. Make them stop."

Now you and other whiners are earning a different rep: "Ooo, those big meanies are picking on us. Make them stop."

Just as the Colts are gaining respect, their fans are turning into crybabies. Grow a pair, or watch bowling and golf. This is football.
Grow a pair? How bout grow up. Who's whining?? BP might be pointing out soem facts to the league, and I am pointing out their difficult run coming up. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't have to play, coach, or travel, so why do I care. Sure, I want things to be as favorbale as possible for these guys, but again, it is what it is. It's not like the schedule is released weekly. They knew what the tough stretch was. They'll probably have words about traveling for Turkey day too. At least we play KC at home that Sunday. The thing is, if they get those 2 games, then they have a "mini-bye" on the back end, so here's hoping for 2-0;)

Grow a pair? How bout grow up. Who's whining?? BP might be pointing out soem facts to the league, and I am pointing out their difficult run coming up. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't have to play, coach, or travel, so why do I care. Sure, I want things to be as favorbale as possible for these guys, but again, it is what it is. It's not like the schedule is released weekly. They knew what the tough stretch was. They'll probably have words about traveling for Turkey day too. At least we play KC at home that Sunday. The thing is, if they get those 2 games, then they have a "mini-bye" on the back end, so here's hoping for 2-0;)

Most Incoherent Response award.

No, it is not as simple as "pointing out some facts." I don't know if other teams take issues with their schedules to the league (complaining about it), and I'm sure plenty of others do, but it is cheap to announce those b!tchings to the press. To me, and most of the others on this board, it looks as if Dungy and Polian are creating an excuse for any adversity they face, and are attempting to provide a reason (that is "beyond their control") for a loss, thus avoiding any blame that they should take.

All I see is 3 rings to one buddy, and that's all I care about. Why don't you ask Marino if he would trade all the records he held for a ring. My guess is he would, even if he could hold them forevor.
Besides, unless you are unwilling to say that Brady has always had an equal receiving corps to the Colts, your argument is moot. Even now, I bet you wold say the Colts receivers are better. Which is it?
Did I just make your brain break, cause your going to have to admit either Brady is better than Manning or that the Patriots have better receivers. That mean Moss, Stallworth and Welker are better than Clark, Harrison and Wayne. Deal with it biotch.

i think he was supposed to say "HIke" and then hand the ball to Ware. Atleast thats what Cowboy fans say.

No, if he had done that, the media would have said the Patriots were showboating... disrespecting their opponents.

It was a run up the middle. The Pats didn't do anything wrong it was as vanilla as it could be. But there was nothing they could have done which would have saved them from criticism. If they had celebrated, they would have been criticized. If they had deadpanned, they would have been criticized.

They've beaten too many good teams, and proven too many idiots wrong, to escape blame.

Living in NYC I experience it all the time-- non-Pats and non-Red Sox fans are just dieing for some proof, some evidence... anything... to justify their hatred. If you cant beat them on the field, you find some other way to pull them down. It's the same bitter, negativist mentality that latched on to Spygate, making a story out of gamesmanship as if it is somehow unique to Belichick, in all the world.

There's a lot of haters out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference