PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats have re-signed Vince Wilfork - 5 years, $40M ($25 GTD) [mergedx4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't that cheap. He's getting right along the line what a top player in his position gets paid in the league.

You must have missed the contract Albert Haynesworth signed last year

Not sure if any of you have heard, but he got an 18 MIL signing bonus. Taking advantage of uncapped year much?

He's getting exactly what he deserves. top NT money. Great news, finally...

Not sure if any of you have heard, but he got an 18 MIL signing bonus. Taking advantage of uncapped year much?

good gravy

I had not heard that

Banta Cain 4.5 mil
Wilfork 8 mil
Total 12.5 mil

Peppers to play for Pats: 12mil

Preparing to get flamed like a mother in 5...4...3...2...1

You are exactly right. But also, how that we KNOW how effective Wilfork and Banta-Cain are in our 3-4 system, and we know they have good attitudes and add to team chemistry. With Peppers, we're talking about a guy who has never played in a 3-4 and has had attitude issues. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to have landed Peppers, but given the option above, I'll take Wilfork and Banta-Cain.

Damn you Bill Belichick! Disrespecting Wilfork like this making him the highest paid NT in league history. You cheap bastard Bob Kraft! I think Wilfok has played his last game as a Patriot. No way will he ever play for them again after the way they have been treating him.

Banta Cain 4.5 mil
Wilfork 8 mil
Total 12.5 mil

Peppers to play for Pats: 12mil

Preparing to get flamed like a mother in 5...4...3...2...1

What exactly is your point?

That Wilfork + Banta Cain > Peppers?

If so, I agree.

A little more than $3.5M of that is applied to this year with regards to cap situations.

What exactly is your point?

That Wilfork + Banta Cain > Peppers?

If so, I agree.

Exactly, and anyone who tries to argue Peppers > Wilfork+TBC is just off their rocker.

I am so happy Vince didnt want haynesworth money. Wilfork is happy and it was as much as i would of suspected. Wilfork is the anchor for our defense. I am happy he is here for another 5 years. He might of *****ed a little bit, but he did come to work everyday and acted like a true professional. Lead by example Vince!! We need to resign Bodden NOW!!! It would be nice to find out in the next 30 minutes that Bodden has been resigned. If that happens, I will be SOOO happy!

This is great news. Wilfork is a class act on and off the field.

If Vince resigns for $8M per, shouldn't Bodden resign for around $6M per... if he's a "Patriot first and foremost" as he claims.

I like the way you think, Patsy, but VW's 8 mill/per makes him one of the highest paid at his position. I can't believe how many of us were right on the money with VW's "fair" price--many said in between 7 1/2--9 million. There were those who thought that he was going to demand "Haynesworth" money, but I just didn't see him getting past double digits (10+) for his position.

Bodden's position will be "fair" at around 6-8 mill/per, IMO. As we know, corners are paid more per average, and guys like Kelvin Hayden and Chris Gamble are making 9 million/per.

I'd hope we're at least starting the negotiations with Bodden at 6-7 mill/per, because it we're not, someone else will surely pay. Just last year you had guys like Foxworth, Greer, etc, making 7 mill/per. Bodden is certainly worth at least the same if not more, IMO.

Hope you're right, and they end up locking him in at around 6, that'd be great.

Albert Haynesworth
Essentially 4 year $48 million $41 million guaranteed

Vince Wilfork
5 year $40 million $25 million guaranteed

Big win for the Pats on that deal.

Vince.

My utmost respect. You sir are a true patriot.

To Mr. Kraft and the FO. good job. It ain't a stud day 1 fa signing. But this is good.

This is something to build on.

Go pats.

Re: Pats have re-signed Vince Wilfork - 5 years, $40M ($25 GTD) [mergedx3]

such great news.

Yay. good deal, great guy. If we sign Bodden, I think our needs will be able to be met otherwise.

I could be wrong, but it seems there's a great supply of FA and good priced RFA out there if we are patient and make smart decisions.

Better than in a few years, does anyone else think so?

I like the way you think, Patsy, but VW's 8 mill/per makes him one of the highest paid at his position.

True but the thing is, and I could be wrong, but Haynesworth is the only recent elite DT signing I've seen in this offseason or last. I'm not sure when the other top DT's signed their deals. The market changes every year and the standard keeps rising. A player like Wilfork could have easily attracted more money somewhere else I'd bet.

Last edited:
Why not all 3?

Because one of them is ridiculously overpaid for what he offers on the field and takes money away from other positions for the next 6 years.

Damn you Bill Belichick! Disrespecting Wilfork like this making him the highest paid NT in league history. You cheap bastard Bob Kraft! I think Wilfok has played his last game as a Patriot. No way will he ever play for them again after the way they have been treating him.

These statements sound like pretty much everything I was getting at last week, when you came back at me claiming that Wilfork was demanding Haynesworth money, and anything under 10-11 was wishful thinking.

Change your mind a little?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call