PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats have re-signed Vince Wilfork - 5 years, $40M ($25 GTD) [mergedx4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not as high on Vince as most, and I'd definitely take Ngata over him, but I'm still totally okay with this contract. Dunno what that says about someone who's still *****ing that $8M per is too much for him...

I also don't rate him as high as others do, and I also think the NT position in our D is overrated (because of the cliche that the NT is the key to the run D, which is false in a 2gap 34) but he is a very good player, who's primary job is do something--play the run--that our system values highly.
I'm all for having as many good players as we can get. Wilfork is a good player, and frankly, overpaying a little bit on a good player is less tragic than overpaying at all on a bad player.
I'm glad we signed him, but would have understood if we left him on the tag and revisited next year. My hunch is that we found a way to bury a chunk of cap hit into this year with the other 4 being discounted.

Great deal for the Patriots and Wilfork. I guess that the 3rd time is indeed the charm.

It does my ego good to see that my evaluation of his skill set and worth to the team is in line with the Patriots:)

Outstanding news, right in line with many on here thought. Maybe I shouldn't be, but I am shocked that certain folks have ignored this thread. One person in particular took Vince's side to the point you would have thought they were buddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes