PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats game in Miami Flexed to 4:25

Slightly surprised that all of the AFC East games are in the late afternoon slot, but with no AFC West games on Sunday at all, one of the other divisions had to go to that time for CBS. None of the AFC North or AFC South games are particularly compelling. I'm sure the networks wish Miami had defeated Tennessee, to make the Pats-Dolphins game more dramatic.

why? just why?

Angry Fuck Me GIF

Slightly surprised that all of the AFC East games are in the late afternoon slot, but with no AFC West games on Sunday at all, one of the other divisions had to go to that time for CBS. None of the AFC North or AFC South games are particularly compelling. I'm sure the networks wish Miami had defeated Tennessee, to make the Pats-Dolphins game more dramatic.
Pretty sure the decision was made just to tick me off...

Well that decision sucks.. why not just keep @ 1:00 PM?? Maybe to showcase Jones??

Not upset with this. The heat in Fort Lauderdale on Sunday is supposed to get up to 82. By moving to 4:25, it takes away a competitive advantage from Miami since it might be 5-10 degrees cooler and less sun than at 1 PM.

The 4:30 KO will remove Miami's weather advantage, as it won't be too hot. Although it will bring into play the daily 4 pm thunderstorms.

I anticipated that the Pats and Bills games would be played at the same time, so getting flexed to Saturday wasn't really in play.

Awful slate of games, only the Chargers- Raiders game has a "win and your in", everything else, is just for seeding.

So much misinformation about FL winter weather. T storms at 3PM are a summer thing. Bigger factor will be no direct sunlight heating 2nd half. That helps Pats.
Wicked pissed that they also moved the Bucs game to 4 likely killing the slim chance of seeing the Pats here south of Tampa.

Actually the Pats game flexed to 430 helps NE.

Chargers vs Raiders will be at 430 too. The Pats will have the playoff seeding more or less cast in stone prior to playing with the exception of KC and LAC or LV. Losing @ Miami might be beneficial.

Bold wins
Tennessee @ Houston is at 1200
NYJ @ Buffalo is at 1200
Cincinnati @ Cleveland is at 1200 - could go either way but the Browns will be coming off MNF.
Indianapolis
@ Jacksonville is at 1200

Actually the Pats game flexed to 430 helps NE.

Chargers vs Raiders will be at 430 too. The Pats will have the playoff seeding more or less cast in stone prior to playing with the exception of KC and LAC or LV. Losing @ Miami might be beneficial.

NYJ @ Buffalo is at 1200

Not so:

Chargers and Raiders is Sunday night.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back