PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats game in Miami Flexed to 4:25

It’s about a 3-4 degree difference and the high is only supposed to be 79 so I’m not sure it’s that much of a factor.
I'll take a small advantage for free any time.

why? just why?

Angry **** Me GIF
Stop the insanity!

4:30 versus 1:00 doesn't mean much to me personally. It's the night games before work that kill me, so this is fine. I doubt this makes a huge difference for the game itself either, but I'll take whatever tiny weather mitigation they can get.

The NFL still has Pats-Dolphins at 1 PM...and so does the Pats website

The Patriots.com website is lacking in several things.. Like tracking all the player movements. So, it's no surprise that they are slow to update the schedule page.

As @borg pointed out, NFL.com had an article up at 1/2/2021 at 11:44pm EST noting the changes. I have friends who are Cowboys fans and Eagle fans and they got Text notifications around the same time letting them know of the time changes.

Wicked pissed that they also moved the Bucs game to 4 likely killing the slim chance of seeing the Pats here south of Tampa.
Shouldn't the TB game be on Fox and the NE game on CBS? Both have local attractions. I'll be in Kissimmee (fingers crossed on JetBlue) and was just hoping I'd get the NE/MIA game locally. If not, I have YTTV on my tablet with Boston CBS.

Doesn’t bother me but it does surprise me. I understand the Bills and Patriots have to play at the same time to avoid giving one team a competitive advantage, but it still should’ve been in the 1:00 slot, as is typical for AFCE.

whatever.

What DOES, however, bother me very much is Peter King’s speculation that NE-Buf is the front runner for the MNF playoff game if the matchups fall that way.

So much misinformation about FL winter weather. T storms at 3PM are a summer thing. Bigger factor will be no direct sunlight heating 2nd half. That helps Pats.
Wicked pissed that they also moved the Bucs game to 4 likely killing the slim chance of seeing the Pats here south of Tampa.
you guys dont use internet stream? :ninja:

What DOES, however, bother me very much is Peter King’s speculation that NE-Buf is the front runner for the MNF playoff game if the matchups fall that way.
It makes some sense to have it be one of the 4-5 matchups. That would suck, though.

It looks like they set it up so everyone who has something to play for should still have something to play for when their game starts.

It pissed me off to no end in 2008 when they had us play at 1 and when we won the jets had nothing to play for at 4 against miami and pretty much laid down in the 2nd half.

I'm just glad it's not a prime time game. I will take a few degrees cooler at kickoff as well as we have seen how some of these late season Miami games go.

Pretty sure Peter King begged onto the set of "Deliverance" and gleefully served as Ned Beatty's stunt double once he caught a glimpse of the script.
Just sayin........

deliverance GIF

Love it.
Also we can watch browns bengals at 1 (and hopefully the browns can drop the bengals to the 4. Would like to go play at cinci).
WHY would you want to play against Cincinnati? They have 3 excellent WRs, a very good RB in Mixon and a decent TE in Uzomah. Not to mention an above average to good QB in Joe Burrow. Do you really think the Pats have the DBs to handle that offense? I don't. And I'm a big fan of this defense,.

I don’t know how you could dislike a 425 game…there’s no better time slot.

too bad Waddle in a PHIN. Need to reunite him with Jones!

:)

I'm just glad we managed to avoid having to watch Rodgers or an NFC East team on Sunday night for once.

Fine with me. More time to get stuff done before kickoff on Sunday. 11am MST kickoffs don't give you much time for chores or projects.

WHY would you want to play against Cincinnati? They have 3 excellent WRs, a very good RB in Mixon and a decent TE in Uzomah. Not to mention an above average to good QB in Joe Burrow. Do you really think the Pats have the DBs to handle that offense? I don't. And I'm a big fan of this defense,.

Framed in comparison to the alternative, which is likely playing against Buffalo: Despite all those weapons, Cincy passes for fewer yards per game, scores fewer points per game, and gives up almost 4 more points per game on defense than the Bills. It's nice that they have scary receivers, but it's not making them any tougher to defend than Buffalo. Plus their OL is worse and their QB has never played in a playoff game. And I'm not saying DON'T be concerned with the Bengals, they're a good team and would be playing at home. Just that between them and Buffalo, it's not outrageous to choose Cincy.

So much misinformation about FL winter weather. T storms at 3PM are a summer thing. Bigger factor will be no direct sunlight heating 2nd half. That helps Pats.
If I recall correctly on the final Sunday of the season the NFL typically lets both networks broadcast games in both time slots - so with Miami being the opponent, we still should get the Pats game in the Tampa area.

For example, check out the TV maps from a year ago for Week 17:

Which begs the question, if they are able to broadcast two early games plus two late games in the final week without any issue, then why don't they do that all year long? (The answer to that of course is that doing so would devalue the Sunday Ticket, resulting in less money bid for DirecTV for the ST rights. But couldn't that be offset by higher fees from CBS and Fox, since they would enjoy higher revenues from more commercials being shown with a second game in every market, every week?)

Love this. The late afternoon games are my favorite time slot, it gives me the chance to get things done on Sunday before settling in to watch the game.
Same. Taking the Mrs. away for her birthday, so it'll be nice to get a full day in before kickoff.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back