PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Fans not buying SB tickets...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question... are any non -rich fans on this forum who sprung for '07, going to Indy for this one??

I'm trying; it all comes down to ticket prices. Your point seems to be: are you not going because you're worried about reliving the nightmare from '08? That's a stupid way to think about it. You go (if you can somehow afford it) because you want to see your team in the ultimate game regardless of opponent.

Quick question... are any non -rich fans on this forum who sprung for '07, going to Indy for this one??

Yes. I am hoping for redemption along with the team.

I'm trying; it all comes down to ticket prices. Your point seems to be: are you not going because you're worried about reliving the nightmare from '08? That's a stupid way to think about it. You go (if you can somehow afford it) because you want to see your team in the ultimate game regardless of opponent.

I cant afford it. (Couldnt afford it then either lol)

With prices being what they are, and having already been twice.. im out of the game either way.

i was just curious to see how much '07 impacted (if at all) the decision making for other fans.

I'm hoping for a cold spell in Indy that weekend... maybe even some driving rain to discourage last minute shoppers. Maybe that will drive down demand and make prices more affordable on game day.

If the halftime show was someone decent that might help me justify the high prices but a 53-year old Madonna at a football game?

Hey, watch it. ;)

I'm doing OK but I'm not rich. I come from no money and I don't make 7 figures.

If you make six figures, you can afford to buy ME a ticket. ;)

The only way I could go is if I hit the superbowl ticket lottery. Been a season ticket holder for 20 years. Never hit and None of all the people i've met tailgating over the years either. I think they give most of the tickets to the agency to sell with travel packages. they know who Im talking about to. Us real fans never go.

Re: Any season ticket holders have any luck

Let's see if anything has changed since 2008.
Season ticket holder since late 80's.
Now 0 for 6. I feel like JD Drew.
Any non club or suite winners?

We're just waiting for prices to go down. Talked to a ticket broker this morning who said sales are stagnant at this point because prices are so high. Hopefully they will do what they did last time and come down next week. Plenty of Pats fans will be there for the game.

Prices will come way down. Its a big game of chicken.

At SB42 Giants fans wouldnt pay the exorbitant prices and prices kept dropping the closer it came to kick off. Brokers were scrambling to dump tickets for fear of being stuck with them at $800 (non premium seats) a pop face value.

The same thing is going to happen this time.

Non premium seats for SB46 are $900 face value. $1000 - $1500 isnt being skinned that bad depending on the location. Its still alot of money, but you only live once and time is now.

BEWARE of counterfeit tickets if you arent buying from a reputable source like Stubhub. There are some floating around every SB. Go to the SB website and look for pics of the ticket with security features. If the deal seems to good to be true it usually is.

Last edited:
These ticket brokers are such a scam. How do you allow for legal scalpers?
I think a better question is why shouldn't you allow legal scalping? It's supply and demand. We're talking about a luxury item, not a necessity so I don't want the government setting or capping prices.

Last edited:
$2800 just to enjoy the ambience of Indianapolis?...right....if THAT is something I'd want to do I'd just put Hee Haw on the tube and watch Junior Samples sell cars...

50512_50096382359_3525214_n.jpg

With a total cost of approximately 8-10k for a weekend in Indy, I can't imagine why the average fan isn't lining up to buy tickets.

For the record... if this were in Miami or N.O... I'd have already sold one of my children on the black market to pay for my ticket package. :singing:

Yeah if I had money to piss away I'd consider it but you'll end up paying 5k minimum for bad seats and then money for travel and hotel plus food to visit frigid Indianapolis and deal with Colts fans. Screw that.

If the Pats are fortunate enough to make it next year I'll get tickets because I live in New Orleans and a lot of that cost is taken out.

amen brotha that's what I'm hoping for too

Prices will come way down. Its a big game of chicken.

At SB42 Giants fans wouldnt pay the exorbitant prices and prices kept dropping the closer it came to kick off. Brokers were scrambling to dump tickets for fear of being stuck with them at $800 (non premium seats) a pop face value.

The same thing is going to happen this time.

Non premium seats for SB46 are $900 face value. $1000 - $1500 isnt being skinned that bad depending on the location. Its still alot of money, but you only live once and time is now.

BEWARE of counterfeit tickets if you arent buying from a reputable source like Stubhub. There are some floating around every SB. Go to the SB website and look for pics of the ticket with security features. If the deal seems to good to be true it usually is.

How do you know the face value? If $900 is the cheapest seat then there's no way I'm getting in for around $600, like I was hoping. The standing room seats must be cheaper.

How do you know the face value? If $900 is the cheapest seat then there's no way I'm getting in for around $600, like I was hoping. The standing room seats must be cheaper.

HELL NO YOURE NOT.

You might have had a hard time getting in here last Sunday for that.

For the record... if this were in Miami or N.O... I'd have already sold one of my children on the black market to pay for my ticket package. :singing:

What is the going price for kids on the black market? Someone earlier said you could get $2.8k for a wife. Which one has better resale vale, wife or kids. Thinking it would be better to sell a kid and use the wife to make more kids to sell off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes