PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Fans Game Day Rituals

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
A newspaper writer asked me if I have any game day rituals, and I couldn't really think of any in particular (other than always wearing a Pats t-shirt or Pats sweater and downing multiple cold beverages).

So here is my question to the rest of the forum:
do you have any game day rituals - and if so, what are they?

Last edited:
For post season games I am no longer going without my size XXX Ty Law jersey (the only one available according to my husband who was instructed to "go out and get me a shirt!" right before we went to the 2001 superbowl; it hangs down to my knees). I have tried to get away from wearing it, and in fact don't always wear it during regular season games. BUT I wore a Mike Vrabel shirt to the end-of-2007 game that shall not be named and a Mayo shirt to the Jets playoff game last year. Needless to say, I am taking Ty Law to the game Saturday night.

I wear my grey Pats tshirt on gameday, and if I watch the game, I have to watch the whole game!

If I know I can't watch until the end, I will not watch it (like this Saturday, I will be asleep before kickoff, never mind until the final whistle!

Hey all,

Feel free to msg me!

Last edited:
1) Go to fridge, grab beer.

2) Lift beer to mouth.

3) Drink beer.

4) When beer empty, repeat from step 1. Indefinitely.

I beat off to this pic 199 minutes before kickoff
TOM-BRADY-PIC-1.jpg

Yes, yes I do. However it would be ant-ritual if I told what my rituals were.:cool:

OK, here is one. I usually start the game thread and never look at it again until after the game.

Last edited:
On gameday I only drink beer brewed in New England. I've found some really good ones too. Allagash, Berkshire, Gearys, Magic Hat, and of course Sam Adams.

I always wear my red Mayo jersey (used to be blue Watson). If they win I sleep in it. If they lose I take it off. Did I mention I'm superstitious? :)

I wear my grey Patriots T-shirt & blue baggy shorts every game day. I also shave before the game (Gillette, clean shave, get it?).

Before the game, I prepare the altar of offerings at the Church of the Holy Uprights with various comestibles. Then I brew a fresh pot of coffee.

I always have a grey mug of black coffee, and my LARGE red Patriots mug filled with some alcoholic beverage, plus a bottle of bourbon and a shot glass to hand. I drink coffee when the defense is on, and bourbon when the offense is playing. Refills during breaks at the quarter and half-time.

i dont know if it's a Ritual but i make chicken wings and get all kinds of snacks and watch the game with my wife and kids

I don't shower for 3 days prior to a Pats playoff game and only if they win do I not wait another 3 days afterwards :eek:

128946721705738119.jpg

Last edited:
Game day is some kind of game day food.. wings, ribs, pulled pork, braht's or something like that. I wear my Wilfork jersey that I've had since his rookie season (hard to get back then) and whatever Pats hat is currently on a roll for them winning when I wear it. Several of my delicious home brews (on draft of course) and a couple friends and family!

I watch the game on television

1. Wear a Patriots item. Usually I would wear my Brady jersey but it got kind of small so I got a new Gronkowski jersey and I'm going to rep that on Saturday.
2. Watch the entire game. I don't like to catch bits and pieces of it.
3. Invite somebody over. This Saturday I'm having a bunch people coming over. None of them are Patriots fans, but they hate the Broncos(Chargers fans) so they will be rooting for the Pats.

For post season games I am no longer going without my size XXX Ty Law jersey (the only one available according to my husband who was instructed to "go out and get me a shirt!" right before we went to the 2001 superbowl; it hangs down to my knees). I have tried to get away from wearing it, and in fact don't always wear it during regular season games. BUT I wore a Mike Vrabel shirt to the end-of-2007 game that shall not be named and a Mayo shirt to the Jets playoff game last year. Needless to say, I am taking Ty Law to the game Saturday night.

You will never be forgiven for this!

No real rituals here, aside from lurking this forum all day.

You will never be forgiven for this!

No real rituals here, aside from lurking this forum all day.

I know, sorry. Believe me, I have felt at the same time both guilty and stupid that even a small part of me would be this superstitious. I just said to my husband tonight, "I've got to wear my Ty Law jersey on Saturday." He said, "You got that right." So don't worry, the sherrif will make sure I wear it!

I know, sorry. Believe me, I have felt at the same time both guilty and stupid that even a small part of me would be this superstitious. I just said to my husband tonight, "I've got to wear my Ty Law jersey on Saturday." He said, "You got that right." So don't worry, the sherrif will make sure I wear it!

A husband that gets his wife a XXX shirt knowing she doesn't wear anything near that size......that takes big guts from another husbands viewpoint..I want to shake his hand! :cool:

I avoid anything at all that I did on that awful day vs. the Giants.

That day I wore a black Pats T-shirt. Never again.

That day my wife bought one of those mylar Patriots balloons. I have warned the family that no Patriots ballons are to be brought into the house again.

I watched that game with a group of 10 or so people. I was miserable all along, being the one who cared the most. I will watch with the wife & kids, maybe a friend or two, max. I'm not too sociable when it is the Patriots playing.

Nope..i use to be..aka wear the Dillon jersey EVERY game..now nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore