PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats 2008 draft picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

libalu53

Rookie
Reaction score
Hello Gents,

Other than SF's 1st round pick, what additionally pics do the Pats have in 08?
Can seem to find the info.

Appreciated, Bill D.

Is that all? a 1st and 3rd round pic?
2&4 are gone correct? how about the later rounds?

What happened to their second and fourth?

Is that all? a 1st and 3rd round pic?
2&4 are gone correct? how about the later rounds?

I don't think that's correct. If we had not made the playoffs I believe that we would have lost our 2nd and 3rd round picks.

I found this at Patriots Insiders. I think it's ok to post it, it is part of the official release from the Commissioner.

In addition, Commissioner Roger Goodell also notified the Patriots that they would forfeit their own first-round draft choice in 2008 if they reach the playoffs, or their own second-round and third-round picks if they do not qualify for the playoffs, and that the club would be fined $250,000.

Well we obviously made the playoffs, so, we will still have our 2nd and 3rd round picks.

The reality:

We have all our picks except the first round.
We have SF's first round.
We have Oakland's 3rd round.

We very likely won't get any compensatory picks.

That's 8 picks total.

http://www.gbnreport.com/trades.htm

Last edited:
The reality:

We have all our picks except the first round.
We have SF's first round.
We have Oakland's 3rd round.

We very likely won't get any compensatory picks.

That's 8 picks total.

http://www.gbnreport.com/trades.htm

Good link. I didn't realize that SF had Indy's 1st this year. I have seen some conjecture about trading SF their pick back for Willis (I think). That would be an interesting idea if they through in Indy's #1 and maybe a 3rd or 4th also.

Right now I think the Pats have about 10m in available cap space next year. It will difficult to sign the #2 pick and resign Moss or Samuel.

It is going to be an interesting off season for sure, but that's something to think about after the season :)

Wow. High high 1st rounder; late 2nd rounder; High high 3rd rounder; late 3rd rounder. What a first day this will be!

What happened to their second and fourth?

The media petitioned the league for their removal due to a coach that outsmarted them all the time.

Wow. High high 1st rounder; late 2nd rounder; High high 3rd rounder; late 3rd rounder. What a first day this will be!
Actually, only the 1st and 2nd rounders will be day one picks. Starting in '08, Rounds one and two are Saturday, and three through seven are Sunday.

I will be willing to put some cash on the line that we do not use this pick, we will trade it to another team for a later 1st this year and a second next year.. this will really piss off Goodell.

With all the talent on this team, I don't think any players after the second round have a shot at making it. So in my opinion, Belichick ought to use every single pick from the third round on to draft punters in the hope we get lucky and find a good one. :D

Actually, only the 1st and 2nd rounders will be day one picks. Starting in '08, Rounds one and two are Saturday, and three through seven are Sunday.

I didn't realize this. OK, what an interesting first 3 rounds this will be. And even if we manage to dump off the SF pick, that counts as interesting too.

This #2-5 pick will not be that easy to unload, I think.

...in my opinion, Belichick ought to use every single pick from the third round on to draft punters in the hope we get lucky and find a good one. :D
Does Hanson suck that much :eek:

With all the talent on this team, I don't think any players after the second round have a shot at making it. So in my opinion, Belichick ought to use every single pick from the third round on to draft punters in the hope we get lucky and find a good one. :D

If the Pats go 19-0, I see at least three guys hanging up their cleats. That doesnt even include Troy Brown. What a way to go out, as the greatest ever. That's three roster spots. The later rounds have produced some very good Patriots, so I wouldn't dismiss them being as active as in the past. I think the trading will take place in rounds 1 and 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back