PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Work Out Three Free-Agent Wide Receivers Including Julian Talley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a random thought: when Jerry Rice was 42 he had 30 receptions / 429 yards. Randy Moss is 38 years old.

Just a random thought: when Jerry Rice was 42 he had 30 receptions / 429 yards. Randy Moss is 38 years old.

He also had a 1/4" layer of stickum on his hands/gloves. It was illegal, as it is now, but he wasn't playing for the Pats so everyone looks the other way.

It would go like this: Pats sign Jerry, surprise NFL glove inspection, Stickum found, Pats lose another 1st rounder.

Unfortunately the physical part is the least of his (Moss) worries, BTW.

Chris Matthews is on the Ravens Practice Squad. No guarantee that he'd come here.

I thought I read that Chris Matthews chose the Ravens PS because he felt he gave him the best chance to start games.. situation here has since changed.

Does staying there provide better long term opportunities? How could it? Getting on the field means getting to showcase your skills and potential. That's far more important in my opinion than the advantages of continuity of staying put on someones practice squad.

Of course after last January, the kid might be holding a grudge against the Patriots... ;)

Of course after last January, the kid might be holding a grudge against the Patriots... ;)

Often "drudges" are mitigated by the lure of more money and playing on the big stage...

He also had a 1/4" layer of stickum on his hands/gloves. It was illegal, as it is now, but he wasn't playing for the Pats so everyone looks the other way.

It would go like this: Pats sign Jerry, surprise NFL glove inspection, Stickum found, Pats lose another 1st rounder.

How many more years are we going to hear about Moss?

Speaking of old. Why not give Reggie Wayne a call? He was here for a cup of coffee. He knows the set up. If he has been working out, he can jump in for a few catches. He has not retired. He has the experience to catch a few more and Brady would trust him. He didn't like the strict Pats regiment of practice in 2 a days this summer. Well that is over and what Vet does. This is the stretch drive. He could catch 3-5 a game if he thrives on competition.

Denarious Moore. Speedster. Was pretty good for Oakland. Bills cut him but they had a wealth of WR. Decent size and can return kicks.

Mike Willims. Big WR. Was very good with Tampa. Also would up being traded to Bills. Was suspended 6 games but now eligible. Williams was a dependable threat with three straight seasons with at least 63 receptions at Tampa. This could be a last chance for him or Moore.

Greg Salas was here at one point. Played for McDaniels on the Rams as well I believe. 6'2" and 210 lbs. I remember him hurting us when he was with the Jets for a pass or two.

Thoughts?
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes