PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots use 2nd Round Tender on Jacobi Meyers

Nobody is going to give up a 2nd for Meyers. CLE got Cooper for a 5th. Come on man.

Nobody is going to give up a 2nd for Meyers. CLE got Cooper for a 5th. Come on man.
Different situation though, Cooper is making 22mm per year for the next few years, which is a terrible contract. With Meyers production, his cap hit will be a bargain.

This is a strong wr draft so I'm not sure if anyone will be willing to give up a 2nd for him, but it's still good value for his production.

Jacobi isn't making $20/year...

a 5th for taking on 20 million in salary...

the point in making a rfa tender is to hopefully keep the player... so 2nd round tender for Meyers is a fair deal... he gets a bump in salary, but its a reasonable bump; and if someone wants him badly enough (say Josh, looking for a 3rd receiver) we get a decent return on investment... win win in this particular case...

It's counterintuitive, but Meyers might be more likely to get signed away with this tender than Jackson was a year ago because his contract demands are probably significantly lower.

I still doubt anyone wants to give us a 2 for Meyers.

You expect to replace his production (83 for 866 and 2 TDs) for less than 4M? Good luck.

Sorry I like WR's who scare people Meyers is just average. Like I said in another thread Meyers is a Four on certain Teams in this league. Yeah he outplayed Agholor who wasn't paid like a 5Mill Receiver. But that's an indictment on how bad Agholor is. Please BB Trade Agholor please for a bag of chips gotta get our moneys worth need better production for $9Mill.

Sorry I like WR's who scare people Meyers is just average. Like I said in another thread Meyers is a Four on certain Teams in this league. Yeah he outplayed Agholor who wasn't paid like a 5Mill Receiver. But that's an indictment on how bad Agholor is. Please BB Trade Agholor please for a bag of chips gotta get our moneys worth need better production for $9Mill.

Moving on from Agholor and tendering Meyers are separate issues. Meyers has developed into a WR3/WR4, so you should have no problem with keeping him at the tender salary number.

So your logic is Meyers isn't worth $4M because he played better than Agholor who made a lot more than that?

I hope a team takes Myers and the Pats get a 2nd. Myers was a nice UFA find, but he’s a #3 WR at best and is the Pats #1 WR. We can't have guys like him thinking he initially beat the DB off the line and waving his arms open, only to have the DB close in on him and drop the ball.

Last edited:
So your logic is Meyers isn't worth $4M because he played better than Agholor who made a lot more than that?
Nope my logic is we need to get rid of Agholor.

I hope a team takes Myers and the Pats get a 2nd. Myers was a nice UFA find, but he’s a #3 WR at best and is the Pats #1. We cant have guys like him initially beating the DB off the line and waving his arms open, only to have the DB close in on him and drop the ball.
Don't tell that to Blind Homers we are getting use to mediocrity.

Remember when some random guy named Wes Welker was traded for a 2nd and 7th?

I’m rooting for Myers!

Remember when some random guy named Wes Welker was traded for a 2nd and 7th?

I’m rooting for Myers!
Imagine Allen Robinson - K Bourne and Jacobi Meyers. My point is Meyers would be a lot more effective in that setting.

I hope a team takes Myers and the Pats get a 2nd. Myers was a nice UFA find, but he’s a #3 WR at best and is the Pats #1 WR. We cant have guys like him thinking he initially beat the DB off the line and waving his arms open, only to have the DB close in on him and drop the ball.

Why trade Meyers?

Move Agholor
Sign FA WR1, or trade for WR1
Draft Williams in round 1
Sign a lower end FA WR or two
Bourne slides in as WR2 until beaten out
Meyers slides in as WR3 until beaten out

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday