PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp, Day 12 (@ Philadephia)

Over on ESPN, I broke down all the "reaches" I could recall and NE hit on ~33% of them. I didn't do the same analysis for "steals" but since only one was a first rounder it seemed pretty clear that NE's hit ratio on reaches is pretty much in line with all non-first round NFL draft picks.

No, BB first round picks are well outside the norm of results. He has NEVER had a guy who was a complete bust. Some picks didn't work out as well but they played, like Maroney.

When evaluating the Safety selections, you might consider that what BB is looking for, is different than what the usual scouts seek. They are seeking athletes first and foremost. BB is looking for secondary and defensive leaders, and is willing to sacrifice some athletic ability to get it.

Just like he ignores what the scouts seek in WRs. He gladly traded out of Corderell Patterson or Justin Hunter for athletes with heads on their shoulders in Aaron Dobson and Josh Boyce. He even signed a reformed gangsta thug and drug dealer, who found God, and graduated from college, but only as a UDFA.

He has had his fill of drafting bone head athletes like Meriwether or Chung,who can't or won't accept coaching, and don't play a team game. He wants, bigger, faster, better versions of James Sanders instead, and has been drafting them in Tavon and Duron.

No, BB first round picks are well outside the norm of results. He has NEVER had a guy who was a complete bust. Some picks didn't work out as well but they played, like Maroney.

When did I say otherwise? :confused:

Oh wow, Ras-I is injured again. How shocking. Hey, look, the sky's blue and rain is wet, too!

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back