Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
Acording to WEEI D&H just now.

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:

Hooray! I was just posting on the other thread wondering about this! Good news! Despite his bad last game, he's one of the guys that I think of when I think of Patriots Football. I want him to retire a Pat more than anything.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

YES!!!!Just heard the same, this is great news!!! :singing:

His new endorsements will be PaPa Ginos and Berney and Phil's oh that was Adam's old gig.

Last edited:
Holley suggested that Troy was receiving some kind of "out of football compensation" to go along with the deal even though it wouldn't be in the contract. Maybe the Pats help him land some more endorsement deals? Kudos for Tom Curran who said in today's ProJo that this was going to happen. Let's hope he's right about Neal too.

Last edited:
Good for Troy.

He can be a 4th receiver and also hopefully retire as a Patriot. This is the first good move of the off-season so far IMO...

Since the Krafts have been owners, they have put clauses into contracts that stipulate that the Players have to do their best to work with team sponsors on endorsement deals.

Troy Brown got a 3 year gig with Dunkin Donuts last year after he re-signed with the team. I wouldn't be surprised if Troy picked up the deals that Adam used to have with Papa Gino's and Bernie and Phil's.

Troy Brown is truly a Patriots at heart. I am glad he's re-signed.

PatsRI said:
Holley suggested that Troy was receiving some kind of "out of football compensation" to go along with the deal even though it wouldn't be in the contract. Maybe the Pats help him land some more endorsement deals?

Will Mike Brown now demand that the Patriots share part of Troy Brown's "out of football compensation" as part of future revenue sharing? :)

YEAH!!!!!!!!

Looks like my favorite all-time Patriot, and the only player jersey I have ever owned, will retire a Patriot.

Troy Brown IS Mr. Patriot. He embodies everything the team is about.

WE GOT BINGO!! Very nice. I love to year it.

So much for him being pissed.

PatsRI said:
Holley suggested that Troy was receiving some kind of "out of football compensation" to go along with the deal even though it wouldn't be in the contract. Maybe the Pats help him land some more endorsement deals?

The Patriots can't help him land the deals, nor can those deals be in lieu of his more compensation in his contract. The 49ers tried this and got slapped down hard.

What the Pats can do is stipulate that the player has to work with the team sponsors as much as possible on endoresement deals. And that's what the Patriots do.

Troy Brown is the epitome of what it means to be a Patriot. He carried this team at the receiver position when they didn't have anyone else o note. And the Patriots have treated him fairly.

Know I won't have to worry about 2 things. #1 seeing #80 in another teams uniform. #2 Having to retrain my dogs again for their "Troy Brown go out for a pass" trick.

PATSNUTme said:
Know I won't have to worry about 2 things. #1 seeing #80 in another teams uniform. #2 Having to retrain my dogs again for their "Troy Brown go out for a pass" trick.

What does THAT trick look like?

DaBruinz said:
The Patriots can't help him land the deals, nor can those deals be in lieu of his more compensation in his contract. The 49ers tried this and got slapped down hard.

What the Pats can do is stipulate that the player has to work with the team sponsors as much as possible on endoresement deals. And that's what the Patriots do.

Troy Brown is the epitome of what it means to be a Patriot. He carried this team at the receiver position when they didn't have anyone else o note. And the Patriots have treated him fairly.

Holley was saying that the Pats had to tread carefully with whatever they were doing with Troy. On the subject of Holley does anyone who listens know what his "big anouncement" will be. He's joked around about doing another book. Another Pats one perhaps? He seems to be well tuned in to them this past week.

PatsRI said:
Holley was saying that the Pats had to tread carefully with whatever they were doing with Troy. On the subject of Holley does anyone who listens know what his "big anouncement" will be. He's joked around about doing another book. Another Pats one perhaps? He seems to be well tuned in to them this past week.

What is all this talk of Troy's resigning? Out of Football compensation? Tread carefully? What the heck is going on?

PATSNUTme said:

Your dogs go out and get women for you??!!!! :eek: Nut you continue to surprise!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Brownfan80 said:
What is all this talk of Troy's resigning? Out of Football compensation? Tread carefully? What the heck is going on?

It's just a little under the table backdoor end around the cap and etched in stone value signing thingy. No big deal 'cause it's us....;)

MoLewisrocks said:
It's just a little under the table backdoor end around the cap and etched in stone value signing thingy. No big deal 'cause it's us....;)

Well, as long as he's PLAYING for us, I don't care much. When I read 'out of football compensation' all I could think was that we signed him for him not to play! Head scratcher for sure. For an IQ such as mine, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft