PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign former Oregon WR Lavasier Tuinei

You take a look at him now, while getting a few insights into the Eagles' offense.

Followup;

He didn't even make it to the Eagles game.

Amendola's only 5'11" to Welker's 5'9", and Welker, at 5'9" has been catching passes at a rate nobody's ever done it. Tall receivers outside of Amendola doesn't speak, at all, to why Welker's gone. If it does, the Patriots are really, really stupid.

And the Patriots aren't really, really stupid.

I agree with you DI. BB also wanted to FORCE TB out of his comfort zone, on relying on dumpoffs to Wes Welker, who was frankly getting old. So they replaced Welker with a bigger, faster, younger, version of himself, to play the slot position. Edelman or Boyce can back up the slot position.

All their other WR candidates are much bigger, can fight for downfield completions, return the Outs and Go routes to the repetoire, potentially block for the outside running game. It also forces the Defense to spread out, and NOT collapse on the short over the middle routes.

I also believe that Welker was being over used, as the other geriatric candidates like Branchand Stallworth, weren't doing enough. BB would rather have 8 guys catch an equal number of balls, than one guy catching 110.

I agree with you DI. BB also wanted to FORCE TB out of his comfort zone, on relying on dumpoffs to Wes Welker, who was frankly getting old. So they replaced Welker with a bigger, faster, younger, version of himself, to play the slot position. Edelman or Boyce can back up the slot position.

All their other WR candidates are much bigger, can fight for downfield completions, return the Outs and Go routes to the repetoire, potentially block for the outside running game. It also forces the Defense to spread out, and NOT collapse on the short over the middle routes.

I also believe that Welker was being over used, as the other geriatric candidates like Branchand Stallworth, weren't doing enough. BB would rather have 8 guys catch an equal number of balls, than one guy catching 110.

Amendola is a talented receiver , but I'm not sure which is more humorous--your suggestion that it was a good idea to terminate the most successful passing combination in the NFL for the past 6 years, or your amazing ability to divine that this was in fact BB's secret strategy all along despite the owners frank (if ill advised) admission that Welker was plan A.

Amendola is a talented receiver , but I'm not sure which is more humorous--your suggestion that it was a good idea to terminate the most successful passing combination in the NFL for the past 6 years, or your amazing ability to divine that this was in fact BB's secret strategy all along despite the owners frank (if ill advised) admission that Welker was plan A.

Did Kraft say WW was going to be the "number one guy" and our first priorty?? or did he say "I hope WW is here and I want WW on the team?"

Funny coming from one of the biggest McCourty lovers on the board.

Did you see Pitta school McCourty last AFCC?

What, the play that you didn't even characterize correctly?

Your evaluation of McCourty is a joke, dude, and everyone knows it. You'd be better off just keeping your mouth shut instead of constantly beclowning yourself.

Did Kraft say WW was going to be the "number one guy" and our first priorty?? or did he say "I hope WW is here and I want WW on the team?"

He said that "Welker was plan A" and when they could not sign him they went with Amendola as plan B. They are fortunate to have had such a talented second choice but second choice is what he was.

But owner Robert Kraft just went into an eye-opening amount of detail on the team’s negotiations with wide receiver Wes Welker, emphasizing that keeping Welker was the team’s first choice before the wide receiver went to Denver.
Kraft also referred to Danny Amendola as “our second alternative,” which should make Amendola feel very welcome in New England.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ts-welker-first-choice-but-agent-missed-mark/

Link

Lavasier Tuinei suffered a Grade 2 sprain of his shoulder yesterday following a jump ball, per source. Was released by Patriots today. Working to reach injury settlement with the New England Patriots.​

On an unrelated note, Tuinei is currently is stuck on 666 tweets.

Last edited:
Released today lasted 48 hours

What?!? He was my new binkie! Does McDaniels even bother to open his email or check this messageboard anymore? If they cut my true binkie - Zoltan "The Impaler" Mesko, I am outta here.

Field Yates @FieldYates
Both players waived by the Patriots on Saturday, OL Elvis Fisher and WR Lavasier Tuinei, cleared waivers and reverted to IR, per source.

Elvis is back in the building, but unavailable

Field Yates @FieldYates
Both players waived by the Patriots on Saturday, OL Elvis Fisher and WR Lavasier Tuinei, cleared waivers and reverted to IR, per source.

Elvis is back in the building, but unavailable

What I'm trying to figure out is what happened to Nick McDonald. . . .

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back