PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign CB EJ Biggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does anyone think that Biggers should be compared to what the team expected of Brown or Fletcher? Has he shown someone that he was a potential #2 CB? Both Brown and Fletcher were expected to compete for #2 CB. Brown WAS the #2 CB until he was injured.

IMHO, Biggers is in competition for the 5th CB spot, if there is one.

I'm not saying Biggers is going to be successful here, but Bradley Fletcher didn't run a 4.3.

I still think Brown will be re-signed. Maybe it's a scenario like last year where he signs after OTAs. Think Bill liked what he brought and Brown said he would like to return

Yeah, I'd like to see Tarell Brown back. Maybe Biggers is an okay special teamer, I don't know. I do know that he can't play defense worth a damn.

I still think Brown will be re-signed. Maybe it's a scenario like last year where he signs after OTAs. Think Bill liked what he brought and Brown said he would like to return

They may be waiting to see how his foot is healing before resigning him.

Butler
Roberts
Ryan
Coleman (slot)

Biggers, 6th-7th rounders, and UDFAs battling it our for 1-2 depth spots.

I really like this CB group.

You know, not to single you out, but I notice this is sort of a common thing of posters here, to just kind of list everyone, throw in that a draft is coming and other players could be signed, and try to roll it all up into something good. Seen that with the wide receivers too.

I like Butler a lot. But there's really nothing in the CB group that's so great apart from him.

$25k guaranteed
$25k to report

Easy to cut that loss
I thought it was $25K bonus and $25K to report

I suspect he'll get all of this when he reports to mandatory minicamp.

But, as you say, even $50K is no big deal.

From what I read, Biggers did pretty well playing with the Bucs but his career took a nose dive when he signed with Washington. He was no better when he signed with the Eagles. Still it's a typical Bill move. Take a calculated gamble on damaged goods that has some talent. Not going to cost them that much to take a look. Looks like adding some depth and competition for training camp.

We have Coleman (who was OK) and Roberts (the 7th round hopeful) coming back as critical components of our secondary at this point. We do need help, and a bit of it.

BTW, who was the last patriot rookie on defense to be a major contributor after spending his rookie year on IR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST