PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Release Dominique Easley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with risk around here is for some reason, people only want it to work out in the Pats favor. That's the thing about risk, it's risk! When it works out the Pats are amazing, when it blows up the Pats shouldn't have done it. You can't have it both ways.

The Pats took a risk and assessed Easley's talent as being worth the risk. Sadly, they appear to have screwed the pooch regarding his make up. That's where the problem lies because his talent isn't in question, his professionalism and attitude is.

I wonder how close they got to trading Easley or if they simply had enough and gave him the old just get the hell out of here.

The taking of Easley in round one wasn't just your run of the mill 'risk', which is why he was available in the first place, and is why there was such a split on the choice even on a hugely homer slanted board like this one.

This is valid criticism here.

On the other hand maybe the team was like, 'we know hes a loose cannon, but he can sure as hell get after the passer'.

Yeah, I'd be willing to bet anything we've had guys that worked out great for us in the past that were considered "questionable" by our scouting report.

Yeah, I'd be willing to bet anything we've had guys that worked out great for us in the past that were considered "questionable" by our scouting report.

As an fmr Pats coach from 1993-1996 one said, "Look, football players aren't all choir boys. Ok?".

Note that the Globe article says former Patriots teammate which seems more ambiguous than just saying Patriots teammate. No idea if this is from a player currently on the roster or not.

The taking of Easley in round one wasn't just your run of the mill 'risk', which is why he was available in the first place, and is why there was such a split on the choice even on a hugely homer slanted board like this one.
I know that but it's difficult to ignore what Easley flashed in College and it's damn well difficult to ignore the small sample size of on-field NFL destructive capabilities he showed.

As you've alluded to, it wasn't a run of the mill risk gamble which means it had the potential to be a monumental hit or a monumental failure. Unfortunately, it worked out as the latter but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. The only thing I'm surprised at is how wrong the Pats appear to have got the character assessment.

Draft always a crap shoot and winners are rare. BB seems to gamble more than most (injuries, attitude). Sometimes he wins (Gronk) and more often he loses (Easley). But not usually with a first round pick.

Whatever......you gotta break a few yolks if you wanna make a soufflé

F*ck 'im .... He's gone....

At least we didn't pass on Connor Barwin to get him..... I don't think I'll ever get over that one

Another tidbit from Reiss.

Link

Interesting, lots of NBA players fly to Germany to have work done on their knees. Kobe was kind of a trailblazer in that regard, I wonder if Easley was experimenting with PRPT. If so, just based on its track record with other professional athletes I think it would be a mistake to just dismiss it out of hand.

If Easley ends up on the Broncos, this could potentially come back to haunt us. It he ever gets healthy, he's really really talented. It's going to be tough to stomach losing two first round talents off the DL, in addition to not having a first rounder this year.

So does that mean teams 1-29 or whatever passed on him?

Damn. Hes already on the Island of Misfit Toys.

I think it's just the only team we know of who submitted a claim

Hopefully another team swoops in within the 24 hour timeframe

Bad pick from the get go.

Thankfully, this draft is deep in DE/DT. Just get it right this time.

I know that but it's difficult to ignore what Easley flashed in College and it's damn well difficult to ignore the small sample size of on-field NFL destructive capabilities he showed.

Sure, but it's the GM's job to 'ignore' that when appropriate.

As you've alluded to, it wasn't a run of the mill risk gamble which means it had the potential to be a monumental hit or a monumental failure. Unfortunately, it worked out as the latter but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. The only thing I'm surprised at is how wrong the Pats appear to have got the character assessment.

but in the context of what you'd posted:

The problem with risk around here is for some reason, people only want it to work out in the Pats favor. That's the thing about risk, it's risk! When it works out the Pats are amazing, when it blows up the Pats shouldn't have done it. You can't have it both ways.

When you're taking this level of risk, especially in round 1, you do it knowing you deserve to get slammed if it doesn't pan out, because it's an inherently stupid thing to do, whether it works out or not. Again, even a site that slants homer as much as this one does showed a huge split about taking the guy. The idea that people can't say that the pick shouldn't have been made because people are trying to have it both ways is silly.

I'm amazed that the Pats managed to keep things quiet for so long. Who are the other "turds" on the team that we don't know about? He's obviously not the only one, but we're not about to find out about anybody else, I'm sure.

Sure, but it's the GM's job to 'ignore' that when appropriate.

but in the context of what you'd posted:

When you're taking this level of risk, especially in round 1, you do it knowing you deserve to get slammed if it doesn't pan out, because it's an inherently stupid thing to do, whether it works out or not. Again, even a site that slants homer as much as this one does showed a huge split about taking the guy. The idea that people can't say that the pick shouldn't have been made because people are trying to have it both ways is silly.
No it's not. It either works or it doesn't. You're either going to be praised or slammed. In this instance, they're being slammed.

No it's not. It either works or it doesn't. You're either going to be praised or slammed. In this instance, they're being slammed.

Ok, you apparently didn't bother to read what was written, despite it having been you who wrote it.

Sheesh!

I think it's just the only team we know of who submitted a claim

Hopefully another team swoops in within the 24 hour timeframe
I thought the tweet was false?? I'm confused

So I go look at the 2014 draft and the 2nd round is a steaming pile of garbage

The pats actually could have done worse, and not much better at leas not on defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back