PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Release Dominique Easley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill has been known to make some head scratchers. This might be another one. I was willing to give easley this year to make an impact.

I didn't want the pick back then and even discussed that in the draft forum a few times but I was ok with the selection, it was a huge gamble and that was the clear consensus after the draft.

Easley was a dynamic disruptive force up the middle and had more QB pressures and sacks per snap played than anyone else. Which is something you don't find often. This absolutely sucks.

Another tidbit from Reiss.

Easley spent some time in Germany and one person close to him relayed that he was experimenting with different rehabilitation options for his knee.

Link

Micro fracture? He's undersized, maybe he was going to gradually lose his effectiveness?

Easley was a dynamic disruptive force up the middle and had more QB pressures and sacks per snap played than anyone else. Which is something you don't find often. This absolutely sucks.

Yep. In 2015 he generated more QB pressures per pass than any DT in the league.

His loss hurts, but it can be overcome.

There seems to be some rumblings that this is an off field issue

Regardless of whether this was BB doing a guy a favor by cutting him early, or a situation where he's being made an example of - that no one is safe - and that a 1st rounder has no more right to a roster spot than an UFA, both have a positive effect on the team, regardless of which

It's just worth remembering at the is juncture - it's not a question of whether a team WILL make a mistake with a bust. That's a given - all teams do.

It's a question of a coach being unafraid to make an additional mistake by keeping the player on the team and roster

BB is couragoues when it comes to all of that, openly addmitting his mistakes - and it's one of the things that sets him apart

Though even there, sometimes BB changes his system between a 3-4 and 4-3 etc and just doesn't need the same players who maybe never quite fit into his system either. So sometimes it's not so much a guy is a bust - he's just no longer a match

Anyways I won't be shocked if we hear some negative character info come out on Easley soon

Wow! I just saw this. I feel like I just got punched in the gut.

And.... there we are
I suppose, but he is just putting out a theory, he's not saying that he's getting that theory from anyone inside the Patriots organization. Same as what he said on WEEI, it's just one possible explanation. He never used the magic words 'sources close to the team', 'sources in the locker room', etc. No sourcing whatsoever.

This has been one wild offseason for Patriots fans. I had high hopes for Easley and I'm disappointed to see him go but if there are question marks about his professionalism, that reflects poorly on their character assessment of Easley.

I can't help but feel this is going to make the draft all the more interesting.

Wow! I just saw this. I feel like I just got punched in the gut.
I know, just like when they tore down the Turkey Farm and put up a Barnes and Noble.
I can't help but feel this is going to make the draft all the more interesting.
That's why I laugh when other fan bases think life as a Pats fan is so easy. We get these totally unexpected moves every year.

I've read the theories from the media and I don't buy any of them. Something happened we don't yet know about.

2014 Patriots Draft Picks | NEPatriotsDraft.com - 2014 NFL Draft

1st Round – Dominique Easley (DL Florida) – 29th Pick
2nd Round – Jimmy Garoppolo (QB, Eastern Illinois) 62nd Pick
4th Round – Bryan Stork (OL, Florida State) – 105th Pick
4th Round – James White (RB, Wisconsin) – 130th Pick
4th Round – Cameron Fleming (OT, Stanford) – 140th Pick
6th Round – Jon Halapio (G, Florida) – 179th Pick
6th Round – Zach Moore (DE, Concoria) – 198th Pick
6th Round – Jemea Thomas (DB, Georgia Tech) – 206th Pick
7th Round – Jeremy Gallon (WR, Michigan) – 244th Pick

If Andrews beats out Stork for the starting C job, there is a chance we won't have one player from the 2014 draft make any impact for us next year. Fleming probably won't make the team, Jimmy G will be the backup QB, and White will be competing for the last RB spot.

Jimmy G needs to either become a franchise QB or get us a 2nd round pick in return to salvage the draft. Ironically we found one of the best UDFAs of all time in this class too.

What about the undrafted free agent CB from West Alabama that helped us win a Superbowl? I bet in a redraft he would be a first rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents