As of today, practice squad looks like this:
OL Thomas Austin
FB Eric Kettani
WR Sam Kirkland
OL Matt Kopa
TE Alex Silvestro
LB Jeff Tarpinian
DB Malcolm Williams

So there we have obviously mostly guys who serve as backups, but are there enough developmental players in regards to different skill positions?

I would like to see a RB added there, just to try and find another downhill runner in case either Bolden or Ridley goes down on a injury. Vereen and Woodhead neither qualify for that role and two scatbacks is more than enough, but with downhill runners I would prefer having some insurance policy.

Ofc we have Hernandez who can also play as a RB, but I dont know whether he is a downhill-type of guy as a RB.

Also, bringing in more WRs might also be a good idea. Our active roster WR depth is shallow at the moment, and our future on that position looks also a bit rugged. Despite PS players rarely see real action they are the in facto backups for the first team after the trade deadline, and at least they get a chance to learn the style of offense and perhaps come better equipped to the OTAs next year to fight for a roster spot.

Last edited:
I'm fine with this group, as the whole practice squad seems to be dynamic.

Most of these guys are familiar with the Pats System, and if needed they know their roles and the Patriots way..

Then there is the "shadow roster"....

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Ebert was claimed?

Surprised not to see his name there.

Ebert wasn't claimed. Only 29 players were. The Patriots had 4 hours of exclusivity to sign him (only teams who waive a player can sign him in the first 4 hours) and it didn't happen either because they didn't want to or he didn't want to. Haven't seen anyone else sign him to their squad so maybe they kick the tires of the guys they did sign and revisit him if they don't like what they see over the next week or so.

PS remain pretty fluid throughout the season as assessments/needs evolve and other opportunities (waived players) present themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back