PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots not receiving serious offers for 3rd pick

Right. To me, the offers will heat up as soon as Washington picks.
movie-draft-day.gif
Only a few minutes to make a deal.

Minnesota: "Okay, now that we know Maye is available, we are good to trade. We'll send you 11+23+our 2025 first like you were asking for."

Wolf: "Sorry guys that offer expired 1 minute ago. The new price is 11+23+your 2025 first+your 2026 first AND Christian Darrisaw."

Minnesota: "Whoa whoa what? That's robbery, we aren't paying that"

Wolf: "Hang on, the Giants are calling me."

Minnesota: "Jesus, wait. Let me talk to my people."

Wolf: "Hey Groh can you write 'Drake Maye' on this card for me please?"

Minnesota: "How about just the four firsts and no Darrisaw?"

Wolf: "Hey Groh how much time do we have to pick left, 2 minutes? Is New York still on the line? Oh wow, Vegas too? AND Denver? Wow!"

54 hours until we find out...

I don't see us passing on Maye or Daniels if at least one is available.

But at 3, we can pass on both if we can accept Mccarthy.

I certainly don't see them also passing on McCarthy.
===========
99% for NE picking a QB at 3 seems right seems right. The only possibility is to trade for 5 with the promise that LAC will pick a WR. We could accomplish this deal by drafting the WR and then trading him for the 4th or 5th pick.

I don't see us passing on Maye or Daniels if at least one is available.
I don't think we'd be hearing about a trade if we're in love with both of them.

i think it's still early and someone might come in with a strong offer (3 1st Rd picks?) day of or at the time the Pats are on the clock. they need to have a deal in mind that they will take and remember the Pats have ALL the leverage because we are content with taking our guy at #3

Minnesota: "Okay, now that we know Maye is available, we are good to trade. We'll send you 11+23+our 2025 first like you were asking for."

Wolf: "Sorry guys that offer expired 1 minute ago. The new price is 11+23+your 2025 first+your 2026 first AND Christian Darrisaw."

Wolf: "Hey Groh how much time do we have to pick left, 2 minutes? Is New York still on the line? Oh wow, Vegas too? AND Denver? Wow!"
In your best Kevin Costner voice, no doubt.

EDIT: Is there a cap on it? I seem to remember hearing on some podcast that they couldn't give a '26 pick.

Last edited:
Do we have the golden ticket?

In this hypothetical, if all those teams are so desperately trying to get Maye... I'd feel even more inclined to just draft the guy.

Still not sure why they keep twerking to the entire NFL about trading that pick. If the QB prospects in this class isn't worth a top 3 pick, who would be? It's one thing to pick up the phone when someone calls, quite another to be on camera and talk about how they welcome offers any chance they get

There's also no rush. If Maye is who a team really wants, we could just take him and dangle him as a trade before that team picks and knows they will lose leverage to trade for him.

That said, not a fan of trading down. If you are just going to trade down to get a QB with one of the picks anyways, just snag the QB. Too much risk involved. You trade with Minnesota and you open yourself to someone else trading up.

How much do the Pats really like Maye or Daniels if they are open to trading back?

They must not be too enthralled if they are considering it.

There's also no rush. If Maye is who a team really wants, we could just take him and dangle him as a trade before that team picks and knows they will lose leverage to trade for him.

That said, not a fan of trading down. If you are just going to trade down to get a QB with one of the picks anyways, just snag the QB. Too much risk involved. You trade with Minnesota and you open yourself to someone else trading up.
I now he turned out to suck but think about how you felt as picks 13 and 14 were happening and we were just hoping Mac would make it to 15. Sometimes you just have to trust the process and feel confident that if you trade back there are enough teams that want Alt, MHJ, Nabors, and whoever else that they won't trade out or take QBs.

How much do the Pats really like Maye or Daniels if they are open to trading back?

They must not be too enthralled if they are considering it.
and they are thinking about trades because of Draft Week media hype?

We simply don't know which QB we are willing to pick at 3. But, yes, we would only trade down didn't like Maye, Daniels or McCarthy. That's obvious.

Do we have the golden ticket?

I would say that we do.

Chicago is going Williams. If they don't chaos will unfold, IMO.

Washington NEEDS a QB...their room now has Mariota, Driskel, and Fromm. I'd say that even the Pats' QB room with Brissett, Zappe, and O'Rouke might be more promising. So, they are taking one of Daniels, Maye, or McCarthy unless they TRADE down for a massive haul....I don't think the new owner (s) want to accumulate draft capital...they want a new shiny toy QB.

That leaves us....honestly, we would do well by drafting one of: Daniels, Maye, and McCarthy. We also could draft Harrison Jr. if we wanted to...maybe the Cardinals/Giants /Chargers would swap places with us for one of the WRs. We could even draft Joe Alt too by moving back a little bit. Or we could trade the pick for a minimum of THREE FIRSTS. Any less than THREE FIRSTS, I am gonna be livid...because I think the pick...while a risk with any QB until you see them in a live NFL game....is damn well worth it.

So, yup...tl;dr...we got the golden ticket unless the Commanders or the Bears want to shock the world....

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back