PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots have contacted Jabari Greer

Status
Not open for further replies.
What have you seen of Wheatley last year that the rest of us didn't? Fact of the matter is that all we know about him is that he has promise. He wasn't on the field enough in his rookie year for any of us to know anything about him... good or bad.

It's often hard to tell in that first yr, especially if they're not getting tons and tons of reps. I remember it wasn't too long ago many of the posters here were very much down on Meriweather, look how he improved after yr 1. We need more time to look at T.Wheatley and obviously BB liked him, so his judgement is probably best. Basically, everything you were thinking

Last edited:
draft one high in the draft....then will have three or four in their frist contract.....we need better pass rushers.....I trust our main man Bill....

I believe that we have signed 3-4 free agent defensive backs every year for many years. This year won't be any different.

Different teams manage the cap differently and budget differently for different positions. Cornerback is a very strange position in cap and budget management for the patriots. The team seems to believe that the market price for starting corners is too high. The team also seems to rate first round corners lower in value than other teams. The result is that we spend top draft picks and top free agent money on other positions. We get our corners in the 2nd through the 4th round, from free agent jags and an occasional trade.

Has our strategy worked? Some would say "of course not"; look at our corners! Well, the money has been used elsewhere on defense. We tend to spend much more of our resources on our front seven. I agree with this strategy and would not be at all be surprised to see us draft a linebacker and defensive lineman in our first four picks.

Rotoworld's "analysis" of the Patriots is sorely lacking.
I agree. Their comment:

The Pats drafted a pair of mid-round corners last year (Terrence Wheatley, Jonathan Wilhite) and neither stepped up.

doesn't make sense. WHeatley was doing fine until he went on IR, and Wilhite was a middle-round rookie who filled in very well when he had to start due to injuries of the rest of the defensie backfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back