PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots have contacted Jabari Greer

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Hate to see them meet his original salary demands, but Picking up Greer would likely be the best available CB. Greer and Bodden would ensure one decent vet, but would it be worth the dough?

Fantasy Football, Baseball and Basketball - news, projections, rankings, draft guide - Rotoworld.com

In addition to Leigh Bodden and Shawn Springs, the Patriots have reportedly been in touch with free agent CB Jabari Greer.
Greer was never a difference maker in Buffalo, but New England is sorely in need of stability at cornerback. The Pats drafted a pair of mid-round corners last year (Terrence Wheatley, Jonathan Wilhite) and neither stepped up.

No thanks. Take bodden and draft a cornerback. We still have terrence wheatley.

Rotoworld's "analysis" of the Patriots is sorely lacking.

Yeah, it's parrot's work for sure. Wheatley was the unfortunate recipiet of whatever curse was eating our D in gulps last year and Wilhite was coming on.

Yup. Deep draft for corners. The D. backfield will be much improved this year.

Of course, it couldn't get that much worse. :(

The Pats drafted a pair of mid-round corners last year (Terrence Wheatley, Jonathan Wilhite) and neither stepped up.

Kind of hard to on the sidelines.

The corners got much better over the last 6 weeks of the season. I think both Wheatley and Wilhite looked decent once they had a few games under their belts. I wouldn't want to see them starting, but I'm not uncomfortable with them in nickel and dime situations.

Bringing in a veteran to team with Hobbs, Wilhite, Wheatley, and a rookie makes all sorts of sense.

Looking seriously at Greer, Bodden, and Springs is good news.
Hopefully they will consider Bartell and McFadden, and find the best fit to the system and cap.

Bringing in a veteran to team with Hobbs, Wilhite, Wheatley, and a rookie makes all sorts of sense.

Looking seriously at Greer, Bodden, and Springs is good news.
Hopefully they will consider Bartell and McFadden, and find the best fit to the system and cap.

Bringing in guys for a look is an exercise in futility unless the Patriots

raise the bar salary wise.

Bringing in guys for a look is an exercise in futility unless the Patriots

raise the bar salary wise.

How do you know what the bar is, salary wise? And please don't say that it can't be high enough because Bodden didn't get signed. The Pats didn't have the salary cap space on Friday to add Bodden after having signed Taylor and Baker.

Last edited:
How do you know what the bar is, salary wise? And please don't say that it can't be high enough because Bodden didn't get signed. The Pats didn't have the salary cap space on Friday to add Bodden after having signed Taylor and Baker.

My skepticism is based on the fact that the Patriots haven't signed

a good free agent cornerback since Tyrone Poole. I will be pleasantly

surprised if they sign Bodden, Greer, or Springs.

rotoworld says greer wants a deal like foxworth...
for those money is not better bodden?

Last edited:
rotoworld says greer wants a deal like foxworth...
for those money is not better bodden?

This trend increases the value of DB draft picks like Wheatley and Wilhite. Also, the writing is on te wall for Hobbs to leave next winter.

Hopefully a vet like Springs will not want a fortune.

My skepticism is based on the fact that the Patriots haven't signed

a good free agent cornerback since Tyrone Poole. I will be pleasantly

surprised if they sign Bodden, Greer, or Springs.

What "good" free agent corners have they had for a visit since they signed Ty Poole?

BTW, I don't consider Springs to be a good CB. But Bryant McFadden is also available.

1.) Did Tyrone Poole just get referenced as a "good cornerback"? ;)

2.) If the price of #2 and #3 CBs is going to be 7 mil per in FA then teams will start making CBs in the draft a higher priority.. I am not sure what Wheatley gets but say it is 1.5 per - is someone like Foxworth really worth 5.5 million more than him? No way... roll the dice three times if you want and you are still a couple mil shy of that 7 mil per figure..

What "good" free agent corners have they had for a visit since they signed Ty Poole?

BTW, I don't consider Springs to be a good CB. But Bryant McFadden is also available.

The only decent guy I can remember is Deshea Townsend. I think

the Patriots thought they had an agreement with him but he re-signed

with Pittsburgh the next day.

1.) Did Tyrone Poole just get referenced as a "good cornerback"? ;)

2.) If the price of #2 and #3 CBs is going to be 7 mil per in FA then teams will start making CBs in the draft a higher priority.. I am not sure what Wheatley gets but say it is 1.5 per - is someone like Foxworth really worth 5.5 million more than him? No way... roll the dice three times if you want and you are still a couple mil shy of that 7 mil per figure..

Tyrone Poole was a good cornerback when the Patriots signed

him in 2003. He had a good season in 2003 and then had some injuries

and seemed to lose his desire to play.

No thanks on Greer. The guy was essentially a Nickel corner in Buffalo last season. And, from what I saw of him, I was not terribly impressed. I'd much rather us go after McFadden or Bodden.

Wheatly...now that's a real "no thanks".
Plus "Ellis" Wheatley was a dreaded "second rounder", not mid draft.
DW Toys

Wheatly...now that's a real "no thanks".
Plus "Ellis" Wheatley was a dreaded "second rounder", not mid draft.
DW Toys

What have you seen of Wheatley last year that the rest of us didn't? Fact of the matter is that all we know about him is that he has promise. He wasn't on the field enough in his rookie year for any of us to know anything about him... good or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots