PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Inactives: Warren, Wilfork, Neal, Kaczur, Taylor, Pryor, Wheatley, Stanback

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
New England Patriots (realpatriots) on Twitter

The Patriots list Isaiah Stanback as their inactive 3rd QB & deactivate Terrence Wheatley, in addition to 6 players downgraded 2 out.

Here's how the inactives were listed on the injury report:

DE - Ty Warren
OUT - Ankle*

NT - Vince Wilfork
OUT - Foot**

OT - Nick Kaczur
OUT - Shoulder**

RB - Fred Taylor
OUT - Ankle**

OG - Stephen Neal
OUT - Ankle**

DT - Myron Pryor
OUT - Chest**

CB - Terrence Wheatley
-none-

3rd QB - Isaiah Stanback
-none-

And the active players on the injury report:

QUESTIONABLE
WR - Sam Aiken (Shoulder)**
OLB/DE - Tully Banta-Cain (Shoulder)**
WR - Julian Edelman (Forearm)**
DE - Jarvis Green (Knee)**
TE - Benjamin Watson (Knee)*

PROBABLE
CB - Leigh Bodden (Thigh)**
QB - Tom Brady (Right Shoulder/Right Finger/Rib)**
CB - Shawn Springs (Knee)***

* = did not participate in practice
** = limited participation in practice
*** = full participation in practice

Today's Expected Depth Chart:

QB - Brady
QB - Hoyer
3rd QB - Stanback

RB - Maroney
RB - Faulk
RB - Morris
RB - Green-Ellis

TE - Watson
TE - Baker

WR - Moss
WR - Welker
WR - Aiken

WR - Edelman
WR/S - Slater

LT - Light
LG - Mankins
C - Koppen
RG - Connolly
RT - Vollmer

OT - LeVoir
OG/C - Ohrnberger

LE - Wright
NT - Brace
RE - Green

DT - Adams

LOLB - Thomas
SILB - Mayo
WILB - Guyton
ROLB - Banta-Cain

OLB - Woods
OLB - Ninkovich
OLB - Burgess
ILB - Seau
ILB - Alexander

LCB - Springs
RCB - Bodden
S - Meriweather
S - Sanders

CB - Wilhite
CB - Butler
S - Chung
S - McGowan
CB - Arrington

K - Gostkowski
P - Hanson
LS - Ingram

Last edited:
I did think it might be that..but it made sense..5 OUT in the trenches..not good.

LOLB - Banta-Cain
SILB - Mayo
WILB - Guyton
ROLB - Thomas

OLB - Woods
OLB - Ninkovich
OLB - Burgess
ILB - Seau
ILB - Alexander

Wow. You have Adalius Thomas going from a healthy inactive no dress to a starter in one week. I guess we will see in about an hour.

Last edited by a moderator:
The kindergarten punishment is over, or do really think that Ninkovich is the best starter at this point? BTW, I could see Nonkovich starting to continue the punichment, and then Thomas getting more reps than Ninkovich.

Wow. You have Adalius Thomas going from a healthy inactive no dress to a starter in one week. I guess we will see in about an hour.

Last edited:
Gonna have a D with lotsa LBs wandering around and safetys playing run support. Should be an interesting challenge for BB.

The wind is the factor in the Pats air attack. I'd like to see ball control O to keep our DL rested.

I have no idea. I usually adjust these at the start of the game.

1 d lineman in reserve,that is real thin... maybe it is time to develop the 2-5 defense...

My guess is that the Pats will play a 4-3 the entire game. With the 2 DEs being TBC and Burgess... And with Adams and Brace rotating in to spell Wright and Green..

This will be an IRON MAN game for those 4.

1 d lineman in reserve,that is real thin... maybe it is time to develop the 2-5 defense...

We're thin. I suppose if Brace isn't counted, we have only one backup. But, then, perhaps it's fair not to count Brace.

3-4 WITHOUT BRACE
Burgeess, Wright, Green
Adams

4-3 WITHOUT BRACE
Burgess, Wright, Green, Banta-Cain
Adams

My bottom line is that we will need to count on either Adams or Brace as our backups. I just hope that neither gets many reps.

We're thin. I suppose if Brace isn't counted, we have only one backup. But, then, perhaps it's fair not to count Brace.

3-4 WITHOUT BRACE
Burgeess, Wright, Green
Adams

4-3 WITHOUT BRACE
Adams

My bottom line is that we will need to count on either Adams or Brace as our backups. I just hope that neither gets many reps.

Burgess is not a DE in the 3-4.

At least Edelman appears to be healthy now. Hope he gets some kickoffs.

Looking at that DL depth is very scary though

3-4 WITHOUT BRACE
Burgeess, Wright, Green
Adams

4-3 WITHOUT BRACE
Adams

With only Wright and Green as 3-4 DE's, I think you have to assume that either Adams or Brace plays NT in the 3-4. Otherwise, we play a lot of 4-3 with Wright and Green in the middle, and Burgess/TBC/AD/Ninkovich at DE.

The kindergarten punishment is over, or do really think that Ninkovich is the best starter at this point? BTW, I could see Nonkovich starting to continue the punichment, and then Thomas getting more reps than Ninkovich.

If not for salary cap ramifications Adalius Thomas would have been cut already.

Brace is starting at NT. Just got triple-teamed on a run.

Burgess is not a DE in the 3-4.

FWIW, Burgess just moved to LDE in the 3-4 and Wright at NT. Haven't seen that before. My apologies.

Brace is back in at NT, Wright back to LDE.

Ok I dont really know how the whole 3rd qb works but i saw a 15 on the sideline!!! Is that Stanback and is hoyer injured or something or is that tyree barnes?

Ok I dont really know how the whole 3rd qb works but i saw a 15 on the sideline!!! Is that Stanback and is hoyer injured or something or is that tyree barnes?

Stanback is #15.

The third quarterback is technically active; if he comes into the game before the fourth quarter, neither the first or second QB can come back in.

Hoyer is not injured. He is active.

Tyree Barnes is in the Navy.

Last edited:
Thats what i thought I just was confused because prior to Stanback getting some reps in for us he was on the sideline in work out clothes holding a clipboard! Today he had shoulder pads on so i got a bit confused! thanks for the clarification!

If Stanbeck is our #3 receiver, than that means 7 Starters were out in today's games. Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back