PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots draft FSU center Bryan Stork in 4th round with 105th overall pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't koppen start his rookie year?
Yes. But only after Compton went down to injury.. The Pats moved Woody to guard and Koppen took over at Center.

Yes. But only after Compton went down to injury.. The Pats moved Woody to guard and Koppen took over at Center.

Wasn't Compton already playing some center because woody couldn't snap?

Wasn't Compton already playing some center because woody couldn't snap?
Compton was the starting Guard with Andruzzi at the other guard position. Yes, Compton would snap on shot-gun plays with Woody taking his position. But then Compton got hurt. They moved Woody to Guard permanently and Koppen took-over at Center. Then Woody got hurt and Gorin (?) took over.

Dante Scarnecchia played a key role in Pats' drafting of Stork and Fleming. Met with both while on staff. Raved about their football IQ
Jeff Howe @jeffphowe

So I take it Scar gave Bill his stamp of approval on Stork.

Favorite pick of the draft. Injuries were minor enough he played through them in the championship game, smart enough not to risk them sprinting/lifting etc during the off-season, even though it may have cost him some money. And that interview?! Get this kid on the field and Wendell on the bench.

Favorite pick of the draft. Injuries were minor enough he played through them in the championship game, smart enough not to risk them sprinting/lifting etc during the off-season, even though it may have cost him some money. And that interview?! Get this kid on the field and Wendell on the bench.

I actually think Wendell will be a casualty. I do not pick him to make the final 53. Both he and Connolly have high salaries with little guaranteed. I believe Connolly stays because he can swing and is athletic. When he is in top form, he can pull like no other.

I actually think Wendell will be a casualty. I do not pick him to make the final 53. Both he and Connolly have high salaries with little guaranteed. I believe Connolly stays because he can swing and is athletic. When he is in top form, he can pull like no other.
You think he's better than Mankins? I don't know, man. Maybe when Mankins is injured/fighting injuries and Connolly is healthy. But, when healthy, Mankins is the best pulling guard in the league IMO. Look at the havoc he was wreaking during the divisional round this year.

You think he's better than Mankins? I don't know, man. Maybe when Mankins is injured/fighting injuries and Connolly is healthy. But, when healthy, Mankins is the best pulling guard in the league IMO. Look at the havoc he was wreaking during the divisional round this year.

When Mankins was in his prime, nobody could touch him but IMHO he hasn't been himself the last season or two. Maybe I am being overtly critical of Mankins, but.. Connolly does get to the 2nd level pretty good.

Anyway I was thinking Connolly starts at center until Stork is good to go and then he stays on as a swing, backup G and C.

If Wendell makes the roster he will make all that money right? If he's cut it's just a small amount, that what most people expected when the details came up. Now drafting a good center Wendell will have to sweat blood to make the roster, he's the 3rd on the depth chart in my opinion, if they could not get their center I think BB would move Connolly.

By the way Stork is my favorite pick in this draft. I'm really excited, Mankins game will get back to the top with him no having to cover Wendell's flaws.

By the way Stork is my favorite pick in this draft. I'm really excited, Mankins game will get back to the top with him no having to cover Wendell's flaws.

Brandon Stork was the key necessary acquisition. But don't discount the enabler Cameron Fleming. Fleming allows the cascade of changes that results in the O-Line improvement. Fleming as a competent swing RT, enables Cannon to move to RG, which enables Connolly to go back to Center.

When Stork is ready, he takes older Connolly's Center job, and enables him to swing G/C and enables him to battle with the younger Wendell there.

If you look, at the 40-yard dash, Stork and Halapio strike you as much less athletic as our current players but how often does a lineman run a 40-yard dash full speed? Look at the 10-yard splits –

-Nate Solder – 1.72
-Sebastian Vollmer – 1.77
-Bryan Stork – 1.81
-Jon Halapio – 1.83
-Dan Connolly – 1.83
-Marcus Cannon – 1.84
-Cameron Fleming – 1.85
-Logan Mankins – 1.85

Stork who had the worst 40-yard dash time actually had the best 10-yard time of any interior lineman.

The point of my previous post is I am preparing to eat some crow on the Stork and Halapio picks, I think I may have been wrong when I said that they lacked the athleticism needed to play for us.

This the OL I would run with, it would be dominate in my opinion once Stork and Cannon become acclimated.

LT-Solder-6'8" 320lbs
LG-Mankins-6'4" 310lbs
OC-Stork-6'4" 315lbs
RG-Cannon-6'5" 335lbs
RT -Vollmer-6'8" 320lbs
Swing OT-Fleming-6'5" 323lbs
Backup OG/OC-Connolly-6'4" 315lbs
Backup OG-Halapio-6'4" 325lbs

I still think Cameron Fleming was the enabling acquisition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes