Patriots confessional

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchick

Moderatrix
Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Any guilty Patriots secrets to get off your chest? These have been weighing on me:

1. I think Ron Borges consistently writes the best leads in town. His lead after the Arizona game -- "Apparently, Junior Seau is still an impact player. All he had to do last night was show up on the Jumbotron screen and the Patriots' run defense improved." -- slayed me. (But at least I felt bad about myself afterwards.)

2. When Adam Vinatieri left...I didn't particularly care.

Thanks for listening. I'm off to drink some expiatory koolaid.

patchick said:
Any guilty Patriots secrets to get off your chest? These have been weighing on me:

1. I think Ron Borges consistently writes the best leads in town. His lead after the Arizona game -- "Apparently, Junior Seau is still an impact player. All he had to do last night was show up on the Jumbotron screen and the Patriots' run defense improved." -- slayed me. (But at least I felt bad about myself afterwards.)

You start one little melon stand and now your feeling overwhelmed with football sin...

Item 2 works for me, same same with Willie Mac. Givens I'll miss, also Dwightning (I hated seeing that he was one of Noodles favorites in preseason).

Guilty? H'mmm, wasn't thrilled with Maroney's drafting, guess I can live with it now. ;) And I still want Mike Hass in a Patriots' uniform.

I have spent waaaaaay too much on Pats gear this summer looking forward to the season -- jackets, sweatshirts, etc. EBay and the Reebok online sale ... Got some great bargains, but it's addictive.

patchick said:
Any guilty Patriots secrets to get off your chest?
Yes

1) I have a man-crush on Logan Mankins (but I think that may be common knowledge)

2) I am very much concerned that Tom is not seriously seeing women more his age

I inwardly and outwardly bristle everytime someone suggests that Corey Dillon is done now that Lomo is waiting in the wings. I wonder whether or not they'd be saying that about Corey if we'd drafted Manny Lawson instead of Maroney.

I think that Ellis Hobbs is the best cornerback on the team, and I also think that Asante Samuel has alot to prove this season or he'll be an FA in the offseason.

I don't understand some posters infatuation with Samuel, who historically has been a great preseason and TC Cb, but merely a good (for his rookie and sophmore seasons) backup and fill-in and a horrible starter (2005).

I am secretly rooting for Bam Childress to make the final roster with a little too much fervor. I admit I have yet another man-crush.

i'm secretly sick of hearing about the whole Branch thing... just sign a damn contract!

Broomer said:
Yes

1) I have a man-crush on Logan Mankins (but I think that may be common knowledge)

2) I am very much concerned that Tom is not seriously seeing women more his age

:rofl:

I have still not been able to bring myself to watch the DVD of the Denver game. :eek:

Mike the Brit said:
:rofl:

I have still not been able to bring myself to watch the DVD of the Denver game. :eek:

Don't do it. It's like watching Faces of Death a second time, with your mother in the room.

I threw my copy away. I get chills even when I see the replays on ESPN when they recap our 2005 season. And the youtube videos? Oh those are horrible.

I was a huge fan of the Montana 49ers, and I see 49ers-Patriots comparisons all the time, not just in players, but also timeline and specific plays and games.

Okay,this should be cathartic:

Shmessy (screaming at the top of his lungs) September 2001:

"Why are they bringing in the skinny Irish kid when we have a proven veteran like Huard?????????"

Last edited:
- I was so pissed when the Pats drafted Gostkowski so high, I went out, mowed the lawn and didn't watch the rest of the draft.

- I secretly felt the Pats gave up too much to the Jets for Belichick when it happened.

- I always felt Ted Johnson was overrated (still do).

- When I visited Heinz Field in the spring of 2005, I was given a private tour of the facility and when my guide left me alone for a few minutes in the stands, I slapped a "Patriots WBCN" bumper sticker on the back of one of those ugly yellow stadium seats. It may still be there for all I know.

During the Pats home loss to the Jets in December of 2002, I told a guy dressed as Santa, "All I want for Christmas is Drew Bledsoe back."

i honestly think NEM should be our offensice coordinator......ok maybe not.

1. I want to be more of a homer but sometimes I have doubts.

2. I need to get over my shyness about stating what I think about Rodney's comeback.

3. I read BOX_O_ROCKS and PATS1 game breakdowns but I pretend not to.

patchick said:

When Pete Carroll was fired I wanted Schottenheimer over Belichick:eek:
It's wasn't one of my best decisions:D

In 2003, I thought our season was over when in the same game -in Philly - Rosey went down for the year and backup rookie Dan Koppen had his first start due to an injury to our center.

Oh ye of little faith!!

1. I thought we gave up too much for BB. (I was wrong)

2. I thought we made a mistake not putting Bledsoe back in once her was healthy.(I was wrong again)

3. I had to stop playing my office football pool. I never won because I could never bring myself to go against the Pats or for the Cowboys or the Jets.

1. I drafted Peyton Manning in my FF leauge one year.

2. I played Peyton vs the Patriots.

3. I was sure Corey Dillon was going to destroy the team chemistry.

In hindsight (knowing Bledsoe turned out healthy), I'm SOOOOOO glad Mo Lewis laid that hit on him in Sept. 2001. Sounds mean, but I don't care.

I thought 2004 was done once both Law and Poole went down for the year. Great front-sevens can be undone by shaky CB play (see '86 Bears, also a defending SB champ).

I wish Adam, Willie, Givens & Andruzzi were still on the team, all circumstances notwithstanding.

I think the 2001 Pats are the least talented champion in the superbowl era, but compensated with an AMAZING ability to make play after play after play when needed, especially in the postseason. If they didn't make all those clutch plays, they would have looked just like the 2002 team.

Regards,
Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back