PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots confessional

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Andy Katzenmoyer would retire as a Patriot. Little did I know it would be so soon.

Brownfan80 said:
I inwardly and outwardly bristle everytime someone suggests that Corey Dillon is done now that Lomo is waiting in the wings. I wonder whether or not they'd be saying that about Corey if we'd drafted Manny Lawson instead of Maroney.

I think that Ellis Hobbs is the best cornerback on the team, and I also think that Asante Samuel has alot to prove this season or he'll be an FA in the offseason.

I don't understand some posters infatuation with Samuel, who historically has been a great preseason and TC Cb, but merely a good (for his rookie and sophmore seasons) backup and fill-in and a horrible starter (2005).

I am secretly rooting for Bam Childress to make the final roster with a little too much fervor. I admit I have yet another man-crush.

1. I am with you on Corey and Ellis
2. I would rather have Givens than Branch
3. I spend way to much time on this site to the point that I think it is affecting my job performance and any Patriots news I read or hear my first thought is how it will go over on the patsfans board....oh dear, please start the season stat.

I thought the 2003 season went down the tubes when we cut Lawyer Milloy the week before the first game and then went to Buffalo and got killed 31-0!

I really don't mean most of the things I say on this board, I just say them to be the devil's advovate and get people fired up about things. It's boring when we all agree on every subject, which is the case a majority of the time. :D

I also agree that the 2001 Patriots are probably the least talented Super Bowl champions ever. Especially considering Brady and Seymour were young pups at the time, and not the superstars they are today. The Rams were more talented, the Patriots had the better coaching staff.

I still think Mike Reiss is overrated though. A good reporter, but nothing special like Patriots fans make him out to be. For me, being the team's mouthpiece doesn't make you a good journalist. Being objective does and in my opinion, he's TOO positive.

1. I named my chocolate lab Brady because obviously I have a huge crush on perfect 10 Tom! LOL

2. I girl crush on the cheerleaders because a couple of them are pretty hot! :D

3. I miss Antoine Smith :(

Kay, Nikki with a girl crush on the cheerleaders and patchick with her, um, fruit stand.... this place is getting interesting the past two days. ;)

Nikki said:

I think I love you -will you be my 4th wife?:cool:

Last edited:
I play well with others, so no worries ;)

NEM said:
I am having severe feelings of guilt about all the things I said about Charlie Weis. I am soooooo sorry.

See, I will do anything to win Pats Fan Of the Year this season... :D

Turn the VooDoo doll in to the Salvation Army and show us the receipt. Then maybe we'll believe you.:)

I remember I said that we would lose to Denver before the playoff game last season. And we did, it was just the feeling that we werent the under dogs and we dont usually have much success vs. the Broncos. But I feel wrong that I doubted that the Pats couldnt and wouldnt win that game. We did lose but I doubted BB and Tom Brady and the Pats. :(

1) Me in the 2002 offseason: "They got rid of the wrong quarterback."
2) Me in the 2003 regular season: "Oh man. 'Hate their coach.' Bad to worse."
3) Me when they got Belichik from NY: "Oh YEAH! We can be the next CLEVELAND!"
4) Me when the fruit stand issue was first raised: Really???

PFnV

PS, 5) Just resurrected the Pink Taco thread.

Last edited:
I once bet AGAINST the Patriots in a football pool - predicting they would lose a game. Actually I think I bet against them in many games.

Of course, it was during the Hugh Millen & Scott Secules era.

I paid my penance by actually attending games during those years, when games were blacked out and we had to sit on the cold cold aluminum seats that sucked the heat right out of your a~~

1. I don't think Matt Light is worth the money we pay him (significant cash!)

2. I'm afraid we really need Branch.

3. Excessive time spent on this forum is affecting my job performance.

4. The last non-preseason game I attended in Foxboro was when we beat the Bengals in the last week (during a TV blackout) to make the playoffs in 1985.

Nikki said:
1. I named my chocolate lab Brady because obviously I have a huge crush on perfect 10 Tom! LOL

3. I miss Antoine Smith :(
a messageboard has just aroused me and that's disturbing...what the heck -- PLEASE post again Nikki. and often.

which are your favorites?...we can pick this up in the cheerleader thread perhaps.

not sure about #3 though.;) nah, Antowain was a cool dude...I'd welcome him back -- but only as a media liaison kinda like Tipp.

1. Right before the 2001 playoffs I said, "Well its been a fun ride and Brady has been great but Brady is no Super Bowl QB."

2. I wanted Lawyer back (until about the fifth week of 03).

3. I loved the pick of Chris Canty.

1. I still love Deion as player, even though he's been a douchebag lately.

2. Willie leaving for the Browns was a crushing personal blow I am only now coming to grips with.

3. I rooted for Gramatica to miss all his kicks.

4. I still have serious doubts about Reche Caldwell ever being a productive player.

5. BB's injury secrecy policy is an ongoing source of frustration.

6. Stephen "The Drive Killer" Neal's penchant for incurring penalties makes me want see him benched or cut.

When Brady first took over I thought he kind of sucked and couldn't wait for Bledsoe to get back. Took me quite a few games to warm up to him.

Then when Brady got hurt in the playoffs the same year against the Steelers, I thought they were going to lose because Bledsoe had to play :D

As far as sports go, the Pats winning the SB the first time was my 2nd favorite moment ever(first at the time). Red Sox winning the WS is the first(I wept) :woohoo:

Most of these have been said before, but:

1) I thought Katzenmoyer was going to be a stud
2) repeat for Chris Canty
3) I stopped being a Patriots fan (fairweather style) after Lawyer got cut. I took pride in seeing his potential as a rook and I was pissed.

Just because these aren't embarrassing enough:

for the embarrassing factor: 98? 99? I lived in Colorado during Elway's hey-day Superbowl run. I got a ticket for underage drinking and evidently I never paid the fine (which to this day I swear I paid, but..). So..On SB day, when Den played GB, I got picked up on a warrant and being a long-hair. In those parts, if you aren't familiar, it isn't advised. Literally, the officer admitted she stopped me only b/c I had long hair. BTW: CO people hate NE people. Because DEN won, I received preferential treatment.

PS: I had paid the fine. Computer glitch. Worst thing: I was on my way to a pie eating contest when the grabbed me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thread.

I have developed that Richard Seymour-habit of pulling my shoulders back after I do something physical, very embarrassing.

the taildragger said:
a messageboard has just aroused me and that's disturbing...what the heck -- PLEASE post again Nikki. and often.

LOL :D

The more I post here, the more you will see I am a MAJOR flirt-a-holic ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes