PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots bring Pierre Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.
huh.gif
Why is Pierre working as a grounds keeper at Michigan so difficult to comprehend?

-- Most jobs require some notice period before you leave, but an NFL job offer requires you be immediately available. This is a job with an employer where he can arrange things to be immediately available if a team calls.
-- U of M may be paying him minimum wage, but he gets the benefit of their weight room and, by his own statement, professional strength & conditioning staff to stay fit & ready.
-- U of M football program gets the example of a player who has made a decent NFL career on the fringe and what kind of work ethic goes into being competitive in the NFL. I have little doubt that they enjoyed having him available to chat with their kids and with recruits, a real life U of M graduate who played in the Super Bowl and is on a first name basis with Tom Brady.
-- If ignoring TV and not dwelling on the waiver wire allows him to keep his focus and not get depressed over each opening which bypasses him, more power to him.
-- If working as grounds keeper helped pay the bills and kept him from dipping into any savings we hope he was smart enough to bank from his NFL career, smart move. In a tough economy, it's also likely doing things this way didn't take a job from someone who needs work to care for his family.

Truly my friend, the way Pierre handled things speaks to the reason NE doesn't mind bringing him back, he's smart and a hard worker. I applaud him.

"A Working Class Hero is something to be..."

...the way Pierre handled things speaks to the reason NE doesn't mind bringing him back, he's smart and a hard worker... [/QUOTE]

Too bad his talent doesn't come close to matching whatever smarts & work ethic
he may or may not have.

There are three things in the world that insult my Italian heritage: Mussolini, Lady Gaga, and this joke.

you mean Dennis Hopper's monologue on Sicilians in True Romance didn't offend you??

sure offended Vincent Cacardia....

gal_mob_true-romance.jpg

I almost forgot about this... remember when Dean Peas told Phil Simms that Woods best attribute was his 'ability to get after the passer'. That is a classic.

huh.gif
Why is Pierre working as a grounds keeper at Michigan so difficult to comprehend?

-- Most jobs require some notice period before you leave, but an NFL job offer requires you be immediately available. This is a job with an employer where he can arrange things to be immediately available if a team calls.
-- U of M may be paying him minimum wage, but he gets the benefit of their weight room and, by his own statement, professional strength & conditioning staff to stay fit & ready.
-- U of M football program gets the example of a player who has made a decent NFL career on the fringe and what kind of work ethic goes into being competitive in the NFL. I have little doubt that they enjoyed having him available to chat with their kids and with recruits, a real life U of M graduate who played in the Super Bowl and is on a first name basis with Tom Brady.
-- If ignoring TV and not dwelling on the waiver wire allows him to keep his focus and not get depressed over each opening which bypasses him, more power to him.
-- If working as grounds keeper helped pay the bills and kept him from dipping into any savings we hope he was smart enough to bank from his NFL career, smart move. In a tough economy, it's also likely doing things this way didn't take a job from someone who needs work to care for his family.

Truly my friend, the way Pierre handled things speaks to the reason NE doesn't mind bringing him back, he's smart and a hard worker. I applaud him.

I sure hope this is the case. It would make me shudder to think that he had to resort to being a groundskeeper for more dire reasons.

Pierre missed you too. :rocker:

I wish I could say the same.

I wouldn't be nearly as pissed-off as I am, if Bill had waived one of Wendell or OBurger instead,
esp. if Neal's annual injury isn't considered season-threatening.

Last edited:
you mean Dennis Hopper's monologue on Sicilians in True Romance didn't offend you??

gal_mob_true-romance.jpg

You'd probably do a lot better in life if you didn't rely on a high school dropout video store clerk for your history lessons.

And when did it become OK to mock someone's heritage on this board?

huh.gif

Thanks. Since you mention that he is a U of M graduate, it is easy to see why he was there and not at Foxboro itself, where he could earn the same minimum wage and best, work out something to have access to the equipment/facilities and be in touch with the trainers.

I didn't know that he was from U of M and hence found it difficult to comprehend - but fantastic in terms of inspiration and commitment - because this is not some ball boy we are talking about who got fired and then went on to take a minimum wage salary at a place far away from where he was employed the previous year.

This is a player in obviously great physical condition, who played with an elite team and with a great coach for the last few years, and obviously knows enough of the game/opponent to be expected to be on the field against a highly reputed opponent this weekend. So, count me among those perplexing if the U of M connection was not there.

No knock against groundsmen and min wage workers. It is reality that individauls who earn above income and are still at their peak, would not want to accept minimum wage jobs that soon.

That said , I agree with all your points - except the first one - which is why I was also applauding and admiring him. :)

On your first ponit - I believe that almost all minimum wage jobs can be quit in a day's notice. Desk job or managerial ones might involve some notice period.

Last edited:

Haha, I never saw True Romance.

You'd probably do a lot better in life if you didn't rely on a high school dropout video store clerk for your history lessons.

And when did it become OK to mock someone's heritage on this board?

Were you talking about me or him? Because I didn't take what he said as mocking at all.

Haha, I never saw True Romance.

Were you talking about me or him? Because I didn't take what he said as mocking at all.

Him, and you might take it differently if you did see the movie. Google true romance and Sicilian. Regardless of how you feel about it it doesn't belong here and you're probably not the only person here with Sicilian heritage.

Last edited:
well,a slight clarification...I am 1/4 Sicilian...1/4 Calabrese and 1/2 Irish...

Q:what are Hannibal Lecter's choices for Christmas dinner?

A: Lamb or Jeannie

Nice to know that you can boil my life down to that of a part-time video store clerk acolyte and in the same breath pontificate on the etiquette as YOU see it at a message board.Instead of armchair quarterback try electric chair wide receiver or hypersensitive space alien.

well,a slight clarification...I am 1/4 Sicilian...1/4 Calabrese and 1/2 Irish...

Q:what are Hannibal Lecter's choices for Christmas dinner?

A: Lamb or Jeannie

Nice to know that you can boil my life down to that of a part-time video store clerk acolyte and in the same breath pontificate on the etiquette as YOU see it at a message board.Instead of armchair quarterback try electric chair wide receiver or hypersensitive space alien.

I was referring to QuentinTarantino who wrote the movie while he was working at a video store after he dropped out of high school. He just might not be the best source of historical accuracy.

It's not etiquette that I see it, it is actually the board's code.

Your jokes are terrible.

you might try reading comprehension as a life changing skill

my reply to Sicilian was in response to HIS post where he listed those three items...my reply brought up a choice that it turns out he had not even seen...how YOU explode into intergalactic insanity over that and seemingly DEMAND "historical accuracy!!!!!!!" from my response makes me think you are the most anal retentive moron in internet history.

Here's another terrible joke just for you

you were so ugly at birth, the doctor slapped your mother..

kick some dirt on Rodney's grave and put me on ignore...:sleeping:

you might try reading comprehension as a life changing skill

my reply to Sicilian was in response to HIS post where he listed those three items...my reply brought up a choice that it turns out he had not even seen...how YOU explode into intergalactic insanity over that and seemingly DEMAND "historical accuracy!!!!!!!" from my response makes me think you are the most anal retentive moron in internet history.

Here's another terrible joke just for you

you were so ugly at birth, the doctor slapped your mother..

kick some dirt on Rodney's grave and put me on ignore...:sleeping:

You're right, that is another terrible joke. You probably shouldn't be lecturing people on reading comprehension. You're the one going of the deep end about this, not me.

Thanks.

On your first ponit - I believe that almost all minimum wage jobs can be quit in a day's notice. Desk job or managerial ones might involve some notice period.
De nada.

Hence the qualifier, it seems he used his connections that got himself an active job outside, at his age I was avoiding desk work too.

grabs popcorn.....

This internet battle is funny stuff......LOL :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft