PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots bring Pierre Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.
JO is da best :rocker:

Looks like Crable worked out for the Jets today:

Now, if you want to talk about your slow days…as the media was walking through the field house on our way to the locker room, we noticed one player, not currently a member of the team, doing what looked like a workout in front of a number of coaches, scouts and front office people. The team holds tryouts on a regular basis. However, we’re not usually around to see them. Now I had something to do. My mission: find out the guy’s name. I did have a clue, Braylon Edwards, who had been walking through the field house as well, went up to this person and greeted him warmly. OK, so likely a former Cleveland Browns player or a former University of Michigan player.

One of my fellow writers was also on the hunt. That person cleverly enlisted the help of a spy, however I trumped them. Braylon Edwards returned to the locker room and I made a beeline for him. The mystery tryout player was…linebacker Shawn Crable, most recently of the New England Patriots, and a former teammate of Edwards at Michigan.

The rest of the media and the PR staff basically laughed and pointed at me as I raced around grilling one player after the next before Edwards ultimately showed up. Of course, the exercise turned out to be entirely for naught when Crable himself showed up and sat down at an empty locker between Bart Scott and Damien Woody.

The team plays the Patriots in two weeks so they may, in fact, sign him. All Ryan would say in response to questions about Crable was, “He was really tall. Tall, skinny kid.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back