PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots bring Pierre Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.
so long as he doesn't let runningbacks strip fumbles away from him, hes welcome

After he has already recovered the ball and is down....

Maybe he is being sensible and realises that the amount he made is not going to last him that long so needs to work and save money to support his family.

I forgot where i read it, but around 90% (more or less don't remember the actuall number) of nfl players get broke after their are done with the game.

I'm surprised you joined in with the folks trying to read the worst into the reporting. You might need a vacation to clear your head if you're getting sucked in by the dark side posters!

How could I have joined in with them when I didn't read the article????

That being said, the points you made are valid.. However, doesn't mean I'd feel a twinge for the guy not having cable.. Also, Italia made it sound like Woods was hard-up for money.. *shrug*

How could I have joined in with them when I didn't read the article????

That being said, the points you made are valid.. However, doesn't mean I'd feel a twinge for the guy not having cable.. Also, Italia made it sound like Woods was hard-up for money.. *shrug*
Bad Italia. :snob:

Still, if Italia jumped off a bridge would you jump with him? :p

Bad Italia. :snob:

Still, if Italia jumped off a bridge would you jump with him? :p

That depends on how tall the bridge was and weather or not I had an inflatable air mattress.... :D:p

That depends on how tall the bridge was and weather or not I had an inflatable air mattress.... :D:p
:eek: Italia, air mattress! Too much information!

So excellent special teams play in your estimation equates to "no impact at all" on the outcome of a game?

Interesting.

If I asked to list the impact plays made by either man over their careers this would be your response:

"10 characters".

And this is no Steve Tasker, Matthew Slater, or even Tracy White on Special Teams, so let's not get all worked up over this 53/54th guy on the roster. All we know is that BB views him as better than worthless, which is what Crable was.

We could use my inflatable Jessica Alba doll?

Whadda ya say,DB?:yeahthat:

BTW...that reminds me....

what's the fastest car in Italy??????

the ***ioli...
why?.
.because nobody can PASTA ***IOLE...:rofl:

the ***ioli...
why?.

This is about as moronic as your nom de plume:enranged::ban?:

And an integral part of his Excellence is the justifiably fanatical loyalty he earns from the likes of Flanker Pierre Woods, and many others.
Woods is an OLB, not a WR.

The Patriots resigned Pierre Woods? It's about time! He's a beast on ST's. A BEAST I say!

This is about as moronic as your nom de plume:enranged::ban?:

jeez...tough crowd...let me try another direction..

A termite walks into a bar room and asks, "Is the bar tender here?"...:scared:

I am taken aback that he went to work as a groundskeeper at Univ of Michigan. And BH mentions that he quit keeping track of teams that needed LBs because he didn't have cable TV at home.

was he paid that badly to resort to such low paying jobs? I understand that he would not have made millions like the bigger stars and he probably could have paid off his debt etc, but still...

Given the circumstances, very impressive to note that he continued working out twice a week to be prepared. :)

here's to wishing that he does a great job on Sunday and get a W!

Last edited:
Can someone change the title to Patriots sign Pierre Woods, this incomplete topic title annoys me.

"Bring" Pierre Woods? Bring him what? This title needs to be benchf.

the ***ioli...
why?.

There are three things in the world that insult my Italian heritage: Mussolini, Lady Gaga, and this joke.

I am taken aback that he went to work as a groundskeeper at Univ of Michigan. And BH mentions that he quit keeping track of teams that needed LBs because he didn't have cable TV at home.

was he paid that badly to resort to such low paying jobs? I understand that he would not have made millions like the bigger stars and he probably could have paid off his debt etc, but still...

Given the circumstances, very impressive to note that he continued working out twice a week to be prepared. :)

here's to wishing that he does a great job on Sunday and get a W!
huh.gif
Why is Pierre working as a grounds keeper at Michigan so difficult to comprehend?

-- Most jobs require some notice period before you leave, but an NFL job offer requires you be immediately available. This is a job with an employer where he can arrange things to be immediately available if a team calls.
-- U of M may be paying him minimum wage, but he gets the benefit of their weight room and, by his own statement, professional strength & conditioning staff to stay fit & ready.
-- U of M football program gets the example of a player who has made a decent NFL career on the fringe and what kind of work ethic goes into being competitive in the NFL. I have little doubt that they enjoyed having him available to chat with their kids and with recruits, a real life U of M graduate who played in the Super Bowl and is on a first name basis with Tom Brady.
-- If ignoring TV and not dwelling on the waiver wire allows him to keep his focus and not get depressed over each opening which bypasses him, more power to him.
-- If working as grounds keeper helped pay the bills and kept him from dipping into any savings we hope he was smart enough to bank from his NFL career, smart move. In a tough economy, it's also likely doing things this way didn't take a job from someone who needs work to care for his family.

Truly my friend, the way Pierre handled things speaks to the reason NE doesn't mind bringing him back, he's smart and a hard worker. I applaud him.

huh.gif
Why is Pierre working as a grounds keeper at Michigan so difficult to comprehend?

-- Most jobs require some notice period before you leave, but an NFL job offer requires you be immediately available. This is a job with an employer where he can arrange things to be immediately available if a team calls.
-- U of M may be paying him minimum wage, but he gets the benefit of their weight room and, by his own statement, professional strength & conditioning staff to stay fit & ready.
-- U of M football program gets the example of a player who has made a decent NFL career on the fringe and what kind of work ethic goes into being competitive in the NFL. I have little doubt that they enjoyed having him available to chat with their kids and with recruits, a real life U of M graduate who played in the Super Bowl and is on a first name basis with Tom Brady.
-- If ignoring TV and not dwelling on the waiver wire allows him to keep his focus and not get depressed over each opening which bypasses him, more power to him.
-- If working as grounds keeper helped pay the bills and kept him from dipping into any savings we hope he was smart enough to bank from his NFL career, smart move. In a tough economy, it's also likely doing things this way didn't take a job from someone who needs work to care for his family.

Truly my friend, the way Pierre handled things speaks to the reason NE doesn't mind bringing him back, he's smart and a hard worker. I applaud him.

What an exemplary post.
I rarely quote entire posts but exceptions were invented for exceptional cases. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back