PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots beat writer Losing hope on Kayshon Boutte?

It was exciting on draft day , we are/were starved a hit at WR and we got one of the more polarizing names in the draft class.

I'm fine if he craps out. 6th Rd pick, I'm glad they took a chance. Plus it sounds like Douglas may stick.

Come on baby light my fire!

A blatant attempt to dissuade teams from plucking him from the practice squad after they cut him at the end of camp.

To not even turn up shows where his head is at. To throw away an opportunity like this is almost criminal at least be there

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
No word on Douglas and his camp performance. Is that good or bad?

So who, specifically, is the Pats staff writer who's losing hope? Does that mean someone such as Lazar, for instance?

Yeah, everything else in the post is blatantly obvious. Of course it is "less than ideal" if he missed some of the practices. What does it matter that a writer is losing hope?

Haha, I read it as the Patriots losing hope, not a writer.

FWIW Violin is the most hopeless writer covering the team.

Can we wait til preseason before we talk another a kid recovering From a major injury.
We will feed stupid if this kid is lighting it up in a few months.

That being said why is all the current Patriots news all bad?
Aaron Rodgers rejected us.
Boutte is lazy
Jack Jones is fill in the blank
Hopkins talking to Titans while In our stadium, will take his time.
Trent Brown is out of shape and overweight.
James Robinson isn’t healed from major injury and cut.

I mean come on let’s get some positive news:
Wouldn’t be surprised Kraft pushes to sign Hopkins to change the narrative.

That being said why is all the current Patriots news all bad?
Aaron Rodgers rejected us.
Boutte is lazy
Jack Jones is fill in the blank
Hopkins talking to Titans while In our stadium, will take his time.
Trent Brown is out of shape and overweight.
James Robinson isn’t healed from major injury and cut.

I mean come on let’s get some positive news:
Wouldn’t be surprised Kraft pushes to sign Hopkins to change the narrative.
Well put brother!

So who, specifically, is the Pats staff writer who's losing hope? Does that mean someone such as Lazar, for instance?
Cap'n me personally until I can see the offense at full strength with juju, Thornton and whomever else in camp next month I can't get to caught up on reports like this.. how about yourself?

In a tweet that screams BOREDOM and OFFSEASON...

"Kayshon Boutte reportedly had a “less than ideal” minicamp and OTA showing with the Patriots."

"Reportedly"? What does that mean? Oh, I see...
"Boutte was absent for multiple practices for an “undisclosed” reason."

Undisclosed is not the same as unexcused. Anyone heard any complaints about him not showing up?

"One Patriots staff writer wrote that he’s “losing hope” Boutte will be a factor for the Patriots."

Really? A staff writer is losing hope? Well, that settles it!

One Patriots staff writer wrote that he’s “losing hope”.

Third string OP’s inaccurate translation: The Pats are losing hope.

Cap'n me personally until I can see the offense at full strength with juju, Thornton and whomever else in camp next month I can't get to caught up on reports like this.. how about yourself?

Not yet... For some rookies, their first team-wide OTA week can be a cold slap in the face, especially here... Now they have over a month to work on the things they were all told to work on before TC opens For Real... Booty's had both on-field and off-field issues the past couple of seasons; and if Bill signs DHop then a year on IR to rehab his ankle & his mind might be just the cure for what ails him.

Not yet... For some rookies, their first team-wide OTA week can be a cold slap in the face, especially here... Now they have over a month to work on the things they were all told to work on before TC opens For Real... Booty's had both on-field and off-field issues the past couple of seasons; and if Bill signs DHop then a year on IR to rehab his ankle & his mind might be just the cure for what ails him.
Yes, definitely. Sometimes more than not it's the mental aspect and the acclimation to the NFL that players need to get caught up on as thier talent got them to the league, but the other aspects will be what can help them become the player they want to become. We have a pretty good WR group and I just need to see Mac have his full compliment to make judgments.

If Douglas looks even a bit OK, I should think that Boute can be moved to IR at any time. Waiting won't hurt I guess, but I suspect that in the short Training Camp, the team should not have to deal with reps to someone who has very little chance of even making the Practice Squad.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back