PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots back Laurence Maroney has been solid in training camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriots wrapped up camp on a sunny day when the temperature reached 90 degrees. Working hard in such conditions makes them more confident they can handle fatigue that sets in late in games, center Dan Koppen said.

"Since I've been here, this is probably the toughest one," said Koppen, entering his seventh season. "Bill told us early on to get ready for it, and he usually doesn't lie to us."

:rofl:

Nice one, Dan! That's like having a "usually faithful" girlfriend, is it?

Tell me about it. He did the samething with brady.said he is fine but could not play for more than 20 snaps.

heads need to roll.

I agree. Dean Pees needs to be fired for this outrage!

You're joking, right? I watch NFL Live, Rome, ATH, PTI, SC, NFL Total Access, Comcast Sports (both early and late), and NESN Sports desk every night.

You can't tell me BB does that.

BB should read this forum and learn something.

Actually, Belichick watches all of those. Now that his video department can't tape opposing teams sidelines, Belichick had to find something for them to do. He has them DVRing all those shows and clipping together all the relevant segments for his viewing.

Is it too soon for Pats fans to make Spygate jokes?

I think people are making too much of the first game. Maroney could continue to struggle in the preseason, but it could be that the Pats faced a really good defense and they couldn't open the holes for Maroney against the first defense. We really should wait and see before we write off the guy.

BTW, most of us were trashing Cassel throughout the entire preseason (myself included) and we turned out to be way wrong. Maybe Belichick sees things that we don't. I'll trust his opinion on Maroney more than anyone on this board (myself included again). If Belichick is high on Maroney, I will take his word until he is proven wrong.

There were some of us seeing exactly what Belichick was doing with the last preseason. He was sending Cassel to 'finishing school' deliberately putting him in situations with future hamburg flipping WRs, to test his POISE and ability in pressure situations.:snob:

Cassel passed that grueling Marathon with the patience of a Job.
And that is what Belichick wanted to see last preseason. It confirmed to him that Matt was now ready.:cool:

BTW, Christopher Gasper was on the DA Show the other night and he said that if Belichick is upset with the way Maroney is playing, he hides it very well. A practice earlier this week, Maroney and Belichick were seen joking and laughing together and it isn't an uncommon occurance.

BTW, Christopher Gasper was on the DA Show the other night and he said that if Belichick is upset with the way Maroney is playing, he hides it very well. A practice earlier this week, Maroney and Belichick were seen joking and laughing together and it isn't an uncommon occurance.

Stop screwing with the template!

Great point, Maroney was living up to those expectations until he got hurt around the tenth game in his first season. To me he hasn't looked the same since. On the other hand i'm in agreement with others who say that when LOMO gets the ball there seems to be someone in the backfield ready to make the tackle. Also like others have said when LOMO goes in the D Knows hes going to run, maybe incorporating short passes to him will losen up the defense and allow more running room.

He also has an upright running style similar to Erick ****ersons, maybe LOMO should wear the same amount of body armour ****erson wore.

I just don't get the Hate towards him that is generated on this board, people seem to enjoy trashing him.

Yeah, we agree. It's interesting that BB referred to the passing game when speaking about Maroney. As for the strong feelings directed towards Maroney, I don't understand them either; I get it that people are disappointed, that they feel he hasn't lived up to his first round expectations, but i don't get the anger and disparaging remarks. But, it's a free board and people can say what they want.

Last edited:
Of course, one could say that our expectations are OUR biggest problem, not his.

well said. great expectations are often a curse both for the "expecters" and the "expectee" to coin two new words.

Are people really getting on Maroney's back on the basis of 6 pre-season carries against one of last year's best run defenses?

Are people really getting on Maroney's back on the basis of 6 pre-season carries against one of last year's best run defenses?

Welcome to Patsfans.com

either maroney is not good at gaining yardage and is real timid or our oline can't run block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3