PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots at Raiders post-game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Jangles, it seems like passing over 300 yards on the pats is playing good defense.I miss the defense that would hit u in ur mouth and get off the field.They where terrible on 3rd downs!:confused:

You're confused because you are wishing for something that hasn't been around for at least 6 years.

Passing for over 300 yards, but only getting 1 TD amounts to tons of failures by the opposing offense. I would think that would be obvious. But, people like yourself and Jangles can't be bothered to acknowledge reality. You'd rather just whine and cry about things..

I honestly thought we were going to get lit up by DMC today and probably lose the game. Very nice win, D stepped up, O was on fiyah as usual. Very nice win and hopefully we continue to improve on D. Ridley should be starting. I really like Spikes' edginess. This D needs some attitude. With Brace, Deaderick, Bodden, Ras-I and Ahern returning, I like our chances.
WWW is playing al-world right now.
Tonight I root for the Ratbirds. :bricks:

Last edited:
Hey joker,obviously u missed the pass where he tried to fit it into gronk in the endzone.The bottom line is that this offense is predictable.U know it will go to Welker or one of the TEs.

People also seem to be losing sight of the fact that the Pats have played 3 of their 4 games on the road so far.

And their one home game was against a team favored by many to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl this year.

Perspective.

How about this as a perspective then, Pats have played on the road against 3 teams with a combined 2010 regular season record of 19-29.
All 3 of those teams in 2011 have putup more than 500 yards on the Pats D.
Howz that for a perspective.

I posted that he made ONE catch...you want to dispute this for some reason...what the hell does 4 passes have to do with that other D-Bag the Idiot's posts thta Brady tries to throw to Gronk too much...especially in this game...dead people in their graves for a century are cringing at this idiocy.

You certainly were implying that he was barely involved, and that isn't the case. Not sure why you're so butt flustered over this.

lol what?

Had Campbell not thrown to a wide open Chung in the endzone this game could have been a completely different story. Don't try to spin that as an awesome effort by the defense either. It would have been embarrassing if he didn't catch that throw.

Also, this was Jason Campbell. "Holding" him to 344 yards is pretty atrocious.

First, Campbell got 99 of those yards on a garbage time drive at the end of the game with the Pats playing a soft zone. The Pats only really gave up about 245 yards to Campbell before Campbell padded his stats.

Second, even without the Chung INT, the Pats dominated in the second half. If the refs actually called blatant offensive holding, the Pats might have had a few sacks.

He DaBruinz, keep drinking that kool-aid.It seems like u have forgot the last 2 years as to why this team hasnt won a damn playoffs game!

yeah ..and if the Queen had balls balls she'd be the King...if/Then post game idiocies are moronic.Keep posting your If/Then's and I'll post a hundred thousand other if/thens to rebut your crying revisionism.

I can't wait for the day when they award the game to the team with the most yards even if they don't score. I'll be complaining every time we intercept it on their ten and only get credit for a 10 yard touchdown.

Until then, I'm glad it's the team that scores the most points, because our team has been real good at that for ten years.

How about this as a perspective then, Pats have played on the road against 3 teams with a combined 2010 regular season record of 19-29.
All 3 of those teams in 2011 have putup more than 500 yards on the Pats D.
Howz that for a perspective.

what does 2010 have to do with 2011?..I can cherry pick any year like that....stop trolling...you suk at it

Hey joker,obviously u missed the pass where he tried to fit it into gronk in the endzone.The bottom line is that this offense is predictable.U know it will go to Welker or one of the TEs.

How many teams have 3 options that are as difficult to cover as Welker, Gronk and Hernandez? Doesn't matter if its predictable if you can't stop it. With only Welker and Gronk, the O is struggling a tiny bit, but a healthy Hernandez will remedy that.

First, Campbell got 99 of those yards on a garbage time drive at the end of the game with the Pats playing a soft zone. The Pats only really gave up about 245 yards to Campbell before Campbell padded his stats.
Fair enough. Although I watched the second part of "A Football Life" last night and listed to Bill scream at the D for not playing a full 60 minutes. Regardless of what they were playing, they got toasted on that drive.

Second, even without the Chung INT, the Pats dominated in the second half. If the refs actually called blatant offensive holding, the Pats might have had a few sacks.
I agree with that too. I could have sworn I saw holding on that last drive which should have resulted in a safety. I was not a fan of the officiating at all today. Pretty terrible game from the zebras.

I'm going to see the Jets and Ravens defense and compare it to ours and see if we are that bad.

Don't think I tried to put anything in your mouth. That statement was directed at anybody who though the defense should be credited for anything more than catching a pass. I'm pumped it happened, but Campbells terribleness is to thank for that, not the defense.

Don't jump to conclusions. You'll look more intelligent.

II Jangles II said:
Had Campbell not thrown to a wide open Chung in the endzone this game could have been a completely different story. Don't try to spin that as an awesome effort by the defense either. It would have been embarrassing if he didn't catch that throw.

The phrase in BOLD is clearly you trying to say that I was trying to spin this into an awesome effort by the defense. That isn't me "jumping to conclusions." That is me going by what YOU actually said.

The person not looking intelligent is you, Jangles.

BTW, Campbell isn't as terrible as you claim. But I don't expect you to admit you are talking out your arse on this. You've ignored plenty of facts in this thread so far.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...iders-post-game-thread-page2.html#post2717317

You certainly were implying that he was barely involved, and that isn't the case. Not sure why you're so butt flustered over this.
I'm not IMPLYING anything...I made a declaritive statement...Gronk made one catch...what are you implying???that because he had a few thrown his way that's TOO MANY????

He DaBruinz, keep drinking that kool-aid.It seems like u have forgot the last 2 years as to why this team hasnt won a damn playoffs game!

They don't have playoffs after the fourth game. We're 3-1. If you don't enjoy watching the team, maybe you should find something positive you enjoy.

The phrase in BOLD is clearly you trying to say that I was trying to spin this into an awesome effort by the defense. That isn't me "jumping to conclusions." That is me going by what YOU actually said.

That wasn't directed at you specifically.

They don't have playoffs after the fourth game. We're 3-1. If you don't enjoy watching the team, maybe you should find something positive you enjoy.

amen, brother..amen

Fair enough. Although I watched the second part of "A Football Life" last night and listed to Bill scream at the D for not playing a full 60 minutes. Regardless of what they were playing, they got toasted on that drive.

I agree with that too. I could have sworn I saw holding on that last drive which should have resulted in a safety. I was not a fan of the officiating at all today. Pretty terrible game from the zebras.

I do agree that the players should play all 60 minutes, but you do realize the difference than giving up 100 yards when it is really a game vs. giving it with less than 3 minutes left up by three score? The defense shouldn't have given up that drive, but it was all garbage time after the defense did a great job keeping the Raiders out of the end zone all game.

Obviously you missed the passes to Ridley, Edelman, Ochocinco and Branch tonight. How is that predictable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe