PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots at Raiders post-game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about this as a perspective then, Pats have played on the road against 3 teams with a combined 2010 regular season record of 19-29.
All 3 of those teams in 2011 have putup more than 500 yards on the Pats D.
Howz that for a perspective.

Interesting... if you are using last year as a guage and not actual play from this year.

If your going on Wins then the combined record of the teams we have played is 8-7... 7-4 against teams not named the patriots. 3 of those 4 teams have put up large offensive numbers against the other teams they have played also. That good for some perspective?

:deadhorse:

I call Bull ****.
If you are indeed a Pats fan, do us all a favor and go root for some other team.

Great compilation. Bet that it wouldn't have taken more than few seconds considering his angst against BB and the Pats. :D

People complain about the pats giving up yards and stuff but at the end of the day they kept DMC under 100 and only allowed 13 Pts(not counting garbage time) on a hostile environment they stepped up with an banged up secondary and a depleted Dline along with Mayo going down. I have hope for this team Defense we are 3-1 the D will get better. Where's the Mccourty bashers today? As for the offense it's still putting up 30+ a game we need Hernandez back though to open up more lanes once he is back we can win any game

19 points = least amount of points given up by the Pats this year.. And that's an improvement considering the Raiders had the #1 rushing offense..

Many have been down on Spikes this year. But I thought that he had a very good game today. Sure he whiffed on McFadden once but many do.

And Ridley reminds me a little of a young Curtis Martin. Not in any way calling him CM, but the way he runs reminds me some of him as a Patriot rookie.

Last edited:
I have to say that I am excited by what the running game showed today. Yes, it was only the Raiders, (who aren't great against the run to begin with), but it showed the Pats CAN run the ball. They averaged 6.6 YPC for Ridley, BJGE and Woodhead, combined (28 for 185) Though, I was ticked that BO'B telegraphed the plays at the end on that goal line. The least he could have done is spread out some receivers and had Ridley go wide or something.. Give the kid a bit of a chance.

Raider9175 was right that the Raiders were going to throw Zone at Brady. And Brady enjoyed it. Especially with Welker. They did take away Gronkowski and Branch for all but 1 play, but they couldn't stop Brady and Welker.

The defense did a good job of limiting McFadden, outside of the one 41-yard play that McFadden reeled off. McFadden did end up with 14 runs for 75 yards, but only 13 for 34 outside of the 41 yard run. They also limited McFadden in the passing game with 4 receptions for 48 yards. This forced the Raiders to rely on Jason Campbell and resulted in 2 Picks.

Guyton, over-all, stunk today. The only DECENT play he made was when he pushed Kevin Boss enough that Boss' right foot didn't come down in bounds on that TD play.

Sergio Brown proved he does not belong on the field outside of special teams. The guy has no hustle. The play where Hagan made the catch and Brown flailed and missed him, clapped his hands in frustration, then turned around only to realize that the play was still ongoing is proof positive that he doesn't belong on the field in regular situations.

If we see Rodney get a phone call tonight on ABC, we'll know it's Belichick calling to ask him if he wants to be "saved" from Tony Dungy. A 38 year old Harrison has to be better than Sergio Brown.

I think the Patriots dominance on offense . Raiders had no chance as the patriots marched up and down the field. Was too much for the raiders offense . I guees it was kind of depressing that they knew if they didn't match the Patriots offense it wasn't going to matter. Raiders defense wasn't stopping patriots offense. Was like taking candy from a baby. .

Still no excuse for that offense performance as that what disgusted me the most from this game. I expected alot better from campbell and this offense and theyt fail miserable when it counted the most.

People complain about the pats giving up yards and stuff but at the end of the day they kept DMC under 100 and only allowed 13 Pts(not counting garbage time) on a hostile environment they stepped up with an banged up secondary and a depleted Dline along with Mayo going down. I have hope for this team Defense we are 3-1 the D will get better. Where's the Mccourty bashers today? As for the offense it's still putting up 30+ a game we need Hernandez back though to open up more lanes once he is back we can win any game

He looked much better in zone, they'll probably play zone for awhile and let the CB's get some confidence back.

Nice win. Offense and Brady was good which was to be expected after last week. Defense was decent. They did a pretty good job stopping the run. I thought they gave up too many passing yards but at this point I don't expect that to change.

Pats got some breaks along the way. The Campbell pass which Chung piked off was an early Christmas gift. There was no one with in 10 feet of him. No idea what the heck Campbell was thinking. Pats caught a break with that PI call that I guess would be considered overturned. I thought that was absolutely PI.

Overall good win after last weeks debacle. Should be a good game. Jets could very well lose this game tonight and the pats have the potential to make them 1-4 after next Sunday. Thinking about that is already putting a smile on my face.

they had balance on offense that helped the worst defense in the NFL only give up 19 points, im all for runing the football keep it going BB

The offense had 5 minutes less in TOP than they had in the bills game, and that's with 180 yards.The raiders had the ball for 6 more minutes than the pats. The pats should continue this balance , but not at the expense of going with the best play calls.If it means a 100 passes so be it we need all the points we can get .This game proved that running the ball will not help the defense get of the field on 3rd down.

Brady was good today, just not very good. Lacked touch on a couple swing plays and didn't loop the ball over Gronk's hands. Missed Welker deep wide open twice.

The best part for me today was the excellent game-calling. Not just the balance in the offense, but also the rotation at RB.

I've always thought RBBC featuring runners with different styles has always been the most effective way to run the ball. Just as a great pitcher doesn't rely on just one pitch, neither should the run game rely on one type of player.

Throwing in a good mix of battery-ram BJGE, shifty Woodhead, and blazing Ridley is going to wear down a D far more than if you stick to one style of running, because there's no tempo to get used to, no way to get in rhythm. You get battered on one down, then Ridley zips by you on the next.

Our offense already has a great number of formations, options, and threats, and if you add to that a run game with multiple options and types of runners, it just about makes it impossible to game-plan effectively against us, because there are just too many contigencies to plan for.

same script different game. today however, our defense turned the ball over. basically same game as last week except we didnt get unlucky breaks.

this is a team that has to get better on defense. if nothing else, id like it if we were able to stop the run like years past. for whatever reason our run defense has disppeared.
What game were you watching? Aside from 1 run we shut McFadden down completely.

Gotta say, as interesting as the back and forth has been on this game, I side CLEARLY with those who are disappointed/worried about this defense. I thought they were awful. Yes, they "stopped" Campbell to some degree, and yes they came up with some big turnovers. BUT...

To me almost every big defensive play was an UNFORCED ERROR, at least to some degree. We miss tackles like CRAZY. We give up completions, left and right, to scrubs. It's very worrisome. The silver lining of the Mayo injury is...how much worse can the D get?

How about this as a perspective then, Pats have played on the road against 3 teams with a combined 2010 regular season record of 19-29.
All 3 of those teams in 2011 have putup more than 500 yards on the Pats D.
Howz that for a perspective.

Yes, DonBlackmon55, because the Buffalo Bills and Oakland Raiders of 2011 are exactly the same as the Buffalo Bills and Oakland Raiders of 2010!!!!!!

Do you have any more brilliant observations to bestow us with?

Reality is that the 2011 New England Patriots are the ONLY AFC team with 2 road wins at this point.

Can you clarify when exactly does garbage time start in a NFL game ? I don't see that in the box score.

How many of Brady 50TD's came in garbage time since he padded his stats by throwing TD's when beating Bills 38-7, 5-10, or Redskins 52-7 ?????

Game is 60 minutes, there's no garbage time, get a clue

The purpose of the game is to win. When the game is decided it is garbage time.
Apparently you are a fantasy football guy who believes the point of the game is to accumulate statistics.

I think the Patriots dominance on offense . Raiders had no chance as the patriots marched up and down the field. Was too much for the raiders offense . I guees it was kind of depressing that they knew if they didn't match the Patriots offense it wasn't going to matter. Raiders defense wasn't stopping patriots offense. Was like taking candy from a baby. .

Still no excuse for that offense performance as that what disgusted me the most from this game. I expected alot better from campbell and this offense and theyt fail miserable when it counted the most.

Very classy of you to show back up...seriously. Most don't.

Pay no attention to the Patriot toadies. Tonight is how you play defense. I wonder if Belichick is even watching. Its TALENT and then scheme. You pressure Sanchez and this is what you get. Unfortunately, we don't have the players or the talent. Its all on Tom, and I mean ALLLLLLLL.

Overall good win after last weeks debacle. Should be a good game. Jets could very well lose this game tonight and the pats have the potential to make them 1-4 after next Sunday. Thinking about that is already putting a smile on my face.

That would be nice but the Jests already have 2 wins, Ill take 2-3 though

It was a good game today despite Mayo's injury.

Offense did well as usual but the commitment to the running game was key for me. Pretty apparent Ridley has a good feel about him as many have hoped.

Welker is having a incredible season thus far. He's taken his game to a level we haven't seen and has fantastic numbers which may end up breaking the receptions record.

Offensive line was incredible today. Solder is making a case for himself in the rookie of the year voting so far. I'm very pleased a what I've seen so far from him. As far as Connoly, who knew he could play center? Despite the holding call which was actually a good one as far as protecting Tom, I think he is much better there than at guard. Btw, Waters was a genious signing which sometimes goes unheralded.

Defense played well on the scoreboard. Its apparent that McCourty is a very good zone Cb while he's able to keep the wr in front of him. The team relies on Chung and you can certainly feel his presence and leadership back there. FS is a problem and needs to be addressed. Can't stress it enough. It was nice to see Spikes have a good game out there today. Pass rush isn't there yet but did enough to help out in the win.

A lot of yards given up today. To give up 504 yards and only allow 19 points is a good thing. However I think with a healthy team going forward with some room to grow throughout the season we can improve quite a bit. Bottom line we were out to stop the running game and they did. They took away their best player and knew they could force Cambell to make mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes