PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots at Raiders post-game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
With over 1000 comments, the game thread has run its course.

Place your post-game thoughts, comments and analysis here.

Offense looked alright. Lot of missed opportunities and Brady didn't look sharp.

Could have been very ugly if not for a lucky interception.

Happy to have a win though

same script different game. today however, our defense turned the ball over. basically same game as last week except we didnt get unlucky breaks.

this is a team that has to get better on defense. if nothing else, id like it if we were able to stop the run like years past. for whatever reason our run defense has disppeared.

Liked the offensive balance, potentially losing Mayo is Big if hes gone more than a few weeks. IMO the D is still getting use to the 4-3 but even if and when they do i don't think they have enough talent to make a SB run. Its one thing to stop Cambell its another to stop Rogers or Breas.
I predicted a 13-3 season, i'm now thinking it'll be more like 10-11 wins Maybe. I just don't think theres enough talent on the Defense to go beyond winning the division. But i digress, it was a good win in a hostile enviorment

Last edited:
same script different game. today however, our defense turned the ball over. basically same game as last week except we didnt get unlucky breaks.

this is a team that has to get better on defense. if nothing else, id like it if we were able to stop the run like years past. for whatever reason our run defense has disppeared.

huh??????????????????????????????????????????????????

so I take it you thought Mc Faddens 75 yards were a lot BETTER than his previous efforts?

hello????is this planet Earth????????????????????????????

Last edited:
The Pats kept a team that score 69 points over the previous two weeks to 13 points prior to a garbage time TD. We need to stop biatching about the defense over and over again. The defense stepped up and were a big reason for the win.

Run, Wes, run you sweet white warrior of touchdown goodness!

Run to freedom! Run to the end zone! Run for a new contract! And maybe run to the store and get me, like, some of those honey-wheat pretzels, and a six pack, and an ice cream cake!

:rocker: :rocker:

Last edited:
Liked the offensive balance, potentially losing Mayo is Big if hes gone more than a few weeks. IMO the D is still getting use to the 4-3 but even if and when they do i don't think they have enough talent to make a SB run. Its one thing to stop Cambell its another to stop Rogers or Breas.

.....or Rivers?

Flawed team and its gonna show down the road.Cant stop anyone.Cant get pressure.Horrific on 3rd down just like last year.Welker is a great little player but i keep saying it over and over that this team needs more production from the wrs on the outside.Brady seems to eye Gronk too much at times.

Last edited:
The Pats kept a team that score 69 points over the previous two weeks to 13 points prior to a garbage time TD. We need to stop biatching about the defense over and over again. The defense stepped up and were a big reason for the win.

holy krist...post of the year ,Rob...I MEAN it....WTF kind of fanbase is this becoming anyway??????

Flawed team and its gonna show down the road.Cant stop anyone.Cant get pressure.Horrific on 3rd down just like last year.Welker is a great little player but i keep saying it over and over that this team needs more production from the wrs on the outside.Brady seems to eye Gronk too much at times.

Red zone not important, eh?

they had balance on offense that helped the worst defense in the NFL only give up 19 points, im all for runing the football keep it going BB

Hey Robo dont give me that.This team cant stop anybody.:mad:BB has to held accountable for assembling this lousy defense.

Loved what I saw on both sides today. Defense did get bailed out a couple times in the first half but they were solid in the 2nd half. They'll get there eventually IMO if we get anywhere near full strength. The offense was outstanding. Good balance. They weren't perfect, they didn't blow them out the water but they scored when they needed to. Most important they didn't turn it over and put the defense in tough situations. Sustained some nice drives after Raider scores to slow their momentum and as a bonus they all ended in points. Even when we had to punt we made great on field position.

Excellent effort by our guys, will need to play better on D to beat the top teams but I bet AH and the corners will help alot.

Hey Rayclay, its gonna bite them in the fanny once again!Campbell moved the ball down the field the whole game.

Gronk had 1 catch for 15 yards...Brady throwing to him too much??

This D-Bag is an obvious drunk or a cracked out troll

Can't stop anyone? You mean besides the three teams that scored less than the offense so far this year?

I have to say that I am excited by what the running game showed today. Yes, it was only the Raiders, (who aren't great against the run to begin with), but it showed the Pats CAN run the ball. They averaged 6.6 YPC for Ridley, BJGE and Woodhead, combined (28 for 185) Though, I was ticked that BO'B telegraphed the plays at the end on that goal line. The least he could have done is spread out some receivers and had Ridley go wide or something.. Give the kid a bit of a chance.

Raider9175 was right that the Raiders were going to throw Zone at Brady. And Brady enjoyed it. Especially with Welker. They did take away Gronkowski and Branch for all but 1 play, but they couldn't stop Brady and Welker.

The defense did a good job of limiting McFadden, outside of the one 41-yard play that McFadden reeled off. McFadden did end up with 14 runs for 75 yards, but only 13 for 34 outside of the 41 yard run. They also limited McFadden in the passing game with 4 receptions for 48 yards. This forced the Raiders to rely on Jason Campbell and resulted in 2 Picks.

Guyton, over-all, stunk today. The only DECENT play he made was when he pushed Kevin Boss enough that Boss' right foot didn't come down in bounds on that TD play.

Sergio Brown proved he does not belong on the field outside of special teams. The guy has no hustle. The play where Hagan made the catch and Brown flailed and missed him, clapped his hands in frustration, then turned around only to realize that the play was still ongoing is proof positive that he doesn't belong on the field in regular situations.

If we see Rodney get a phone call tonight on ABC, we'll know it's Belichick calling to ask him if he wants to be "saved" from Tony Dungy. A 38 year old Harrison has to be better than Sergio Brown.

Random thought: What a creepy/weird scene it must be inside Al Davis' box at Raider home games. I think I saw cobwebs hanging of some 90 year old lady's nose when CBS showed the box. Very dour looking group.

Last edited:
Hey Robo dont give me that.This team cant stop anybody.:mad:BB has to held accountable for assembling this lousy defense.

You are absolutely right! I wish the Pats performed like the Jets defense and gave up 34 points, but far less yards. The Pats would have lost because their dominant defense, but it would far more satisfying to know we have a great defense that gives up 34 points than a horrible defense that gave up 19 points to the the same team. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents