PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots are signing WR Michael Jenkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. Jenkins is only a potential problem signing if it stops the team from signing someone else who'd have have a better shot to make the team. I hope Bill will not let it get that far.

Fixed it for ya.

Wendell isn't a top C? Or Jones isn't a 3rd WR with a stretch potential to develop into a number 1?

Both, especially the second one.

He has averaged 40 rec 500 yards and like 4 TD's for his career sounds like a Gaffney-type player to me.```

I don't know what's happening with him, but I'd rather have the actual Gaffney.

Both, especially the second one.

Ok so the fact Wendell rated as the #1 Rushing and #5 Passing center in the NFL while leading all NFL offensive linemen in snaps means nothing.

Jones had 41 catches for 441 yards in 12 games I pretty sure that is superior to our #3 WR last year and I tend to believe a 25 year old 6'0 208 pound WR who runs a 4.46 forty and has shown production in limited opportunities has potential to develop into a #1 outside WR in the Patriots scheme.

Define top OC, because Wendell's definitely up there.

If Eric Wood could stay healthy, Wendell would be 4th-best out of 4 in his division.
Heck, Wendell's not even the best Center on his own team.

Ok so the fact Wendell rated as the #1 Rushing and #5 Passing center in the NFL while leading all NFL offensive linemen in snaps means nothing.

Jones had 41 catches for 441 yards in 12 games I pretty sure that is superior to our #3 WR last year and I tend to believe a 25 year old 6'0 208 pound WR who runs a 4.46 forty and has shown production in limited opportunities has potential to develop into a #1 outside WR in the Patriots scheme.

From whom were these #1 & #5 ratings given?

As for Jones, a nice age/height/weight/speed graphic doesn't mean much if he gets open inconsistently,
runs routes imprecisely, and drops passes frequently. He is a #4/5, at best.

If Eric Wood could stay healthy, Wendell would be 4th-best out of 4 in his division.
Heck, Wendell's not even the best Center on his own team.
So Wendell is worse than the two centers that should be in the Pro Bowl each year, if voters would stop sending the wrong Pouncey.

That puts him anywhere from 3-16 in the AFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back