PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots allow Brandon Browner to explore value around the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Browner was better in the play-offs.

You mean that the refs called fewer penalties in the playoffs. I don't think Browner's style of play changed any.

BTW, I'm fine with Browner's style of play.

Browner is worth a lot to us if we have a solid #1 CB opposite. We need to be clear. Browner is NOT a top #1 CB. He won't be paid like a #1 CB by the patriots. I think that, depending on scheme and who he is playing opposite, Browner could be just an average corner with lots of weaknesses.

That being said, we should want to keep Browner. However, if the situation is that some other team want to give Browner big bucks and compensate the patriots well in trade, I suspect that Browner will be traded.

IMHO, most likely is that this exercise is for Browner will find out what he's worth. Then he and the team can have a more informed set of negotiations on his restructure or extension.

You mean that the refs called fewer penalties in the playoffs. I don't think Browner's style of play changed any.

BTW, I'm fine with Browner's style of play.

If he changes his style..he hurts his value..he should never change

get rid of browner, keep arrington and ryans.

makes a lot of sense.

However, if the situation is that some other team want to give Browner big bucks and compensate the patriots well in trade, I suspect that Browner will be traded.

IMHO, most likely is that this exercise is for Browner will find out what he's worth. Then he and the team can have a more informed set of negotiations on his restructure or extension.

The value of Browner is not just that he's a good corner who brings a physical style - it's that, in this market, he's tied up for two years for under 5 million a year.

Doubt someone's going to trade for him then give him "big bucks." It would defeat the whole purpose/profit of the trade.

Apparently Browner followed the Titans on twitter. This could be good news b/c Tenn's general manager isn't the sharpest and could have overpaid.

A shame...I liked what he brought to our secondary.

So we could be looking at Week 1 starting CB's of Dennard and Ryan? Dennard and Butler? Arrington and Dennard? None of these make sense to me. Yikes.

Only if Revis signs hopefully still hate to lose Browner would hate to lose both even more.
I love the way Browner plays the game.
A Second round pick or a straight up trade for Justin Hunter would make me feel a lot better.

If we are trading Browner we clearly have Revis

If Revis stays we can afford to lose Browner but we still need an upgrade at #2 unless Butler is the real deal. I really do not want to watch Logan Ryan against #2 WRs please.

If not it makes no sense unless Bill just likes to eff with us.

started following the titans. ( maybe he's friends with devins brother:D )

Revis said very nice things about Ryan I wouldnt give up on him at all.

Only if Revis signs hopefully still hate to lose Browner would hate to lose both even more.
I love the way Browner plays the game.
A Second round pick or a straight up trade for Justin Hunter would make me feel a lot better.
If we get a 2nd rounder then BB is a god. That second rounder is the 34th pick in the draft. I doubt we got that for Browner.

If Revis stays we can afford to lose Browner but we still need an upgrade at #2 unless Butler is the real deal. I really do not want to watch Logan Ryan against #2 WRs please.

don't worry, dennard will return to form.:cool:

Browner for Hunter would be a great trade.
BB likes trading with the Titans.

I saw this coming but I hate it. There's plenty of other ways to free up money than moving our size and intimidator in the secondary.

This better be a trade and we better be getting something really good back.

Maybe he asked for a hefty pay raise?
But it could be just we are trying to save some cap for Helu and Miller dont like that idea.
Browner is the intimidator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe