PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots allow Brandon Browner to explore value around the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is unreal. Now people are saying they want Browner more than McCourty?

I only saw one person say that but that is just silly.

Wow. This could potentially suck very badly.

haha, of course. everyone always wants want they dont have (i understand we have browner, but its up in the air now)

I mean i have a Browner jersey...i would hate to lock it up for good :D

I haven't heard many people saying that but there sure is a lot of belly aching. Bring Revis/McCourty back and potentially lose Browner. If anyone is whiny after that then they need to get over it.

That said I'm not sure it is necessary to lose Browner at all but I'm no expert.

You can't lose Browner AND Revis...and they won't

272.gif

You can't lose Browner AND Revis...and they won't

According to some on this board, we are still in danger of losing McCourty, along with Browner and Revis.

@tomecurran: What smoothbrain started that? RT RT "@srmadden12: @tomecurran any legs behind rumor that Browner will become a free agent later today?”

mediot civil war engaged

@tomecurran: What smoothbrain started that? RT RT "@srmadden12: @tomecurran any legs behind rumor that Browner will become a free agent later today?”

mediot civil war engaged
How the hell do you read these tweets? I can't figure out who is saying what.

Sky is Falling: 2015 edition. Jesus f'ing Christ. People need to relax, we haven't lost either of them yet and it'd be absurd to let both of our starting corners leave.

They cannot be thinking about releasing Browner. That would make no sense. Trading Browner would make sense. Renegotiating a deal with Browner would make sense. Otherwise, just pay him his $4.8 a year for the next two years and count your bargain.

And, yes, the Pats have to be very high on Butler and looking for ways to get him on the field. He made a number of pro-bowl caliber plays in the SuperBowl, one on one, with no help. Even the ball Kearse caught on his back was an outstanding play by Butler, as good a play as you can make, with safety help arriving late.

Unless you've been on Twitter, they're tough to understand. Curran was asked by @srmadden12 about Browner becoming a FA. He re-Tweeted (RT) and responded with "what smoothbrain started that?"

Name in front of tweet...look for : like is in that tweet.

Is there an option to replace the starting CB with another play near his caliber for under 8-10m? I'm saying that if we lose him, upgrading our WR spot definitely couldn't hurt.

I also wouldn't mind the money going to Ayers (if he can actually play at the same time as Jones and Nink), another pass rusher, or a solid DT.

But I don't believe Browner needs to leave to afford Revis, just looking where the money could be use elsewhere, because it probably will NOT be on a replacement starting CB, they don't exist for Browner money.

This is what we need. There is only 1 football to go around. Last year Edelman, Gronk, Lafell, Wright, Amendola and Vereen accounted for 97% of the receptions last year. Only that last name is a FA, and that was 52 catches out of the backfield.

I've stated this before: Brady is not going to throw it 800 times for 6,000 yards. That entire, intact receiving core is in place at a reasonable price. Should we let Amendola go you might as well add 1.2 to the salary the replacement signs for this year and 2.4 to next years, because that's the dead money hit. To replace his 26 catches and 200 receiving yards. That, and now we need a KR and backup PR guy as well, so you need another player because A. Johnson ain't fieldin' no damn kickoffs or punts.

Moving Browner (however it's done, trade preferable) is one of the easiest ways to clear $4.8M fast. Whether that's for a Revis extension or to just be part of creating space to pick up the $20M option, moving Browner would almost certainly mean Revis is in N.E. next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents