PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots "Actively" looking to trade for Big Bodied WR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but no one is pointing out how another rookie no name, who was a former QB to boot, is ahead of him on the depth chart.

Harper is the low man on the totem pole here, and yet we're still excited about his potential to contribute at some point in time. If anyone really thought that Coates was going to see a ton of opportunities in his rookie year with Brown, Bryant, and Wheaton ahead of him, they were delusional.

The answer to this question won't be known for a couple of years.

Coates has all sorts of potential, but he is very, very raw. I, personally, love his upside, but I won't go so far as to say he'll be a definite star in the league.

People saw him run go routes and college, so that's what they remember, and he played on a good team, so people remember that too.

I will say, if there's an offense he can succeed it, it's a draw-it-in-the-dirt offense like Pittsburgh's.

Coates has all sorts of potential, but he is very, very raw. I, personally, love his upside, but I won't go so far as to say he'll be a definite star in the league.

People saw him run go routes and college, so that's what they remember, and he played on a good team, so people remember that too.

I will say, if there's an offense he can succeed it, it's a draw-it-in-the-dirt offense like Pittsburgh's.

If Pittsburgh were half as good at drafting other positions as they are WRs, they'd be quite a force for the next 5+ yrs.

I'm not questioning @Sciz with his statement, as he would literally be in the bottom 5 posters on the entire forum to take issue with. I am, however, questioning the premise suggested by Ed Bouchette that Coates is so ****ty that he'll have to wait for both DHB and Murphy to fail before he gets any opportunities.

If Pittsburgh were half as good at drafting other positions as they are WRs, they'd be quite a force for the next 5+ yrs.

I'm not questioning @Sciz with his statement, as he would literally be in the bottom 5 posters on the entire forum to take issue with. I am, however, questioning the premise suggested by Ed Bouchette that Coates is so ****ty that he'll have to wait for both DHB and Murphy to fail before he gets any opportunities.

I dunno. Bouchette's pretty wired into that team. Also, it seems that, inexplicably, Tomlin is super-high on Darius Heyward-Bey.

I dunno. Bouchette's pretty wired into that team. Also, it seems that, inexplicably, Tomlin is super-high on Darius Heyward-Bey.

I live in Pittsburgh, so I'm very familiar with Ed Bouchette. Like any other beat writer he has his hits and misses. Time will tell on this particular subject.

If Tomlin is suddenly high on DHB it would surprise me a bit, as the Steelers only targeted him a total of 5 times last season.

That said, it isn't that Coates is below DHB, as I would've expected that. After all, DHB is still quick and is a proven NFL veteran. Even though he's had some struggles, I wouldn't have expected a raw rookie to have instantly surpassed him on the depth chart in time for week one.

It's the suggestion that BOTH Heyward-Bey and Murphy will have to fail in order to have Coates get opportunities that I disagree with. In the end, Ed Bouchette could be right. We'll have to wait and see. I'd like nothing more than all of their receiving options to fall off the face of the earth. I have no other team which I hate more. No one.

Terrelle Pryor has been released. Anyone interested in him? He's 6'4 1/2" 240 lbs and ran a 4.38 40. He's making the transition from QB to receiver. I say why not. We've had success converting to different positions in the past and need a big bodied receiver. Having expeience at QB could help with our complicated offense. He also has a chip on his shoulder which can be a good thing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...aim-running-back-robert-turbin-210804450.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes