PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PatFanKen Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people who criticize while also trying to have a balanced conversation at least makes those threads easier to have a real dialogue, as opposed to “F-you, you’re wrong!” and then calling people, “homers”, or whatever.

How about "terrible posters" and "****ing losers"? Are those on par with "homers"?

Accountability is a real bummer after being a loud mouth forever about how right you are versus how wrong everyone else is.
Hasn't slowed Mel Kiper down yet ...

I love seeing the IBWT caucus getting their nonsense reposted. these same jackasses called the people who questioned bill names, made personal attacks, called us Jet fans, got us banned from GDT and other threads....the irony is rich because it looks like half of them flew the coop and WE are the real fans, still watching, still posting, still going to games.
I clearly remember several times making ONE post in a GDT and getting tossed, there were even some preemptive bans. I have no reason NOT to think it was the Bill Bobos who got their feelings hurt and cried to the mods.
The REAL fans are the ones who get fired up and pissed off about this idiot coach/gm destroying this franchise for years to come. He has no record to stand on without Brady - NONE! Everything he touched without Brady has turned to ****.
He has 3 super bowl rings because the defense was stacked with otherworldly talent thanks to brilliant drafting by Bill Parcells, and he has the other three because Tom Brady (picked by **** Rehbein) developed into the greatest player of all time DESPITE the head coach.
His Cleveland offenses SUCKED, his offenses post Brady have SUCKED.
Bill Belichick should go down as the most overrated coach of all time.

That’s not the reason. People wanted to follow Brady and the Buccaneers, so rather than have a forum full of Buccaneers threads, I decided to make it easy and give people that space. Granted, yes, for whatever reason, it became polarizing, but as the person who created the forum, that was the intention.
I’ve never questioned why you did it and don’t see any controversy in your decision to create it. My problem is with the countless self-proclaimed laundry-first gnats that were buzzing around everywhere literally hoping the greatest player & Patriot of all time would epically fail, despite him being one of the most genuinely admirable celebrities in modern American history.

Putting aside the the vileness in rooting for Tom to fail and the success of the Dynasty to be ultimately credited with some “system” instead of men, like some Belichick algorithm was stacking titles and Tom Brady’s historically clutch performances had nothing to do with it and were just along for the ride…

A lot of people now (who coincidently fall into the Belichick-apologist and Mac Jones is the future variety) like to pretend there was no such thing as Brady-hate permeating this forum after Tom left despite the memory of it being so crystal clear and obvious to anyone who spent any amount of time here.

You couldn’t even let his name slip without people jumping down your throat because THERES A SEPARATE FORUM FOR THAT.

Those same people then launched a crusade against any opinion contrary to Mac Jones being the future. They now all look utterly stupid given their earlier fanaticism, and think being reminded of it is somehow out of bounds.

I’ve been posting here since 2012. Anyone can go find any post I’ve ever made and I guarantee you I will still stand by it today.

I love seeing the IBWT caucus getting their nonsense reposted. these same jackasses called the people who questioned bill names, made personal attacks, called us Jet fans, got us banned from GDT and other threads....the irony is rich because it looks like half of them flew the coop and WE are the real fans, still watching, still posting, still going to games.
I clearly remember several times making ONE post in a GDT and getting tossed, there were even some preemptive bans. I have no reason NOT to think it was the Bill Bobos who got their feelings hurt and cried to the mods.
The REAL fans are the ones who get fired up and pissed off about this idiot coach/gm destroying this franchise for years to come. He has no record to stand on without Brady - NONE! Everything he touched without Brady has turned to ****.
I certainly don’t know if I would go that far. Especially considering that a lot of that group started really complaining when things went South early on in 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, and 2018, among other seasons. Fortunately, the team showed patience, and the rest is, history.

At the same time, eventually, since nothing lasts forever, it’s going to come to fruition.

I don’t see a lot of people digging out posts from that era and reposting those here, primarily because there’s no point to it. It falls under the guise of, who gives a (expletive) they won, or who gives a (expletive), they lost.

Again, I see zero benefit of taking a victory lap either way. All it does, is make people feel better, I guess. Aside from that, it’s pretty pointless.

Last edited:
That's enough Barbie memes for today.
James Franco Flirt GIF
IMG_3998.jpeg

Wow this is a long thread

Don't have too much of an opinion either way on that poster, although his posts seemed a little self-important for what seemed like basically a series of conventional wisdom takes

But the reason I couldn't really read them was that he would never use ONE word when TEN would do and he would randomly CAPITALIZE words for no apparent REASON over and OVER again until my HEAD would EXPLODE

So yeah, couldn't really read them

With all respect to Bad Company:

PatFanKen, I guess he's on the run
Stolen lines, we're finding more than one
Oh...
Wall of text, looks so much more like spam
Behind the posts
He is a basement man

That's why they call him
Rambling Poster Man
And I can't deny
Rambling Poster Man
He's never wrong don't try, oh
He's never wrong don't try
He's never wrong don't try

Ballwashing souls
Simpers they are called
Hang on every word
English teachers are apalled...
Now these clowns
A crying out his name
But he's not around...
I can hear them say

Ramble on Poster Man
Come back or we'll cry...
Ramble on Poster Man
Of the Pats tell us why...
Oh, yeah
Of the Pats tell us why
Ooh, ooh, ooh...
Hey, hey, hey

Ramble Poster Man
Of the Pats tell us why...
Ramble on Poster Man
Come back or we'll cry...
And they say it's
Ball Washing time
Oh yeah, yeah, yeah

Ball Washing time
Come back or we'll die...
Oh, yeah

Tell me that he's not a thief
Oh, but he is
Line Stealing Man
He can't deny
Post for Post
Oh
Somebody cross-checked him
Double cross double cross
Yeah he's Rambling Poster Man
Incoherent thoughts

He has 3 super bowl rings because the defense was stacked with otherworldly talent thanks to brilliant drafting by Bill Parcells, and he has the other three because Tom Brady (picked by **** Rehbein) developed into the greatest player of all time DESPITE the head coach.
His Cleveland offenses SUCKED, his offenses post Brady have SUCKED.
Bill Belichick should go down as the most overrated coach of all time.
That is such bs, and symbolic of the divide between the warring factions on this board. Using language like that is a problem, especially about the coach who managed the roster for 18 straight years of 12-4 type seasons, 12 AFCC appearances, 9 SB appearances, 6 titles. Brady had zero to do with the roster or the defense/ST's in that entire stretch. He gave us great QB play, but even that was partly due to Belichick coaching him up, as TB will gladly tell you.

While there have been many mistakes the past few years, there's also the reality that it's very difficult to be top dog for even 4-5 years let alone 18. And the league has gotten tougher/better, in part to Belichick being a historically great and influential coach & GM that every team copy-catted.

Being a fan doesn't entitle anyone to be a nonstop critic. We're not shareholders. Fans don't come here to deal with a bunch of angry people who always see the negative. Sports fandom is an escape, not another ****ty part of life. Even in a crap season like this, we're looking for the positives, the silver linings, the path back. The offense needs a half dozen upgrades, but we have a high pick, a ton of money to spend, a really good defense. This could flip back to an optimistic picture pretty quickly.

How about "terrible posters" and "****ing losers"? Are those on par with "homers"?
I was using mild language. There have certainly been similar references the other way also, not that I want to spend the rest of the thread debating back and forth about who said what and when. This one's almost run its course as it is.

That is such bs, and symbolic of the divide between the warring factions on this board. Using language like that is a problem, especially about the coach who managed the roster for 18 straight years of 12-4 type seasons, 12 AFCC appearances, 9 SB appearances, 6 titles. Brady had zero to do with the roster or the defense/ST's in that entire stretch. He gave us great QB play, but even that was partly due to Belichick coaching him up, as TB will gladly tell you.

While there have been many mistakes the past few years, there's also the reality that it's very difficult to be top dog for even 4-5 years let alone 18. And the league has gotten tougher/better, in part to Belichick being a historically great and influential coach & GM that every team copy-catted.

Being a fan doesn't entitle anyone to be a nonstop critic. We're not shareholders. Fans don't come here to deal with a bunch of angry people who always see the negative. Sports fandom is an escape, not another ****ty part of life. Even in a crap season like this, we're looking for the positives, the silver linings, the path back. The offense needs a half dozen upgrades, but we have a high pick, a ton of money to spend, a really good defense. This could flip back to an optimistic picture pretty quickly.
Process, process, process.

The Patriots record isn’t why people are being negative. It’s because what you see on the field is a direct reflection of what you see in the front office. The front office (Belichick) is arrogant and stubborn, refusing to self reflect or adapt, clinging to a dumb misnomer that sheer talent wasn’t the driving force behind the success.

The front office will continue to make stupid decisions and squander the draft position and cap money because they have shown zero willingness to change direction.

People don’t want Bill gone as a punishment, they want him gone so the team can be in better hands.

And yes, fans are absolutely shareholders in one way. And if you don’t understand that, go check the ticket prices on StubHub.

I don't know how people can just forget the brilliance of Belichick's defensive strategy against the Greatest Show on Turf in the Super Bowl. That was an offense that people thought was unable to be shut down. The Pats held them to 17 points.

Or how about how the 2003 defense was a historically good defense in a time where defenses still were much more important. And how they so manhandled Manning's receivers in that playoffs (intercepting Manning four times in the AFCCG) that the league changed the rules.

Or how by end of the first month of the season in 2004, the Patriots had lost both their starting CBs for the year and Belichick and his staff cobbled together a group that included Troy Brown and an endless carousel of scrub CBs like Earthwind Moreland to not only make a secondary that wasn't a liability, but a pretty good secondary.

The narrative now with a lot of people is that Belichick was this mediocre coach who just got lucky to have Brady. People ignore all the innovation and genius of his coaching over the years. I will still maintain that overall Belichick made more of an impact to this team than Brady in the early part of the dynasty and that dynamic shifted over time to make Brady more impactful.

The game has looked to have passed Belichick by in recent years, but for most of the dynasty he was the greatest of all time. If Brady was just a very good QB and not the GOAT, I still think Belichick probably would have won at least one or two of those first three Super Bowls. He probably could have won the 2001 Super Bowl if he had any one of the top QBs of that year. And that isn't a swipe at Brady. Brady wasn't the GOAT on day one and his role for the first four or five years was more of being efficient and not make mistakes than win a lot of games on his arm.

The front office will continue to make stupid decisions and squander the draft position and cap money because they have shown zero willingness to change direction.

People don’t want Bill gone as a punishment, they want him gone so the team can be in better hands.
I think what gets lost in this is if you drop him into a situation with a solid roster, that team is instantly a contender, and I'd feel pretty good about their chances in January. Unfortunately, his stubbornness on the offensive side of things (obviously, he evaluates and develops defensive guys just fine) has just absolutely crushed them this season. The personnel department side of things is really what needs to be in better hands.

At some point, no matter how much of a control-freak you might be, being willing to delegate is paramount. At the same time, there's been talk that part of things has gotten better. So either he was solely responsible for some of these personnel decisions, or it was the front office. If it's the latter, that's a big problem and just makes this entire situation that much more frustrating.

I don't know how people can just forget the brilliance of Belichick's defensive strategy against the Greatest Show on Turf in the Super Bowl. That was an offense that people thought was unable to be shut down. The Pats held them to ten points.

Or how about how the 2003 defense was a historically good defense in a time where defenses still were much more important. And how they so manhandled Manning's receivers in that playoffs (intercepting Manning four times in the AFCCG) that the league changed the rules.

Or how by end of the first month of the season in 2004, the Patriots had lost both their starting CBs for the year and Belichick and his staff cobbled together a group that included Troy Brown and an endless carousel of scrub CBs like Earthwind Moreland to not only make a secondary that wasn't a liability, but a pretty good secondary.

The narrative now with a lot of people is that Belichick was this mediocre coach who just got lucky to have Brady. People ignore all the innovation and genius of his coaching over the years. I will still maintain that overall Belichick made more of an impact to this team than Brady in the early part of the dynasty and that dynamic shifted over time to make Brady more impactful.

The game has looked to have passed Belichick by in recent years, but for most of the dynasty he was the greatest of all time. If Brady was just a very good QB and not the GOAT, I still think Belichick probably would have won at least one or two of those first three Super Bowls. He probably could have won the 2001 Super Bowl if he had any one of the top QBs of that year. And that isn't a swipe at Brady. Brady wasn't the GOAT on day one and his role for the first four or five years was more of being efficient and not make mistakes than win a lot of games on his arm.
This post for the 20.000th consecutive day is way more chalkboard grating than anything crawhammer ever wrote.

Not sure why Ian asks us not to repeat the same points but is okay with Rob basically cutting and pasting the same post every morning while he eats his cereal out of the Bill Belichick college days jockstrap he bought on eBay with his emptied retirement account.

Thanks for your references to your delusional takes from 22, 20, and 19 years ago. On further review, Bill is great and should stay!!!!

I think what gets lost in this is if you drop him into a situation with a solid roster, that team is instantly a contender
Same with every coach

Same with every coach
"Every coach" is not going to make a team a Super Bowl contender. Plenty of coaches get into the playoffs with good teams. Belichick's among the few who can finish the job. His postseason decision-making is impeccable, the Malcolm Butler thing notwithstanding.

I think what gets lost in this is if you drop him into a situation with a solid roster, that team is instantly a contender, and I'd feel pretty good about their chances in January. Unfortunately, his stubbornness on the offensive side of things (obviously, he evaluates and develops defensive guys just fine) has just absolutely crushed them this season. The personnel department side of things is really what needs to be in better hands.

At some point, no matter how much of a control-freak you might be, being willing to delegate is paramount. At the same time, there's been talk that part of things has gotten better. So either he was solely responsible for some of these personnel decisions, or it was the front office. If it's the latter, that's a big problem and just makes this entire situation that much more frustrating.

I think he could possibly go to the Chargers and make them a contender overnight. The offense, when healthy, is already stacked. So that wouldn't be an issue. And there is some really good talent on defense like Bosa and Mack. I could see him coming into a situation like and turn their fortunes around right away.

This post for the 20.000th consecutive day is way more chalkboard grating than anything crawhammer ever wrote.

Not sure why Ian asks us not to repeat the same points but is okay with Rob basically cutting and pasting the same post every morning while he eats his cereal out of the Bill Belichick college days jockstrap he bought on eBay with his emptied retirement account.

Thanks for your references to your delusional takes from 22, 20, and 19 years ago. On further review, Bill is great and should stay!!!!

You are most certainly welcome. I am glad you enjoyed my post. I keep posting just for you.

BTW, if you don't like my posts, there is an ignore function. You can always put me on ignore like probably most of the board has you on ignore.

"Every coach" is not going to make a team a Super Bowl contender. Plenty of coaches get into the playoffs with good teams. Belichick's among the few who can finish the job. His postseason decision-making is impeccable, the Malcolm Butler thing notwithstanding.
Ian, no offense but sometimes I feel like I’m living in an alternative reality. The 2021 team was 6th in points scored and 2nd in points allowed. This was only two years ago. That was 100% a solid team and contender.

The playoff performance against the Bills was truly historical in ineptness. 47-17 and not even as close ad the final score. The Bills never punted.

They could have made the playoffs last year. Certainly a solid roster. Last game of the season, essentially a playoff game, two special teams touchdowns allowed. Kickoffs! There had only been a few all season all around the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back