PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pat Kirwan says his close source to the team says NE will be bidding hard for Peppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pat Kirwan says his close source to the team says NE will be bidding hard for Pep

Warren Wilfork Seymour
Vrabel Thomas Mayo Peppers
Holy crap. I could play CB with that pass rush. Well......

Think. As soon as the QB identifires Thomas as the Mike, Vrabel and Thomas switch off!

Re: Pat Kirwan says his close source to the team says NE will be bidding hard for Pep

Peppers would look good in a Pats jersey...

Last edited:

What about Thomas-Vrabel/Guyton-Mayo-Peppers?
That could work too, either way. As Vrabel has seemingly slowed down it may be the better option. Regadless, YOW still applies.

My question, is a 29 year old Peppers an equivalent value to a 26 year old Cassel? We're talking a premium pass rusher vs. a franchise QB, I'd argue Carolina would need to toss a Day Two pick onto their side of the scale, assuming Cassel is a Top 10 QB.

Franchise tag pays the average of the top five at each postion and this year the DE number was higher so one could say DE/Premeire pass rushers are becoming the equivilant to the franchise QB as far as value.

Warren Wilfork Seymour

YOW.

I love the looks of that....

How bout Mayo obviously on the inside and Peppers on the outside but Thomas and Vrabel can situationally switch in and out to create flexability and unpredictability.

i prefer Thomas Vrabel Mayo Peppers

...with that said, i'm not gonna think about this anymore until its more than just a pipe dream

Franchise tag pays the average of the top five at each postion and this year the DE number was higher so one could say DE/Premeire pass rushers are becoming the equivilant to the franchise QB as far as value.
Yes, but if you assume that equivalency, then you also need to look at the age/mileage difference. Peppers legs go and he's done, Cassel's legs go and he's a pocket passer. Is a premium DE as valuable as a franchise QB? Is Jared Allen more valuable than Tom Brady? Phillips Rivers? Ben Toothlessberger? If Cassel is truly a Top 10 QB in today's NFL, he's a greater value than Julius Peppers - it will be fun to watch all this play out.

Not to throw any water on the peppery fires, but...
Panthers beat reporter Darin Gantt writes that he is "convinced" franchise player Julius Peppers won't be in Carolina next season.
Jordan Gross recently said he thought Peppers was open to staying, but signs point toward a trade around draft time. Carolina still figures to play hardball throughout this process to get as much compensation as possible.

Not to throw any water on the peppery fires, but...

Well what else are they going to say? "We're prepared to get ripped off!"

Booo, I don't think I want this. Wasn't he suspended in his career? I have a feeling he's a thug.

I think Peppers wants to come to NE, I really do so what would he cost?

I'm thinking it would be probably be MC + a 2nd/3rd

I have a feeling that BB is hot on him ...

I think Peppers wants to come to NE, I really do so what would he cost?

I'm thinking it would be probably be MC + a 2nd/3rd

I have a feeling that BB is hot on him ...

MC + picks is a wicked deal... for Carolina. :rolleyes:

Agreed. A deal like that would not bring a smile to my face. Not that's its all about me, but it should be :D

Having their 30 basic installed with a 52 Monster check with him as a 9-tech would be sexy as hell, though.

Are you just busting my stones? :)

Are you just busting my stones? :)

Atleast you understood what he was saying. I looked at his post and thought

:wha:

Atleast you understood what he was saying. I looked at his post and thought

:wha:

A 5-2 Monster is basically just a 3-4 with the SS rolled up. A 9 Tech is an outside eye of the TE player.

Warren Wilfork Seymour

YOW.

That would not be fair to the rest of the league - Goodell won't allow it. ;)

This believe it or not would help the CB position.. Even if they dont want Cassel, trade Cassel to Lions for the 20th, give a 1 and 2 for Peppers.. :D

In our eyes yes, in Carolina's eyes?

And how much does BB want Peppers

Rewind to Aug last year .. if id said to you Cassel + a 3rd for Peppers ...:p

MC + picks is a wicked deal... for Carolina.

You need to seriously lower your expectations for a deal involving Matt Cassel or you'll be in for a major disappointment.

Peppers' tag $ is HIGHER than that of Cassel's, therefore he's viewed as being the BETTER player! Understood?

Not necessarily, Cassel could be moved for picks, picks moved for Peppers.

Perhaps DWToys was right when he suggested a 3 way deal involving KC and Carolina! :singing:

Chiefs get Matt Cassel and Pat's #23 and #47 overall picks

Panthers get Chief's #3 overall pick

Patriots get Julius Peppers and Panther's #59 overall pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye